Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 em-360
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Virtblue
Starting Member

3 posts
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  21:12:47  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Virtblue's homepage
i found a site that was selling the em-360 numark mixer withthe intergrated khoas pad

and i was wondering if any had this mixer and if it was any good. or should i just buy the khoas pad and a mixer separate?

Alert moderator
SorceryKid

United States
32 posts
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  23:28:42  Show profile  Send a private message
I don't own an EM-360 personally, but I have seen one demonstrated and had the opportunity to try it hands on. It was really kewl... but I got the impression it was one of those "hey that's neat, okay I'm bored now" types of deals. The idea of the integration of a mixer and fx processor is neat, altho certainly nothing new.

My major concern is that this mixer really lacks in some essential "mixer" features. Perhaps they were forcusing more on the Kaoss Pad in the design process, because I didn't see any sign of Channel Gain Controls, Channel EQ Controls, or even PFL Metering. It certainly has a lot of inputs tho, but without Gain control, what's the point?

Just from a casual glance at the catalogs, I'd say that the EM-460 looks like a more attractive (and expandable) alternative. The Kaoss Pad separate might also suit your needs. The only drawback with that configuration, is you need a mixer which has an fx loop, otherwise you only get the "wet" signal (i.e. you can't control the effect mix -- for whatever odd reason.

--DJ SorceryKid

Edited by - SorceryKid on 25 Sep 2001 23:30:09

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.71 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page