Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
tunnelrush
Advanced Member

United States
1,831 posts
tunnelrush has donated money to the site tunnelrush has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/16 :  07:35:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tunnelrush's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy:

Jo Jo has been widely tipped to dethrone the mighty Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera!

Great that means over here in the states we have a 13 year old little hussy in the makings to look forward too. ive never seen/heard of this chick before does she at least have self respect and dress nicely..or is she dressin beyonce and britney-esqu already? good for her though if she doin that good at such a young age.....

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>

<Sennheiser HD25's/Technics RPDJ 1200
<Tracktion 2

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dezmond

United Kingdom
79 posts
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  14:08:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dezmond's homepage  Reply with quote
We've already got Britney and Christina so why do we need the next one?

I did cringe when I heard this on the radio but then again I cringe at drum and bass. It's all subjective. It's not like there's much wrong with the subject matter though. It's only things that you'll see in the average teen orientated tv show anyway. I'll just do the ostrich thang everytime it's on.

Pete is Everyone
Everyone is Pete
Pete is the One

Feel my Pain http://www.impactclub.com/dezmond.htm

Feel my Pain http://www.impactclub.com/dezmond.htm

Kyle_Buffrey

Tanzania
141 posts

37 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  23:43:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kyle_Buffrey's homepage  Reply with quote
When it comes to people mentioning how JoJo was made to look older read a book called "Branded". I'm sorry can't remember who the author was, but try to find it if you can.

It speaks very much of how large corporations and their marketing department's aim of encouraging young girls to dress like older women, and of encouraging older women to dress as though, they are young girls. The purpose of this is to merge the interests and tastes of two seperate markets into one or something. I.e you end up with mother and daughter wearing the same clothing and listening to the same music. A simplified marketplace that can be easily monopolised. A scary thought isn't it?

But the whole thing about her speaking about subjects unknown to her. I'm sorry to say that 13 year old girls sleeping around loads is not uncommon in some deprived areas. Another scary fact. I just wish that leaders of the western world would do something, such as preventing advertising from encouraging dirty slag behaviour to an inappropiate audience. Or punish the Chavette slappers who get pregnant at 12 in order to scrounge a flat + benefit money. I don't know what punishment methods would work but I'm sure the fact they can't spell contraception never mind use it, is one of the causes of society's problems.

****, I'm getting too political and angry. And probably offensive too.
But it is true, that all of them at that age ave no true realisation of what a solid relationship. Or love actually is.

Teen manufacturered pop has little to do with music, it's an advert for clothes, drinks and other consumable products. Morals or profound thoughts have no relevance. The fans would probably hate her if she was fat and ugly yet had the best voice in the world. They don't understand that you listen to music you don't look at it.

Fairfield
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2004/09/24 :  01:20:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Human Traffic Says It All

quote:
"I'm All alone im on the phone im 16 years old with a broken heart"

CHEESE ON TOAST BOLLOCKS!

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2004/10/26 :  15:51:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
piece of shit!! this music makes me angry!!

dassfisken

Edited by - Fishy on 2004/10/26 15:52:05
-Bazza-
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,276 posts

18 hardcore releases
-Bazza- has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/10/27 :  02:08:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil_G:
She is too young to sing songs about relationships or even to sing at all the songs crap she shud be killed and SHES TOO DAMN YOUNG.

------------------------------------------------------
Keepin The Scene Alive, Hardcore Will Never Die

Dj Devolution

Killing her maybe a bit harsh. lol

----------------------
Hardcore Till I Die!
----------------------

Mattikake
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Mattikake has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/10/27 :  13:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mattikake's homepage  Reply with quote
Like she wrote the song herself! lol

It was written by some peadophillic middle-aged producer who got turned on by the idea of other peado's and schoolboys getting turned on by a 13yo singing about relationships while thinking of the phat profit he was going to make.

