Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Nimrod - "Shine A Light"
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  05:50:25  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
Hi everyone,

I'm not going to re-register as Nick of Nimrod, you know who I am, and what groups we have.....

Firstly, many thanks to each and every person for their support in our new ventures. I know it sounds cheesey, but without that, no dice! And by support, I don't just mean visiting boards and stuff, I mean actually putting hands in pockets and buying the records. We know you can get the tracks for free on the web, but it's that "Being a part of it" thing you only get from actually buying the tracks. Thank you on behalf of every producer/writer/vocalist/MC/engineer/studio owner/graphic artist/dancer/record company..... in this scene...OUR scene.

Also, there'd be no dice without a quick mention of thanks to these guys, in no particular order:

Silver, James and all the HectTech crew, phosphor, justrich, Devastate, Luna C, DJ Storm, the Elation crew, Anabolic, USH.net, DJ Virus, and if I've missed you off this list, my apologies, I'm not very good at remembering stuff sometimes....

So what's the story.....?

NIMROD is here!

Our replacement for Stealth has been launched, with I have to say, one of the best tracks I think I've been a part of. The phosphor mix blew me away when it surfaced, and then Devastates mix arrived, and this is an outstanding 12".

Keep a check on the HectTech website for release dates.

http://www.hecttechrecords.co.uk

For previews and a small homepage for NIMROD, (There's lots of new pics coming soon) go here:

http://www.midexproductions.com/nimrod.htm

We'll be having all the acts under one page very soon, to make updates easier, so if you're looking for Blaze!, Nimrod, Bang! or Stealth, keep an eye out for the one stop OFFICIAL homepage.

Overall, the scene seems to be picking up very nicely. There's some great new material coming out, some of it I've been privvy to, (look out for KFA, there's some seriously spanking stuff coming from them soon!)

LIVE PERFORMANCE !!!!!

As you know, we rarely PA, but we are on March 16th at Elation. We'll be performing with Jo James (calm down guys!) THE hardcore vocalist, our new material including Shine a light, 'Til The Day, and a brand new track, the next Blaze! release........

Ha... you'll have to wait! Even for the title ;)

But it's a real exclusive. No one else has heard it, except phosphor (its his mix), Silver, and us here at Midex....

We'll also be videoing this performance for future use... so if you miss the PA, don't worry, you can catch it later.

But get there if u can!

As adownside to this performance, we were hoping to perform a couple of old Bang! tracks like Shooting Star and Break Of Dawn. Unfortunately, although we're allowed to do so, Next Generation have asked that we don't. It's a pity, but never mind, the last thing we need is to dampen the great vibe we have at the moment so we're going to respect their wishes this time. PLEASE don't blame us for not performing any of our old tracks.

We are however looking for a promoter to stage a "Bang!/Blaze! Hardcore Party" where we're looking at 4 half hour sets throughout the night, playing our entire catalogue, and a whole host of top DJ's. If your a serious promoter, and reckon you could get this going, let us know.

Finally, the CD single debate rages on,
just a quick note to say that CD singles will NEVER replace vinyl, we want to release them to accompany vinyl. Also, we're looking at putting the Elation performance on a CD single as well as the mixes in full CD quality. We obviously can't do that with vinyl, but let us know what you think.

Would you like a CD Single of SAL for instance, with the Elation performance and the mixes included on it?

Feedback on all this info here would be great!

Best wishes to you all, and I hope you enjoy the new track.

Nick

Nimrod

Alert moderator
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  06:03:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I'm the most ardent supporter of CD Singles in the scene today ( yay me, heh ) so I'm guessing my opinion is self-evident?

Bascially it comes down to what Nick said, I don't think CD Singles should replace vinyl, they can co-exist. Some people prefer vinyl, some people prefer CDs. More to the point some people don't HAVE record decks, out of all my m8s who like hardcore, I'm the only one with a record player or ANY hardcore vinyl! Oddly enough they all have hardcore compilation CDs, and some of the few CD Singles that have been released over the years.

So... would I guy a CD Single release of 'Til the Day, Shine a Light etc? Yep!

Would I buy one w/ the Elation performance on, as an audio or video track ( or both )? Yep!

Would everyone I know do the same? Yep!

'Nuff 'said

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  06:56:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
Yeah... i cant wait to see the performance as i dont think i can make it down to elation... :/

What about Selling a VCD Version of the video.. along with the cd quality Audio CD. You can get 74/80/90 mins depending on the CD type used...

its not a 'massive' drop in quality.. but you can play them on DVD and pc.. and id be certain to get one :)

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  07:32:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Yeah CD's are good but finally people are starting to listen to me with CD's you can have other things on, experimental things so that you can see say if a future track your planning on releasing is gonna be a hit by releasing it an early version of the song on one of your CD singles and then you can maybe get some feedback before you press it to vinyl. I'd deffinatly buy pretty much any HHC CD that comes out.

Sy.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  11:07:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
"What about Selling a VCD Version of the video.. along with the cd quality Audio CD."

That's a nice idea, u could also do a normal CD Audio single but w/ a data track ( called CD Extra ) which would have video for use on a PC.

It's nice to see that after 2 years of whining, bitching and reasoning ( in order of frequency employed, lol ) there might actually be something to show for it, heh.

