Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/11 :  11:26:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The PC rox with endless capabilities. Also you can do plenty more with a PC over a game console, ere are just a few:-

1) Play Games
2) Watch Movies (DVD)
3) Copy CDs (CD-RW)
4) Listen to music (CD-data AND MP3s)
5) Browse the net
6) Customise settings (Desktop)
7) Take pictures and animate them (digi cam)
8) Scan photos and other various images
9) Print
10) Do homework

DO I HAVE TO GO ON....NO I THINK 10 REASONS WILL DO

and also 1400mhz is not the latest amd processor. Also p4 is MUCH faster.

Can't you see I love it, baby when it hurts you so.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/11 :  11:29:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
its true you can do more on the pc .

and in my previous reply i dont suggest that and the pc is cool to .
but not for games or waching movies.

im glad i have ps2 and my dvd player.

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/11 :  12:09:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey look i'm sure you are quite young that is why you get pleasure out of game consoles, there is nothing wrong with that, when I was little I had a commodore64 and it was wkd. But as you get older you kind of grow out of them I suppose. You'll want some action ;) You'll see.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/11 :  12:27:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:

Hey look i'm sure you are quite young that is why you get pleasure out of game consoles, there is nothing wrong with that, when I was little I had a commodore64 and it was wkd. But as you get older you kind of grow out of them I suppose. You'll want some action ;) You'll see.

im 23 ( im not old but young?)
and i enjoy consoles

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/10/11 :  21:45:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
The way I see it, the PC is for "work" and internet and my consoles are for games...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

deelay

United Kingdom
35 posts
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  08:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit deelay's homepage  Reply with quote
You could argue that what PC is alot more expensive than a console, show me a PC you can get for under £300 that has games equivalent to ps2. A PC would need a monitor (nealry £300 itslef for a decent one) a decent gfx card, a dvd drive and all the extras to operate it. Where as a ps2 for example just plugs in to ya TV and u can watch dvd's play games.

Having said that i prefer the PC for game @;)

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  14:02:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yeah but you get what you pay for and if you've got the money it's best to put that bit extra, and get something thats going to be more efficient and that lasts longer.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  14:04:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by Northants_DnB:

Yeah but you get what you pay for and if you've got the money it's best to put that bit extra, and get something thats going to be more efficient and that lasts longer.

i update my pc every year with my psx did 4 years.

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  14:08:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Also the games on PCs have been around over 15 years therefor giving a bigger variety the psx has been around a year, also what can you do with the psx2 games when the console goes out of date. With a PC you can upgrade or buy a new PC and still play your classic and modern games. PC games will NEVER end, there will be billions more games avaiable to the psx2 hundreds, also there is like 100 psx2 games out (most PC imports ie EAsport range) to the millions avaiable on the PC. hmmmmmm wide variety, also you can not program on the black box 'game console' described in many magazines when 1st shown as 'a hidious 80s out-of-date style console'. I mean it uses the '93 playstation game ports/controllers/mem cards. I'm not saying psx2s are crap, just that PCs are far supiror to them and always will lead over game consoles.

THE END!!!!!!!

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  14:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Well if you have to update your PC every year maybe you should buy a new PC. Mine has lasted 3 years and still runs the l8test games perfect. Not as good as my 1200mhz.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/12 :  15:41:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
i have a new pc.

i he is good still i will update him beacause i want always the newest stuff. i dont know why.

pc always supior to a game console you dont know what the future will bring.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/15 :  03:46:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
i agree that PC gamez rule!!!

has anyone seen MAX PAYNE? all i can say is OMG, its the best game ive ever seen and ive seen alot of games. i get into arguments all the time with my "console" friends.

i agree a PC is expensive, but i cant even begin to tell you all the amazing stuff my computer does. for example...PC gamez can give the user full access to programs that enable you to create new levels and actually design game play.

you can get expansion packs, cracks, patches. hell, you can have Spider-man ride the pipe in Pro Skater 2. talk about endless possibilities.

i feel you get way more accurate aiming and gameplay with a mouse than you do with a game pad, cause ive got both and the gamepad is only good fer Pro Skater 2 and Grand Prix 3.

with emulators on your computer, you can play any console system that has been made. all the way back to the good ol days.

with consoles, as well...every few years everyone wants to get a new one. and every year they get more expensive. with my PC, im gonna upgrade my system anyways with how much i use it, so i just benifit double plus and computer components become cheaper, faster than consoles do.

ah well, at least were all gamerz at heart.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page