Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Adding Events - Guidelines
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/03/18 :  14:11:58  Show profile Send a private message
I hope Silver is ok with me posting this as we don't seem to have any guidelines for people posting events at the moment, and I just think it would help the whole process.

All the event mods on this site do this job for free, and it can take up quite a bit of time so I just thought I would post a few guidelines to help speed up the process. As mods we have to edit all the events so that they fit in with these guidelines so they are compatible with the system. If you follow these guidelines when submitting it will make the process alot smoother.

• How to add / Where to add? (added by silver)
    Click "add event" from the top drop down menu. From here select the date of the event and press "add event" to that day, from here you select the country and the region of the event.

• Information (add by Underloop 08/07/2006)
    Please provide as much information as posible. At the very minimum we need a venue (don't forget to state which town/county/state its in!!!), a date and a line up! Other useful info such as price, times, admission policy etc should be provided if its available. Basically as much info as you can provided. Submissions that just say something along the lines of "hardcore and hard dance all night" or "usual stuff going on" and nothing else will be deleted - the submission is the event's advert here on happyhardcore, so sell the event!

• Flyers
    By all means add graphic scans of the flyers for the event. These can't be included in the main event posting, but I know that I always copy them over to the forum thread. Not sure what the other mods do though

• Flyers 2
    Although it is ok to post flyers in the event details, these should ALWAYS be supported by a text version of the event details. The reasons for this are 2 fold. Firstly the event system doesn't support images so taking them out leaves the event details empty, and secondly you can't search an image, so if somebody is looking for an event with Hixxy playing your event won't come up.

When we as mods get an event with nothing but a graphic we have a choice to either type the event details in manually which takes time, or to hit the delete button and ask you to resubmit.

• One thing which alot of people don't know about is the Artist button. This adds a link in the event details to the Artist's profile, and it looks like this . When you click on this button it brinks up the artist directory and by clicking on the "Add" button it will insert the artist's name along with the link code to the bottom of your event description. This is posibly one of the most time consuming aspects of editing events, but is alot faster when your creating the event from scratch, so if you cover this when submitting it will save a helluvalotta time! :-)

• Event titles should include only the name of the event. Nothing else should be included.

eg. "HTID 107" is fine, but "HTID 107 5th March 2050" or "HTID Live in Afghanistan" isn't.

• Whilst on Event titles - normal Title case letters only please. ALL CAPS WILL BE EDITED. Obviously something like HTID is fine, but HARDCORE TILL I DIE will only be edited to Hardcore Til I Die

• Please include as much information in your description as possible. Essential stuff would be location, date, price, line up, dress code if there is one and any other stuff which may be useful

• Sometimes somebody has already posted the event up, so check first before putting yourself to the hassle of typing it all in for it only to be deleted

• Tags (added by Underloop 24/03/06)
    At the moment all tags get converted to their html equivalents before we get them which then have to be edited out. So until a workaround for this can be implemented then I'd advise not using any tags. If you want to insert a link then just type it in in full including the http bit, ie: http://www.happyhardcore.com .

Rather than putting room titles (ie within the description, NOT the event title) in bold I tend to make them caps, and to emphasise stuff, rather than bold/italic I usually surround it by asterixes *like so*

• Re-submitting events (added by Underloop 24/03/06)
    It often takes time to get through all the events submitted. Someone has to actually read through and make any edits necessary. If your event isn't up live on the site after a few days don't resubmit. Instead, after, say a week, if theres still nothing up on the site then simply drop one of the event mods a PM with the event title and date, and also the date you submitted and we'll look into it for you. Not sure how the other mods work, but if an event gets deleted rather than approved I will always PM the submitter with the reason why (usually only due to somebody else submitting the same event)

• Spelling, grammar etc (added by Underloop 28/04/06)
    The spelling and grammar in Event posts should be correct. One of the main culprits is people submitting their posts in all small letters, or with the first letter of every word capitalised. Sentences should be ideally in sentence case (ie the first letter of the sentence capitalised). If you want to make a particular sentence stand out then capitalise the whole sentence. Also, spelling! Spend a bit of time checking the spelling. Remember, these listings are an advert for you as well as the event.

