Who is the scratch master?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/10/28 :  22:14:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i agree dj sy for hardcore

but all round... dj reflux

mostly coz hes an ozzy n he rocks my jocks off =P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Darkstar
Starting Member

United States
19 posts
Posted - 2001/10/29 :  10:35:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Does anyone here listen to house or have heard of Bad Boy Bill? If not, pick up Bad Boy Bill's "Bangin' The Box 4".

I'm bigger and bolder, and rougher and tougher, in other words sucka, there is no other. I am the one and only dominator.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2001/10/29 :  11:36:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ugh, don't even get me started on bad boy bill or richard humpty vision for that matter =P

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"

plasma

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2001/10/29 :  19:00:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
anyone heard of charlie chan?he is a hip hop dj,but the man is sick! I've seen him scratch two records and use his nose on the cross fader!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/29 :  20:02:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
now that is just o.t.t! bet it's fun to watch someone do that though

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

Pink Boots

United Kingdom
27 posts
Posted - 2001/10/30 :  11:28:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pink Boots's homepage  Reply with quote
I registered just so I could put my 2 cents in on this topic:
Robbie Long!!
This man can scratch. I think he's the top of hardcore. I've only heard him and Sy on tape, so maybe I've missed Sy's better sets, but I think Robbie Long is amazing. I have seen Hype, and I think he's a very good scratcher, he cuts the records up like a madman.

I don't know turntablism very well, so I can't really voice an opinion on that, but I rate Andy Smith (of Portishead) extremely highly. His scratches aren't that complex, but the timing within the songs is exquisite. He really makes the turntable into an instument.

Faster is not Harder.
Harder is Harder.

djmarinecorpse

Canada
265 posts
Posted - 2001/11/15 :  18:53:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
DJ Tizer! Sorry, I feel like I just yelled bomb in an airport. Everybody's always looking at me funny whenever I talk about him. But seriously, he's fairly decent...

Old sig removed due to stagnation.

wicky vicky
Banned

United States
55 posts
Posted - 2001/11/18 :  13:22:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wicky vicky's homepage  Reply with quote
has anyone listened to the world of sy and unknow cd. im sorry but that guys skracths are terrible. there slow and he does the same thing over and over agian. he should learn the crab or some echo skratches.
now simon apex is awsome. he does fast skratchs. awsome. as for the skratch master, it has to be dj qbert in sanfranciso. he has won so many competitions and is in the worlds most famous skratching crew the invisbl skratch pikls. big ups to the isp. bow

"play nothing but hardcore"

always log out

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/11/19 :  03:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicky vicky:

has anyone listened to the world of sy and unknow cd. im sorry but that guys skracths are terrible. there slow and he does the same thing over and over agian. he should learn the crab or some echo skratches.
now simon apex is awsome. he does fast skratchs. awsome. as for the skratch master, it has to be dj qbert in sanfranciso. he has won so many competitions and is in the worlds most famous skratching crew the invisbl skratch pikls. big ups to the isp. bow

"play nothing but hardcore"

sy is well-known about his scrathing i dont think many people agree with you.

but on the uniteddance cd in his mix he sometimes scratch in a nice vocals so the s i very irretating.

spree deserves a mention of his schratch in skill i think he done it very well and on the right time.

but cloudskipper has much to learn.
so as me lol

You can't see me,because i am the future.

cookietrip143
Starting Member

14 posts
Posted - 2001/11/20 :  22:25:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I bought united dance vol. 6 back in 97 and have yet to hear somethin more incredible than sy´s scratchin at the beginning of his set.
Like WOW!!
can somebody explain to me the technique he uses in which his scratching sounds like hes goin all over the place pitch wise.
I mean is that just record control or does he do anything special with the fader or what!

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/11/20 :  22:48:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it's just record control, speeding it up or slowing down. the faster scratches produce a high chirp, while the slower ones make a low sounding chirp.

it's really not that hard to do. it's just doing it in a constant rhythm which makes it somewhat difficult.

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"

cookietrip143
Starting Member

14 posts
Posted - 2001/11/20 :  23:08:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I´m not so sure about it just being record control .I mean no matter how hard I try I cant make it "talk" LIke sy if u kno what I mean.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/11/20 :  23:10:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
slow the record with your fingers by applying pressure, speed it up by pushing the record forward

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page