Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 HHardcore visualisations...?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
BazzA
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2002/01/21 :  15:30:34  Show profile Send a private message
hi all - its been many months since I've posted here, I can't believe how many more people there are now... anyway!

I work (very loosely) at my union, helping out with the visuals and sound-to-light stuff. Turns out the resident DJ is well into HHardcore and he's been playing more and more of the stuff which is damn great but I have a slight problem. I use winamp's line-in feature to make the winamp visualisations jump around and generally do their stuff, which is great for chart/dance stuff but all the Visualisation Plug-ins I can find can't handle the HHardcore beat - they just look shite. Anyone got any suggestions?

cheers

BazzA

Its a Shooting Star - go with it...

Alert moderator
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/21 :  15:38:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
Go to www.winamp.com page, click plug-ins, and search for KataFX 2. If you have a fast computer (probably at least 800MHz - 1 GHz) this is the freaking craziest visualization I've ever seen. Less crazy but still cool is Milkdrop.
-Lixx

Alert moderator Go to top of page
aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2002/01/21 :  17:31:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
The first one (Katafx) is really ace, but milkdrop didn't work with my comp.

I had to use my friend's 1.2 GHz to get it to run smoothely, it has niiice fx.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/21 :  19:10:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yes I remember when I was excited to get 2-3 posts in the forums, now it's 100-200 a day!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/01/21 :  23:47:33  Show profile  Send a private message
The geiss plugin always looks nice cause it's incredibly well programmed and is very active and in time the the audio. It can definitely handle hardcore if your computer is fast enough. also if you have problems with the line in theres a screensaver version of geiss that monitors any audio at all on your computer.. no need for a line in plug for winamp, or winamp at all.

either way check it out.

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy

BazzA
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2002/01/22 :  02:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit BazzA's homepage
Thanks for that - I'll have a look for them and see if i can try em out tonight (though its CHEESE night tonight... eugh) and i'll report back :)
The spec shouldn't be a prob either.

BazzA

Its a Shooting Star - go with it...

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page