Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 How's your scene?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/08/11 :  08:58:36  Show profile Send a private message
Wondering how HHC or raves in general are going all abouts the world. Getting bigger? smaller? What style of music is dominating the dancefloors? Whats your prediction on whats gonna be the new sound?

Here in Australia raves are growing damn fast, good events can get 2000 easy. Utopia (Largest event in sydney) filling out to 10,000 easily. Music wise, theres an even blend of hard trance, hard house, hardcore, HHC, gabba and Oldskool anthems on the floor, with breaks coming back in a little.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/08/11 :  11:06:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Offtopic: I used to play early Utopia's and other PowerHouse parties... they were real small then... onyl about 500 people max... Glad to see things have grown!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/08/11 :  11:50:02  Show profile  Send a private message
The scene in the UK has exploded since 2000. Once skelter had left things were looking bleak but now things are looking real healthy again.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

djtate

United Kingdom
138 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  06:17:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djtate's homepage
Yer raves are much better now that helter skelter is back!

Like Micheal Jackson I 'm a lyrical thriller Jack Nickloson I 'm a hardcore killer like Peter Pan iam the boy who can fly like a 747 right up to the sky

This is well old now. Aint been on this for years, gonna leavemy profile like this for a while x

Edward

United Kingdom
40 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  06:29:41  Show profile  Send a private message
In what ways does everyone think the style of hardcore music has changed?

In my opinion, the tempo has slowed down. The music has also broken away from light, happy, bouncy tracks to more serious hard trancy tunes. Helter Skelter/Compulsion in May 2001 is a good example of this.

I think that is a good change, because a bit of a change is what the scene really needs (or needed).

Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  06:35:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
Geeez silver where you like part of everything back in the day? Glad people like you where around back then pushing the scene, otherwise we wouldn't have it right now.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  10:15:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yep after creating man the world and everything I decided to rest on Sunday :)

Not really... I just have stayed with "techno" along along time and gotten to know alot of people.

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  13:19:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage
ed
yea the tempo has slowed down alot in my view its gone very trancey and even sumtimes i can hear a bit of hard house
this is kinda good cuz it gets more people into the scene

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html

Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Posted - 2001/08/14 :  08:03:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
Agreed ed, i'm sure its been said elsewhere, happy is losing alot of the breaks and incorporating trancy elements. Its all good though, I'm loving eveery bit of it.

cookietrip143
Starting Member

14 posts
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  17:45:29  Show profile  Send a private message
I currently reside in colombia,south america yet started my love affair with happycore while livin in lovely southern california.the cali scene,back when I was there -96 through 99 -was un*****beleivable.been back in colombia since and unfortunately cannot say the same.
as far as I know I´m the only hhc d.j. here which makes things kind of difficult.
I´ve been thinking of organizing an event but the thought of being the only happycore d.j. sandwiched between a dozen techno/house/techouse d.js doesnt motivate me lately.thats what people r used 2 here.
I personaly couldnt care less about techno/house parties yet unfortunately it makes up what colombians refer to as "the ""RAVE"" scene".
evry time I start thinkin of throwin a party I end up thinkin that money would b petter spent on other things.oh well.
I´ve talked to promoters and have spun for a few to show´em whut "THe StYLE" is all about and always end up hearing the same shit.
"sounds nice but...How do u dance to it?"
or
"thats too "HEAVY""
ARGHH!!!
frustrating.

but I tell ya
one of these days.ONE OF THESE DAYS!

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  18:16:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
I love the LA scene. so many raves. yumilicious.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  21:58:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
cookie: I'm sure there are a few DJ's on happyhardcore.com that might want to come down for a "holiday" and DJ for your event... I totally recommend puting on an event, you control everything about it and can play for happy tunes for all the people that come and introduce them to happy hardcore

Good luck!

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2001/08/20 :  02:51:01  Show profile  Send a private message
There doesnt appear to be any hhc scene here in brisbane, Australia.. occasionally we get a hard house rave that has a side room with some hhc gabba kinda stuff... but i have only heard a decent hhc set about three times in the last year or so.. one was hixxy.. another was tizer from ireland (damn good) and the other was at a day rave.. it was a local guy who never usually plays happy.. and he didnt play too much. most hardcore that goes around here is the more noizey gabba kinda stuff (neophyte?) ...no melodies.. or very simple ones.

i dont know anyone else remotely interested in gettting something going here (...well 'cept heist). but if people were willing i'd be very happy to put in the effort to do a hhc event.. did i mention f**k all hhc comes into the brisbane record stores?

--------¡
Open your eyes, see all the love in me, I got enough for ever.
Dont be afraid, take all you need from me, and we'll be strong together...

Carrie
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2001/08/25 :  12:12:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Carrie's homepage
i love my scene here in houston. HHC isn't popular at all really. i claim to be one of the few people that likes it. HappyHardcore bashing is quite popular. :( so sad.

the smiling face of HaPpY HaRdCoRe

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  09:35:53  Show profile  Send a private message
Sorry i have to disagrree botu skelter n the scene it is ok bringing in hard hosue trance fans etc but wot about the hhc n hardcore among us:) they risk losing us if they go to soft:( Big it up dave n penny for ther ework with skelte rthru time!!!!1

Ant B

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  16:35:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
yea, i see alot of companies pushing hard house on the rasta now...only because its the money maker and with the happy scene not as strong as it used to be, they need to offer more of what is going to keep their head above water.

it does suck to see less hardcore, but at least they havent turned their backs on it...like alot of companies here in TORONTO. we get a slim few parties now with HHC, but they still pop up now and then. we were just lucky to have the hardcore scene as big as it was a few years back. i used to play at parties here and there under a different name, but now...well... you know...

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page