of 2

Author Thread  
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  00:54:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
I use Logic for all my sequencing duties. However, most of the people I know use Cubase. I started out using cubase, but I tried Logic, and found it a much more creative package to use....Cubase feels too much like a PC, whereas Logic has all that styling going on. It also seems much easier to get anything done in Logic (once you've got it setup for your particular studio).

As for sounds and stuff....you need as basics a sampler and a synthesizer...I started out with an Akai S2000 and a Yamaha CS1x....The CS1x is a great starter synth, although it doesn't have the "bite" of an analogue synth...it does have some great general purpose sounds and pads tho for covering stuff like trance, 2 step as well as HHC. Do not, however, buy an S2000.....the biggest pile of **** sampler I have ever bought....now I'm using Emagic's EXS24, although you really need a low latency soundcard to benefit fully from this....up until recently however, I used the SB Live for sampling duties, its not a bad sampler for the price. I also use loads of VST synths as well for those lead/bass sounds.

A little OT this, but which are the best drivers for the SB Live at teh mo in terms of latency and stability? I heard about some WDM drivers knocking around that were supposed to be good, but then heard some stuff about probs with Win98SE.

Matthew
--------------------------
"Its a Hardcore hit. This is the **** that kicks" - MC Storm

Alert moderator Go to top of page
nrXic

Canada
117 posts
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  08:56:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nrXic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:

A little OT this, but which are the best drivers for the SB Live at teh mo in terms of latency and stability? I heard about some WDM drivers knocking around that were supposed to be good, but then heard some stuff about probs with Win98SE.

Matthew
--------------------------
"Its a Hardcore hit. This is the **** that kicks" - MC Storm

Heya I think that the ASIO SB Live drivers are extremely low latency. But I'm not into the hardware aspect much so you may want to take that with a grain of salt. Sheck it out tho.

Oh as far as BUZZ goes, I can provide some of my songs so people can learn from them and see how I did stuff. Once I get my computer going that is... I gotta back up gigs of stuff and format. :(

www.mp3.com/nrxic

"From the mean streets of Calgary, Alberta, Canada!" - Jericho
http://www.myspace.com/nrxic

phosphor

Canada
44 posts
phosphor is verified hardcore artist phosphor has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/25 :  07:21:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit phosphor's homepage  Reply with quote
just a post for the record... ;)

my setup is basicaly midi sequenced gear (whoop!). Sequcenced by cubase running off a PC (never been a fan of Mac's). Main 2 pecies of gear (that get used in pretty much every track) are the Novation Supernova and E-Mu E4 Platinum sampler. 24 Channel Mackie desk to bring it all together and all recorded down back onto the pc via an Echo Gina24 sound card/box.

Full studio gear list at http://www.djphosphor.com/studio_info.html

I started out doing tracks on a pc using FastTracker and did 'live' sets with a friend who did his stuff off Impulse Tracker. Never was too big of a fan of SoftSynths (gotta love the knobs ;) but Reason is a mighty tasty program ... and even holds it's own when synching up to gear for a live set (if yer into that).

Piles of different setups as ya can see from some of the posts in the thread.. each will give a slightly different flavour of sound .. but yer setup will pretty much be tailored to whatever gear/software you can get yer hands on and what you find best for cranking out yer own ideas =)

Cheerz,

Dan aka phosphor / phaXs

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page