Pop music insults every single hardcore raver (IMO of course!). In fact it insults every single person. It's designed to make money, not because the people who like the music like to write it/play it/DJ it. It was aimed at peados and pre-pubescent kids - the stupid, the desperate and the uneducated. This is the easiest way to sell this kinda sh!t. Money corrupts.

Emmy, I don't know you, but stop listening to this sh!t NOW! Save your soul, save your mind, save your money.

Old old old-skool

Andrew184
Average Member

United Kingdom
213 posts

61 hardcore releases
Andrew184 has attended 8 events
Posted - 2004/10/27 :  19:07:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I found it disturbing when I found out she was only 13. On the video she looks about 16. I also don't think she should be singing about such things. The same problem is on TV soaps - Kids about 12 featuring in storylines about relationships. It's kinda disturbing really.

I really do just hate the pop music world - its geared around nothing more than making money from a load of sad, ignorant and un-educated fools. eg:

"Hey mate, I heard a piss take of that tune by Flip n Fill's, the Shooting Star one. Yeah they just sped it up loads" - being a classic example of ignorance which I've encountered.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/10/27 :  20:09:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mattikake:
It was aimed at peados and pre-pubescent kids - the stupid, the desperate and the uneducated. This is the easiest way to sell this kinda sh!t. Money corrupts.

Sure, if you dont like it, we must all hate it too. Seriously, i dont like most of the pop artists (about 95%), but there ARE very good pop artists too. It's very narrow minded to say things like that from an artist, just cause you dont like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew184:
"Hey mate, I heard a piss take of that tune by Flip n Fill's, the Shooting Star one. Yeah they just sped it up loads" - being a classic example of ignorance which I've encountered.

Next time, *start laughing hysterically* and say "good one", *Laugh a bit more* after that say "everybody knows its originally a hardcore tune"...
Basicly just make them look stupid :)

Mattikake
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Mattikake has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/10/28 :  11:28:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mattikake's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
It was aimed at peados and pre-pubescent kids - the stupid, the desperate and the uneducated. This is the easiest way to sell this kinda sh!t. Money corrupts.

Sure, if you dont like it, we must all hate it too. Seriously, i dont like most of the pop artists (about 95%), but there ARE very good pop artists too. It's very narrow minded to say things like that from an artist, just cause you dont like it.

Probably 5% are good. 95% is insultingly bad. I'm not cussing them all, but this latest example of sales-engineering is pathetic. I wasn't cussing the "artist" (lol) directly anyway, I was cussing the pop music industry as a whole.

If music was made for pure enjoyment by people who love music, with talent, imagination etc. instead of the sole reason of making money, the pop industry wouldn't exist or certainly nothing like the form we know. It's a moral crime that pop exists at all (preying on adolsecents' pocket money).

Anyway, is it ok for a 13yo to be advertising to other 13yo's that she has s£x and relationships and it's actually a rather cool thing to do, especially considering that the ONLY intention is to make £££? And whether cool or not, s£x under the age of 16 is still against the law...

Old old old-skool

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/10/28 :  12:36:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If music was made for pure enjoyment by people who love music, with talent, imagination etc. instead of the sole reason of making money, the pop industry wouldn't exist or certainly nothing like the form we know. It's a moral crime that pop exists at all (preying on adolsecents' pocket money).

Anyway, is it ok for a 13yo to be advertising to other 13yo's that she has s£x and relationships and it's actually a rather cool thing to do, especially considering that the ONLY intention is to make £££? And whether cool or not, s£x under the age of 16 is still against the law...

A lot of the top producers, that make the music for the Pop singers etc, are actually very talented people.

But yea, the pop music marketing sucks. But it is not the fault of the artists or producers. The big labels are multinational corporations, and they only care for money. They are the ones to blame IMO.

ickle_fairy

United Kingdom
118 posts
Posted - 2004/10/31 :  01:12:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i like tht song!
shes so talented 4 a 13 yr old cmon ow many 13 yr olds can sing like her?!!!

xxxx SiNeAd xxxx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page