Total online 1632
 Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 If hardcore goes mainstream what do you think?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
djmyers

United Kingdom
277 posts
djmyers has donated money to the site djmyers has attended 4 events
Posted - 2003/12/07 :  23:21:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmyers's homepage
I would probably hate it if it all went mainstreme!

Hardcore is underground music. Its the best underground music style around and whether it went mainstreme or not, the people it matters to most, us the hardcore ravers, would still follow the scene! Id follow hardcore till my death parted me from it. I love hardcore and whatever happens to the scene , I will always follow the scene AND thats coz Im just the same as Hixxy, HARDCORE TILL I DIE!

Isnt that what matters most anyway?

DJ's rule the world, Especially the Hardcore!
http://www.djmyers.tk

Download my mixes & shows FREE
http://www.djandymyers.co.uk

Core Sensations FB http://www.facebook.com/CoreSensations
http://www.twitter.com/djandymyers
http://www.mixcloud.com/djandymyers

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - djmyers on 2003/12/07 23:23:16
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2003/12/11 :  07:51:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
There is already Eminem laced hardcore tracks and alot of mainstream sounding ones, Already some radios surport hardcore.

It will only go mainstream if there is a demand and 60% of media is aimed at females, so unless they start buying mostly hardcore and not chill out cd's and hard house, which seems to be the fad the last few years.
then I cant see it happening. but Mianstream hardcore wouldnt be bad, thu who wants 30 diff cd's with all the same anthems on them :(

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/12/14 :  04:33:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
In all honesty, I hate people that oppose this....

Hardcore is not about an 3|337 few that go to raves on weekends. Hardcore is about music and having a mad time listening to it.

Sure you are going to get people that think they are hard cos of the fact that they listen to hardcore. That happens to anything. People think they are top-notch cos of what ever reason. This is due to the inbuilt competative nature of humans. On forums, you'll get people thinking and saying that they are top cos they have like a gazillion posts.

In the result of "going mainstream", I think of the artists. Will they be respected? Will they get paid for all their hard work? In short - yes.

Personally, I don't think that hardcore will ever get a huge following like other genres of music. (People give me funny looks when I say I like electronic music).

Hardcore is too different. Different in the sense that is faster than alot of music out there. Thats a huge turn off for some people.

Going "mainstream" will have its disadvantages for sure, like crappy remixes of freakin Brittney or Celine Dion (well the bootlegs that are lying around aren't THAT bad). Or wannabes, but that happens with everything.

I say, GO YOU GOOD THING!! I don't care about mainstream or not, I listen to what I like and support the artists that I like. That should be the end of it.

-=[ryg0r]=-

thecrazyg

Australia
451 posts
thecrazyg has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/12/22 :  10:57:22  Show profile  Send a private message
i think that if hardcore goes mainstream, the music will still be good, but the rave vibe will be killed by people that dont understand that you have to give and not just take from the scene. . . the whole idea of PLUR will become nothing more than a myth and our scene will no longer exist as we like it.. i think even at the moment a lot of uk hardcore (especially like hixxy's bonkers mixes) is very close to the 'pop' edge of the sscale. . old happyhardcore was nothing like pop and was still happy. . i say go back to the old happyhard and reinvent the new type again :)

ANybody wanna donate some cash to the "Turntables for Gav fund?" ~ If you don't, you could be to blame for the demise of happy hardcore!

theres only ever one reply:
IM HARDCORE UNTIL I DIE!

NeonFingerTips

United States
23 posts
Posted - 2003/12/24 :  02:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message
...I voted the quality would decrease. If it does go mainstream, which I hope it doesn't, It'll become like the "Punk Rock" scene. The style of true punk-rockers is practically a trend now. For example, Good Charlotte or however you may spell their band name, everyone says they are punk just because of how they dress and because they dress in black and have studs all over their clothes, their music is now rock music?! Okay...I'll shut up. This is completely off the topic. Anyways, I just hope it doesn't go mainstream!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger...then it hit me!

stinger
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2003/12/31 :  01:54:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit stinger's homepage
Personally, I think hardcore music itself will remain unchanged. It will still be fast, loud, bouncy, and the mixes will still climax just the same. If the style of hardcore were ever to change then I would be very dissapointed, regardless of wether or not it's mainstream. If hardcore went mainstream it would be getting the respect it deserves. However, if I don't get into the next rave because 800 million posers show up and screw the scene over, I will be pissed. Ordinarily I'm not too greedy about my music and I'm willing to share it, as long as I still get a big enough peice that others are envious.

"I love happy hardcore music!"

NeonFingerTips

United States
23 posts
Posted - 2004/01/01 :  06:43:17  Show profile  Send a private message
Yeah I agree with the, "800 million posers show up" part.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger...then it hit me!

Madkeenraver
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2004/01/19 :  06:44:48  Show profile  Send a private message
NO ****ING WAY!!!!!!! Hardcore is the only thing that has been left for us dedicated ravers. Every rave i go to i have to put up with little play ravers trying to mash them selves up in the "hard house room". =( If happy hard, or any type of hardcore is goes mainstream whats going to be left for us? With the exception of trance..... Yawwnnn BORING!~ La de dah crap!

Cyberpunk
Advanced Member

United States
540 posts
Posted - 2005/03/01 :  02:29:45  Show profile  Send a private message
Who knows what'll happen.

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page