Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 This scene ...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
baakaara

United Kingdom
47 posts
Posted - 2019/01/02 :  15:56:58  Show profile Send a private message
Was once great, the tunes were happy and uplifting, with beautiful vocals. However now sadly it is full of SHIT HOUSES who have diluted the scene with Warpy trappy dub steppy 150bm HORSE SHITE. There are only 3 BIG players which still produce happy warm uplifting hardcore which are:
Fracus & Darwin
Technikore
Darren Styles (To an extent)

The rest are bunch of sell out SHIT HOUSES who have robbed the fans !

Alert moderator
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/01/02 :  17:11:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Actually, you forgot Al Storm & Scott Brown. Fracus & Darwin & Darren Styles are quickly becoming two sides of the same coin with that commercial/polished sound with tracks that have no intros to mix with.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2019/01/02 :  19:18:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Fracus and Darwin are seeming to go that way and to be honest, they are as annoying as they are great at times. The latest album is a great example of this. As for Alstorm, i totally agree that he is great these days and i know he is working his socks off on the 90's stuff too. In terms of the happy uplifting stuff, you need to be looking at HPTG Music (label) also, M-project and Daniel Seven is about my favourite producer for to years running now.

It is much harder to find good music at the moment.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/01/03 :  06:12:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Fracus & Darwin & Darren Styles are quickly becoming two sides of the same coin with that commercial/polished sound with tracks that have no intros to mix with.

I feel this way a lot. I buy most HU stuff but Fracus & Darwin usually leave me underwhelmed now. So many of their tracks promise a lot and then kill the energy with simple, bland leads and a commercial pop vibe. I wish Darwin would bring back the glory of tracks like Connected and Let Me In.

I'm also way too picky about modern stuff and usually only get 2-3 tracks I like off any album, whether HU, other UK Hardcore, Japanese hardcore or otherwise, so anything I say is best ignored.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2019/01/03 06:15:11
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2019/01/03 :  17:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
First we had this:

Then this:

Then this:

Then this:

Now we just get this:

So I listen to this:

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/01/03 :  21:23:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Yes! I wish Darwin would go back to the style of tracks like Connected and Light Up My Life, with interesting leads, rough percussion, and cheesy vocals. His tracks use to have a nice bit of chaos in them. Maybe one day.

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  00:10:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage
The "Styles and Dougal - Home" track isn't that bad.

Just funny how it's really Stonebank. The production, everything, is no different to "ripped to pieces". Even that follow on into the breakdown (Where last few notes of main melody is repeated off beat in next breakdown/build).

So thats percs and stuff... Styles. The rest is Stonebank (weather him doing it or a technique Styles learned off him).

Apart from making a few cups of PG tips during the process, I would wonder what Dougal has put into that collab? **** all being the likely answer.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  06:34:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
The "Styles and Dougal - Home" track isn't that bad.

I concur. For better or worse I'm liking the hardstyle ripoff of tracks like Heroes from Hardcore Heaven.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  14:39:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Apart from making a few cups of PG tips during the process, I would wonder what Dougal has put into that collab? **** all being the likely answer.

Well we are yet to see a proper upfront solo track from him arent we. I heard on the hardcore heaven sanctury dvd (2003) when they were interviewing gammer (when he was first on the scene) that dougal was incharge of mixdowns so whether or not he still follows that path i dont no

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Edited by - Mansy on 2019/01/05 14:40:10
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  16:25:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
quote:

Well we are yet to see a proper upfront solo track from him arent we. I heard on the hardcore heaven sanctury dvd (2003) when they were interviewing gammer (when he was first on the scene) that dougal was incharge of mixdowns so whether or not he still follows that path i dont no

Dougal - senses. From 2017, one of the HU hardcore heaven albums.

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2019/01/06 :  00:43:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
I don't know jack about a lot of the music/scene since 2008. I am pretty much a nostalgic of the 1990s stuff and the stuff when i was a teenager in the 2000s.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/01/06 :  10:33:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
quote:

There are plenty of examples of producers who dont have any solo tracks in their back catalogue. Sy being one. His tracks with Unknown are now legendary but Unknowns stint as a solo producer showed him to be average at best. Im struggling to think of many Brisk solo tracks too.

Back to Dougal, I always thought that he added plenty of value to his tracks. Dougal and Gammer tracks always sounded a lot more polished and generally miles better than Gammers solo work for example.

I agree with the initial point about his new tracks with Styles however. Sounds identical to all of the generic shite that has been coming out for the last couple of years. All of the sounds are preset and its difficult to see what influence he might have had on the track when Styles has been producing very similar tracks on his own for a while. Compare it to one of my all time favourites and possibly one of Dougal and Styles first collabs - Still the one. I thought both producers had a notable input with their sounds at that time.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2019/01/07 :  13:51:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:

There are plenty of examples of producers who dont have any solo tracks in their back catalogue. Sy being one. His tracks with Unknown are now legendary but Unknowns stint as a solo producer showed him to be average at best. Im struggling to think of many Brisk solo tracks too.

Brisk did some good remixes back in the day. His remix of Breeze's Jump a Little Higher is on of his best but overlooked works

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2019/01/07 :  19:09:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage
Dougal's dad was heavily involved with Dreamscape and doing photo stuff. Maybe helped Dougal be a part of it.

Styles has had all round talent and proved that. Dougal? Who knows. Gammer? Yep (not anymore). Breeze (nah). Hixxy? (Probably).

That's the thing with the scene aint it?

For the big names, someone carried someones else who learned a few bits which made their name noticeable because of who they worked with or the scene was in it's infancy.

They get carried further by someone else and so on.

Let's be fair here, "Vibes" is a classic example of this. What has he done at all?

Worked with Wishdokta. Got booked for events and paired with Livelee (Playing go mental and so on). Somehow booked for Bonkers 6 mix.

Then stole someone else's production as his own ("Z.o.e.e - Techno wonderland" in its original form was re-pressed and claimed as his own), which also puts in doubt his collabs with Wishdokta as likely having minimal input if he has to claim someone else's work as his own.

Consumed a can of stella in an IMO records interview, was somehow booked to do a mix for Dreamsape millennium collection.... and.... Oh wait?

Why didn't he include his "ravers choice - techno wonderland" in the mix for that? Perhaps as the album was released by Beechwood music and they would have uncovered his scam with that?

Carried on showcasing as the Vibes and Livelee parody show. Comes back into "producing" under Vibes and that other lad.

The mind boggles

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2019/01/08 :  12:13:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
quote:

It's credited as a D&G track on Gammer's Jap-only album

https://www.discogs.com/Gammer-Yabai/release/11592722

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/01/08 :  12:37:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
quote:

It's credited as a D&G track on Gammer's Jap-only album

https://www.discogs.com/Gammer-Yabai/release/11592722

I wonder if "Yabai" (やばい) in this case means Shit/Crap/Terrible. I doubt it means Oh Shit/It's Dangerous or Cool/Terrific/Awesome :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/01/08 13:47:29

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page