Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why does Storm get so much hate?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2019/05/11 :  22:07:26  Show profile Send a private message
This may have been discussed before but can anyone explain to me why MC Storm gets so much hate in the scene? I know he has a lot of fans but he seems to have a lot more haters. Any particular reason[s] why this is? When I've watched his interviews on YouTube in the past he always seems to get so much negativity in the comments, often being called a "crackhead" and a "dick" etc. Although I've never directly met him I think Storm is a legend and he's a pleasure to watch on stage at any rave.

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/05/11 :  23:13:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I have no idea.

As far as I'm concerned, he's fleek pon da mic.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/05/11 :  23:28:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
?This may have been discussed before?

😂

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  00:41:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
Because he never shuts up. He takes over the set he talks so much. Makes it all about him.

I have always preferred Whizzkid, Livelee, Ribzz & Sharkey, have more of a traditional style without drowning out a djset with a their voices.

A dj should enhance the set not completely take over. This is why MC Storm is disliked.

Think there was some big blowup in the past with Sy about something too.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  05:59:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I think most hate him lately for making the DJ Sy matter even worse, when it could've stayed between Sy, Sy's ex and Squad-E

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  07:01:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
The Sy saga was more about Storm than anyone else. I remember his ?statements? at the time. All based on hearsay and conjecture, designed to make him look like a superhero... However, they just showed him up for the bully that he is. There may have been something in the claims but the way it was handled in the public domain made everyone look bad.

PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  08:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I think most hate him lately for making the DJ Sy matter even worse, when it could've stayed between Sy, Sy's ex and Squad-E

What exactly did he do?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  09:02:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=59156&SearchTerms=,question,about,Dj,Sy

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  10:24:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Long story short.

Storm called out DJ Sy for being a pedophile.
Sy did have pictures taken of scantly clad girls about 16-18 years old (no nudes or actual sex from my understanding), and Sy's Ex and Squad-E made him sound like the ultimate pervert with his "cleaning his computer's harddrive once every day"

And to top it all off, people seem to have more stories about MC Storm actually having sex with girls around 16-18.

Edited by - Samination on 2019/05/12 10:26:37
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  10:55:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Please not all this again.

PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  11:06:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Please not all this again.

OK totally dismiss the whole SY thing now as that's obviously been done to death on this site. But what about Storm in person? Has anyone on here met him face to face or know him personally? If so what's he like/how does he come across?

Edited by - PhantomB on 2019/05/12 11:06:48
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  17:24:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
First met him in 2009 at dance island, seemed alright, then i started going to hyperbolic in 2010 / 2011 sort of time so saw him more, seemed sound and was always really cool with me, always used to stop and chat, make time to talk etc, really nice guy i thought, we attended either one if not 2 of his true hardcore events in peterborough, spent absolutely ages talking, we used to chat via fb messenger at times, couple or 3 times i month id say, all cool.

Then fast forward to some time in 2015 i think, he wrote a long status about a girl who's one of mine and my fiancees best friends, i shan't elaborate further because it isn't relevant to the story, but ill leave it at this, i didn't agree with the content of the status because i knew elements, or in fact pretty much all of what had been posted was untrue, i commented as much, my comment was deleted, so i posted it again, and again deleted, i then received an inbox which wasn't exactly complementary, and i was then blocked, i ran into him around a year or so later and he told me that he wasn't talking to me because he thought i was a kn0b, blocked and ignored after 4 or 5 years all because i dared call him out and disagreed with him.

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2019/05/12 17:28:19
PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2019/05/12 :  18:13:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
First met him in 2009 at dance island, seemed alright, then i started going to hyperbolic in 2010 / 2011 sort of time so saw him more, seemed sound and was always really cool with me, always used to stop and chat, make time to talk etc, really nice guy i thought, we attended either one if not 2 of his true hardcore events in peterborough, spent absolutely ages talking, we used to chat via fb messenger at times, couple or 3 times i month id say, all cool.

Then fast forward to some time in 2015 i think, he wrote a long status about a girl who's one of mine and my fiancees best friends, i shan't elaborate further because it isn't relevant to the story, but ill leave it at this, i didn't agree with the content of the status because i knew elements, or in fact pretty much all of what had been posted was untrue, i commented as much, my comment was deleted, so i posted it again, and again deleted, i then received an inbox which wasn't exactly complementary, and i was then blocked, i ran into him around a year or so later and he told me that he wasn't talking to me because he thought i was a kn0b, blocked and ignored after 4 or 5 years all because i dared call him out and disagreed with him.

Wow..... Bloody hell!

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/05/15 :  07:21:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
Storm is and always will be the biggest c-U-nt in Hardcore.

a) The DJ Sy thing which was a lot of ********, and shows the kinda person Storm is.

b) The fact he thinks HE is the biggest thing on stage not the DJ

c) He never shuts up, people say he hypes the crowd, but the music is supposed to do that, not his bollox sing a long lyrics.

d) "THE CALL" lets not forget this, for those who were not on USH (Me included) at the time this happened, from what I remember, (the forum was removed before I could get screenies of the whole thing) Someone said shit about Storm, critisicing him or his style, which happens in all walks of life yeah ? He went nuts, and phone the guy and tried to meet him in a service station off the M4 (I think) and punch his head in. As was said earlier, Storm will not allow anyone to speak bad of him or anything he stands for or says, he's a complete arrogant asshat. I abused him in chat on Rough Tempo once, when he turned up with Breeze and someone else, and he flips out.

For an MC to make their way onto CD's isn't testament to their ability, its their ability to suck the promoters c0ck well enough to get the gig in the first place. Storm is a shit MC, complete coke head, I mean look at the fool, anyone can see he's been hitting the sniff hard for years.

There are a few people in Hardcore who are hated, for good reason, but Storm wins that one hands down, Hixxy a close second.

I'll probably get "the call" now too

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/05/15 :  07:44:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I'm pretty sure Keyes, Squad-E and maybe Gammer would be higher on that list than Hixxy

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/05/15 :  07:47:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I'm pretty sure Keyes, Squad-E and maybe Gammer would be higher on that list than Hixxy

I really don't know much about what they've done tbh, i've never even heard of Keyes.

Gammer, all I know is he turned his back on the UK Support he had and shit on them, hardly suprising tbh.

Squad - E seems to have lost the plot.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page