D.Jay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/25 :  12:59:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Actually while it's early in the thread, and Nick might be reading, it'd be nice to have the complete lyrics to both 'Til the Day and Shine a Light. The ones on the respective websites are not complete!

D.Jay

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/02/26 :  01:18:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Although i've never seen a commercial release like it maybe you should try a DIVX release.. which means heaps (shitloads) better video and sound all into one cd.. vcd sucks.

Theres possibly a good reason why no one is doing this already.. (like not being able to view divx in standalone vcd players).. but still its a great technology.

oh well just a thought.

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/02/26 :  02:36:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
OK...well that's great. Some extremely constructive comments there.

This is nothing new to me though. I know it's been a long time coming, and really, the scene should have been doing this years ago. With the introduction of CD burning software being able to have audio and data on a cd (in that order), it's allowed us to experiment.

We had a Bang! PA a long time ago on video, and I wanted to have that on a cd, but no one was interested. Now we're doing this ourselves, with some very innovative and "listening" record companies, we're full steam ahead.

As for the quality of the Vid, well, Chris, my writing/Blaze! partner is in charge of that. He's been researching tirelessly the best formats.

VCD is probably the very best option, not for quality, but for compatibility. Pretty much all computers and many stand alone dvd's can play VCD. We are toying with S-VCD, and DivX but for the moment, to save loads of people having to install new players, codecs and software, VCD is favourite.

Also, because they're quite small, we'll probably include Windows Media format, QuickTime, and RealMedia formats so at least if all else fails, you'll see something!

As for timing, we reckon we'd get all this and three mixes in CD quality on a single standard CD. We couldn't really do two seperate CD's, (one with video & audio, and one with just audio), mainly because of production costs.

OK keep the feedback coming.... there's one bonus thing we're thinking of doing if there's room on the CD, and thats to include the bare vocals to the tracks so everyone can have a go at their own remixes. We already do this at the Vocal Factory our interactive website, but we reckon it would be great to have other mixes of our main releases. We may even commission one for release if it's THAT good.

Providing someone doesn't do anything really silly like do a mix and put it out themselves on the sly, that might be an ongoing thing.

That's gonna set this thread alight isnt it! ;)

Finally, Lyrics....

Listening to the tracks I think the only lyric missing is the ad libs at the end of TTD, anyhoo...here ya go:

http://www.midexproductions.com/lyrics/tiltheday.htm

http://www.midexproductions.com/lyrics/shinealight.htm

Thanks very much for your constructive comments, we'll do our very best for the scene and lead the way. If it all goes tits up.....ack, nothing ventured nothing gained!

Cheers

Nick

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/26 :  16:48:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
First off, nice1 w/ the adlibs on 'Til the Day, I was a bit off :/

BUT w/ Shine a Light, I think I have it sussed, and I'm thinkin' the lyrics go:
( I blame any inaccuracies on the sound quality, heh )

( chorus )
- as posted

( verse )

Shine a Light, let me show you today
How to live your life in a different way
and I won't let you down, baby, turn you around
and give you a whole new game to play

Shine a Light let me show you the way
I'm gonna be with you every day
Keep you all to myself, ( through / till ) the end of time
and Follow you 'til the day I die...

Always be there

Yea.......

I won't let you down, I'm gonna be around

Do I get a prize? ;)

D.Jay

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  04:17:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
DOH!

What a donut...

yup I stand corrected.... quite right... shame on me...

Thats what you get for trying to remember them off the top of your head...

I blame the pound, state of the country, Anne widdecombe... (mmmmmmmm anne widdecombe....fumble fumble)

Credit where credits due, I'll rewrite the page and give you a mention....cheers bud!

Nick

At the employment centre!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  04:30:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Ahh he gets me in a good mood thinking of a donut then ruins the lovely thought by mentioning Anne Widdecombe. Blah!!!!

Sy.

Edited by - Simon on 2002/02/27 04:31:54
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  10:05:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
"(mmmmmmmm anne widdecombe....fumble fumble)"

I can't decide, whether to sue, or splash out on the best mental care money can buy, for Nick Arnold. On one hand I'm feeling violated for such terrible throughts placed in my head, but on the other I'm wondering what it would be like to HAVE such disturbed thoughts of my own accord! Heh.

Which is it BTW, Through or Til?

Cheers BTW :)

D.Jay

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  15:04:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
quote:
Although i've never seen a commercial release like it maybe you should try a DIVX release.. which means heaps (shitloads) better video and sound all into one cd.. vcd sucks.

Yeah of course divx is good.. but you can slap VCD in a DVD player.. where as you cant divx

keep up the good work
im awaiting this cd

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  17:47:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
There is an edit facility, just press edit message :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  18:47:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I've edited this message, since it's entirely pointless now I've noticed that Nick has updated the lyrics, hehe.

*restrains from calling Silver a smart-ass* ;)

D.Jay

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/02/28 :  14:22:45  Show profile  Send a private message
i just listened to the audio sample and i must say that both of those tunes are totally BANGING!! i shall get myself a copy on vinyl soon :)

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse - "Winning a war doesn't determine who's right.... winning determines who's left"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page