Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Cartridge Issues
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  01:21:11  Show profile Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
So I just got my hands on a Shure SC35C, to begin with I noticed two things, 1) it gets much better sound than the Stanton 500 or 520 that I have, but for some reason the volume is alot softer then the two Stantons. I tried it in both of my turntables (a stanton str8-60 and a str8-80) and got the same low volume issues. It sorta sounds muffled... is this a problem with the cartridge or something else? The thing that confuses me is that I just listened to a track through my headphones and the quality of the sound is really good, so why should it be getting muffled sound? Also I have to turn the gain up a bit so even see the VU spike on a beat. Can anyone help with this?

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  13:01:49  Show profile  Send a private message
are the cables at the back of the cartridge connected up the right way?? it should be,with the front of the cartridge towards you:
top left:blue
top right:green
bottom left:red
bottom right:white

and remember that some cartridges are louder than others,personally i'd stick with stantons,i got 505's on mine,they're pretty loud and the sound's crystal clear

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page