Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/11/30 :  01:36:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
i find MP3's to be too inconsistent with quality and volume controls, but i do download quite alot. i only DL stuff i wont buy on vinyl. i figure ive bought enough music in my lifetime, that i can get some for free now.

i full heartedly give my name to this contract and id just like to say something...

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!! kik azz.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/11/30 :  04:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elation:

i find MP3's to be too inconsistent with quality and volume controls, but i do download quite alot. i only DL stuff i wont buy on vinyl. i figure ive bought enough music in my lifetime, that i can get some for free now.

i full heartedly give my name to this contract and id just like to say something...

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!! kik azz.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

idem dito

You can't see me,because i am the future.

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/12/01 :  18:58:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeah i totally get ya raverbaby!! its liek wen u go n buy a cd, its ur very own lil bit of hhc! and that wen u go in2 a shop n buy it, it proves that ppl do still want the music :)

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/12/01 :  23:57:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
HHC is such a small market in the music world, that i feel free MP3's would hurt the growth of it, at least the CD part of it. i mean youve got the huge record companies that will benifit from MP3's like DJ Mouse said. thats cause with the number of ppl downloading say Britany Spears, youll still get thousands of ppl to buy it as well.

so boys and girls...lets buy as much original HHC as possible, so we can keep the scene thriving. koulio.

(:(:4BEAT 4EVER:):)

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/12/02 :  01:01:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage  Reply with quote
I know what you mean... I was at a CD store and I was buying some HHC CD with different songs on it, and i come to the little section of the store and this girl next to me is buying the exact same cd and was wearing UFO pants very similar to mine. It was a moment of zen or something...

Plus when you actually BUY the music it feels like your getting something more... um... real... or something.

Ah well if this didn't make sense to you then please ignore it.

P.S. and even though I own about one HHC record, I use it a lot... so I guess "I pledge to keep using that one record and if I can find any more I'll keep using those too."

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/12/02 :  01:49:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
I think mp3s are an excellent way to find out about new (i mean old but new to me) songs, which is really hard to do in the US if you just got into hardcore recently like I have. Since I spin now, having an mp3 is never good enough. Sure I'll have a good listen to familiarize myself with the track and see if it has lasting value, but I'll always add it to my "look for" list if it tickles me. Since we have like, um, friggin no domestic hhc compilations to choose from really, I don't see how mp3s in any way cheat the artists out of reinmbursement for their work, in fact the opposite is true because of increased vinyl sales. I'm living proof of this, and until we finally get some more compilations out this way, I don't really see how any argument that mp3s gyp artists can have any validity. I have no problem stating that I am pro-mp3, especially when relating to genres of underground dance music, and I vow to continue to purchase vinyl because it makes me happy.
-Lixx

plasma

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2001/12/02 :  11:14:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I dont think mp3s are bad,but if you like what you hear, go buy it. Nick had lotsa good points. I dont think people understand what some of us go through trying to stay ahead of the game. I spend all my money on producing and promoting my music, and I'm getting nowhere.mainly cuz people round here hate hhc, but f**k em. I do what I do because I love the music.It would be nice however,to pay some bills and eat right.I guess my point is, love and support our scene, I'ts all some of us have.

It's ok to be drunk before noon.

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2001/12/02 :  23:02:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i agree with the artists,i understand napster(like companys) takes $$$ out there pockets!
but at the same time it's promoting the sound,alot!i agree with midway
raver about putting a lock where u could not burn the trax!

" Da Symnotic SINIZTA"

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/12/03 :  03:22:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SINIZTA:

putting a lock where u could not burn the trax!

sorry, but that would suck my azz royaly. if im DL'ing MP3's i want to burn em too. thats just me. ill buy alot of stuff i like, but burning is essential.

(:(:4BEAT 4EVER:):)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page