Freeform????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/03/14 :  19:31:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ummmm ok howbout we just call it what all the UK producers call it...HARDCORE.
and for the record trancecore is it's origonal name, not free form.

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  00:18:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Trancecore was the original name but freeform is now the proper one. Yes, it's all just hardcore (<- great track btw) but if we're gonna pigeonhole sounds we might as well do it right.
-Lixx

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  04:18:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
Here in Oz (well, Sydney anyways) it's hard to just say 'hardcore' and expect people to know what you mean. Some people use it to refer to HHC, some take is as meaning both of the non-gabber hardcore genres, and yet for others it is synonymous with gabber and only gabber. It's just practical that we do as Lixx says and pigeonhole the styles properly.

- speccedninja
===============
Don't dream it's over

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  16:47:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I dont find anything wrong with the name freeform. Problem with freeform is you cant give it a name like hard house or trancecore cause nothing can pidgeon hole it. trancecore is the wrong name for it indeed, now that toytrance has ruined the "trance" name anyways.

if i had to suggest a different name than freeform i'd go with something like chaoscore ("chaotic/end of the world" being the feeling most freeform tends to give me)

yes i know its pretty lame but yeah erm,.....

um.. *looks around* ...
heh... bye

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

happykandykid
Starting Member

United States
18 posts
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  17:52:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i love freeform. i t's someting that you just dont see everyday.... and it's an awesome break from the "typical" types of music... you can do whatever you want with it. my friend just mixed an awesome set and it's sooooo awesome...

~*~come take my hand and lead me to the land where dreams come true for me and you in a magical wonder land.. oh in your dreams is where i long to be feel the sun it's a merry go round were you live your fantasy~*~

~*~come take my hand and lead me to the land where dreams come true for me and you in a magical wonder land.. oh in your dreams is where i long to be feel the sun it's a merry go round were you live your fantasy~*~

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  19:48:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage  Reply with quote
i still think it's wierd that Kaos did freeform .

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/03/17 :  18:08:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ok Go Mental Dark is not Trancecore, is a slitly updated version of Oldskool Rotterdamn!!! Ppl Just think it's Trancecore caus it's a part of the Nu Energy colective. Kaos and Dj Energy just thought they should get into a different kinduv hardcore. Thats y GMRD2 is an Omen track. Caus The Omen is an Oldskool rotterdam producer/dj.

And Blaten Beets isn't Trancecore Either, it cheescore. I'meen c'mon everybody know's that, just look at "flowers need the rain", and "see me climb", they were both reliesed on Blaten beet's.

WoRd?!!

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  10:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
kaos has been doing freeform for a while under the Jonny 'go go' alias.

sk8 : just cuz a label's a part of the Nu Energy collective, it doesn't mean that label produces freeform. Whether or not YOU would consider Go Mental Dark to be a freeform label, it *is* a label that will catch freeform djs' attention. And i can certainly think of tracks on labels like Stompin Choonz which sound LESS like trancecore than the Omen rip of Tubular Bells on Go Mental Dark 02. (Tekno Chant, for example)

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  13:56:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-SK8:
Ok Go Mental Dark is not Trancecore, is a slitly updated version of Oldskool Rotterdamn!!! Ppl Just think it's Trancecore caus it's a part of the Nu Energy colective. Kaos and Dj Energy just thought they should get into a different kinduv hardcore. Thats y GMRD2 is an Omen track. Caus The Omen is an Oldskool rotterdam producer/dj.

You're right that Go Mental Dark isn't really freeform, more just like dark hardcore, but I find it works better in a freeform set rather than a cheesy or trancier set. The Omen is not the same guy as the dutch producer, cause Bust It on GMRD2 is just a faster mix of the Bust It Like This on Wax Trax done by Jonny Blaze (I'm guessing Kaos) and Jon Doe that came out a month back.
-Lixx

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  16:16:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
Lixx : from what i've heard, it's unlikely that Jon Doe was involved in Go Mental Dark 02... apparently he was knocking hardcore on USH a while back. But it WOULD be interesting if it was in fact him that teamed up with Kaos to do that Wax Traxx one

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  16:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Well my main point was that The Omen wasn't the same guy as the dutch producer of the same / similar name, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to just ask around. Does anyone have that record yet? Because sometimes they'll put the artist's real name on it or something like "T. Smith" and it's easy enough to figure out who made the track. Probably don't have it on the promos though. Damnit, enough contradicting myself I'll just email Kaos myself.
-Lixx

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  02:01:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
I have it.. it is Kaos.. :D
surley you could tell by the evil dark n hard bside

"ENERGISE"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  14:21:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant:
kaos has been doing freeform for a while under the Jonny 'go go' alias.

sk8 : just cuz a label's a part of the Nu Energy collective, it doesn't mean that label produces freeform. Whether or not YOU would consider Go Mental Dark to be a freeform label, it *is* a label that will catch freeform djs' attention. And i can certainly think of tracks on labels like Stompin Choonz which sound LESS like trancecore than the Omen rip of Tubular Bells on Go Mental Dark 02. (Tekno Chant, for example)

Ok that was my hole point is that just because it's part of the nu energy colective doesn't mean it's Trancecore.
Ppl just think it is because Nu Energy is a Trancecore label, so acording to ppl who don't know shit, the hole colective must be trancecore.

P.S. Hey anybody els notice the amount of aguments that have been started over this thred???

WoRd?!!

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  15:47:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage  Reply with quote
actually i have noticed and have decided to stay out of it. I say we all just leave it at : Freeform is different to everybody. Sound good?????

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/20 :  02:02:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-SK8:
P.S. Hey anybody els notice the amount of aguments that have been started over this thred???

None. We've had some informative discussions though
-Lixx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page