• DJ listings (added by Underloop 28/04/06)
    DJs playing should be listed one under the other unless you have some fancy formatting. Listing all the DJs on one line makes it hard to read. Also, don't forget the Artist button when adding your listings! ;-)

OK, thats all I can think of for now, but if any of the other mods have anything I've missed out then please add them.

If you try and follow these guidelines then it will hopefully help speed up the event submission/moderation process and enable us to spend less time editing events and mroe time digging out more new events to add in to the directory.

Mucho Gracias Amigos!

Alert moderator

Edited by - Underloop on 2006/07/08 14:58:42
Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Hardcore4eva has donated money to the site Hardcore4eva has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/03/24 :  08:07:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage
Just so this topic aint alone any longer, i will post for ur Underloop! lol

Nice Topic

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/03/24 :  08:27:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Cheers Hardcore4Eva Mike!!!

Edited by - Underloop on 2006/03/24 09:45:11
Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Hardcore4eva has donated money to the site Hardcore4eva has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/03/24 :  08:43:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage
The names Mike,

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2006/03/24 :  08:44:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
It would be good to know, what tag's can be used? You sayd Img is not good, but what about Italics, Bold and Hyperlinks?

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/03/24 :  09:46:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
It would be good to know, what tag's can be used? You sayd Img is not good, but what about Italics, Bold and Hyperlinks?

Cheers Whispering - section added

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/04/28 :  21:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
A couple more sections added.

Silver, any chance of getting a link to this from the event adding page?

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/05/29 :  11:25:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Guys, please, when adding events, if you want to include an image of the flyer do (and I will then copy it over to the forum topic), but THIS NEEDS TO BE SUPPORTED BY TEXT! Otherwise I have to start typing it out by hand which I just don't have the time to do these days! Events which get added with just an image of a flyer will always get left till last to get validated ie until I can find the time to write them all out.

Also, if you can use the Artist button to add your line up then I will love you forever. I know it adds time to your additions, but, if it say takes an extra 10 minutes for you to add it yourself, and I get 6 events to do this to, its an hour for me.

Cheers!

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/05/29 :  23:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message
Sorry mate, i found the "add artist" button was not working when i tried to add event

FriedRice
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
FriedRice has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/05/30 :  12:53:42  Show profile  Send a private message
HTID is going to afganistan?
Send rankin to head the lineup, hopefully he'll be shot :P
And losty can tag along as his MC lol

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/05/30 :  13:37:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ihaveduff:
Sorry mate, i found the "add artist" button was not working when i tried to add event

It doesn't work in Firefox I know that, but it should in IE

In Firefox the workaround I use is to get up the artist list and then manually type in [ART=xxx]Name[/ART] where xxx is the artist code I get by hovering over the artist in the artist list

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/05/31 :  03:40:52  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:
Originally posted by ihaveduff:

It doesn't work in Firefox I know that, but it should in IE

In Firefox the workaround I use is to get up the artist list and then manually type in [ART=xxx]Name[/ART] where xxx is the artist code I get by hovering over the artist in the artist list

ahhhh cheers... i forget i'm using firefox most of the time

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/10/05 :  19:24:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Guys, please, please, please when submitting events don't just stick an image of the flyer in and submit it.

The event system doesn't support images, so any flyers that come in either have to be typed out by an event mod by hand, which is incredibly time consuming when you get 3-4 a day being submitted, or it will be deleted and the original poster asked to re-submit.

If you want to include an flyer then please do, but WE NEED A TEXT VERSION TOO!

Thanks

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/03/10 :  12:33:39  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
Guys, please, please, please when submitting events don't just stick an image of the flyer in and submit it.

The event system doesn't support images, so any flyers that come in either have to be typed out by an event mod by hand, which is incredibly time consuming when you get 3-4 a day being submitted, or it will be deleted and the original poster asked to re-submit.

If you want to include an flyer then please do, but WE NEED A TEXT VERSION TOO!

Thanks

sounds quite reasonable to me!

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2019/03/02 :  13:25:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage
Burger and Chips.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page