Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 my experiment ??? (interested)
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  11:44:13  Show profile Send a private message
i know it may seem im posting on here a bit too frequently but what the hell i aint got nothing else to do really on the weeknights
ive been doing this for quite a while now and its quite amazingly funny.
i go on to other forums that are nothing to do with happyhardcore and i try and get those people to listen to happyhardcore or at least download an mp3 of a happyhardcore song to try it(sorry silver i know u dont like that sort of thing)
and i have turned a lot of people into happyhardcoreists (as if thats a word?)
but its amazing the amount of slagging off i and happyhardcore music gets on these other sites mainly from goths and greebos who wouldnt know proper music if it bit em in the ass!!!!
they havent even listened to it
at least ive (been forced to) listen to their music i mean its on the telly all the while now and they got the cheek to slag off our music
WTF is their music about?
im hardcore to the bone
their only listening to that music and dressing like they do because its a fad
i mean ask half of them how long theyve been into their music
and i bet they say "since yesterday my mate said it was gud so of corse i followed her"
and whereas half of us ravers have been listening to hhc since we were 10
i know i hAVE.
keep the hardcore ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks 4 reading and try it try posting messages about hhc on other message boards
GOD I DO WAFFLE ON A BIT, I'LL PUT BIRDSEYE OUT OF BUSINESS!!.

HARDCORE MUSIC COMING ON STRONG
HARDCORE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  11:53:48  Show profile  Send a private message
maybe gothic kids don't want you pushing them to listen to hardcore. i am friends w/ many goth kids, for the most part they are a lot more independent thinking than most of the e tarded kids that listen to hhc in the states.

and goth music isn't that bad. i happen to enjoy listening to the occasional skinny puppy cd, lot better than trance imo =P

what makes you think raving isn't a fad?

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  12:06:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
i know what you mean, people should listen to happy hardcore, the people who do live longer than goths, if you know what i mean

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!! uh oh big wave!!!

DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  12:16:15  Show profile  Send a private message
yeh robbie jay
and brian of course raving aint a fad first its underground which instantly makes it less if not at all a fad plus its been going way longer than this new goth sh** !!! which has just come out and oh look at all the fans already it s a fad theyve been brainwashed who would lidten to that sh** f***** freaks.
actually what the f*** does fad actually mean and i want a detailed deffinition.

HARDCORE MUSIC COMING ON STRONG
HARDCORE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  12:21:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
quote:
turned a lot of people into happyhardcoreists (as if thats a word?)

Naaaaaaah.. Ravers init
noone else "raves".. garage ****s dont rave, dnb.. exception they do rave...

but Rave is and should be a word associated with hardcore.. unless anyone wants to argue with me :) (which means im wrong)

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  12:44:57  Show profile  Send a private message
I dunno i ask sum grebs at our skool n there i dea of hardcore is BANG BANG BANG........I LOVE U lyrix n then BANG BANG BANG agen:( n what do i see "death metal" shouting stuff @ me....some stuk up punk kids whining:(......boput stupid stuff...most ravers rnt rich n i am no exception i think this is important because we try n av a good time by doing anythink n raves / happy hardcore is a way to get away from trubbles n too cheer us up, posh kids have nuffink really to moan about n r spoitl soi they make whining music, with whiny punk lyrix imo , feel free to slag me off..i agree " i ve been raving from teh crack of dawn , ive been dancing from teh day i was born, i'll keep raving till the day i die, hardcore raver i tell u no lie"

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  16:07:24  Show profile  Send a private message
Well Hardcore is my most favourite music of all. But i don't listen to strictly that...there are soo many different varrieties of music out there!! Y limit yourself to only one? Different people experience life differently and can relate to different sounds and lyrics. Everyone one is entitled to their own opinion.
I love my hardcore, but i listen to a lot of idustrial, darkwave, punk, classical, opera, and all other forms of hardcore...I dabble in whatever i can get my hands on.
This is sort of off topic but i noticed most places around the world the rave scene is really segemented. Like u have parties that are all hardcore, or all drum n bass, all trance...etc. they all form their own little 'scenes'.
Here in Winnipeg we don't have that. In one night i can hear trance, house, techno, drum n bass, garage and hardcore etc...all at the same party. I like having that variety.
SO My question is, what's the cause of this? Why is the rave scene so segemented in all these other places?

-----------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  19:10:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
Dreamscape, Brian was just maing a point , let's not turn this into a personalized prejuisdice views topic

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/11 :  19:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message
Don Giovanni: wish i could answer your question but obviously you know why i can't! ;) (to everyone else.... i'm from winnipeg as well, and we're good friends)

I've only been raving, for a couple of years, and only listening to the music for... well not much more than that really!

The first rave i went to, was also Don Giovanni's.. and we went with a mutual friend of ours. He'd been raving for quite a while actually! but that was nearly the last party he attended. His claims of the scene having changed etc...

there are a few goths out there, who are out there and unique unto themselves (funnily most of them are probably the less obviously visual ones)... same with punks... same with ravers....

i think for all us hardcore loving ravers.. we have a higher percentage of people involved in the scene because it's what we love, and trends mean nothing to us...
but like anything... i have for example, seen certain people at raves before that i knew from previous schools or other places... and frankly you can simply tell that some are there for the trend, their there BECAUSE it's underground and they think it makes them cool.. that or cuz they figure they'll find alota drugs, lol....
Sadly i think that's what my friend was begining to sense when he left the scene....
at least locally i think that's already begun to fade, and it's back to a more authentic community..... but the fad followers will always be there...

the only thing you can do about it imho, is stay true to yourself!! love hardcore for what it is!! don't keep going to parties if you dont' find them fun anymore, stay true to yourself!
(that especially goes to all you out there reading this, who are partying because you think it'll make you cool... cuz it really won't, that's not the way it works)

anyhoo... *shrugs*
i do think it's good to expose more ppl dreamscape, salute :)
way i figure it, if you expose them to it, don't push them in any direction.. if they like it.. they'll talk to you, see what else they should buy, or download, what event they should attend to hear more...
and you'll have yourself an authentic raver on your hands :)
if they don't... *shrugs* it's certainly not for everyone ;)

but crikey! it's for me! :)))))

Potatoe

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/12 :  07:35:03  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah but i was just saying, to some people, raving is a fad. they are just showing up to take drugs and not really give a shit about the scene or the music.

i can't wait for most of these ******** people to leave the scene and for it to go back underground but i really don't see that happening.

i really didn't feel that being goth really was popular, but then again i live in farm country so =P
raving is being commercialized by promoters. look at any fliers around here from 94-96 and you won't see any bs lineups. now a days they have these elabriate poster sized fliers were you can go to a party to pay $30 to see some jack@ss dj who will play for 10 minutes and then count his/her money.

this was of course back before plur was even mentioned. people just respected you for who you were, you didn't have to go around saying some poplular phrase. i still cringe everytime i hear someone say plur, because we all know, everytime some one says plur - god kills a kitten =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/12 :  08:27:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Yeah HHC is the best but believe me don't listen to goth music noooooooooooooo.

Sy.

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/12 :  10:33:37  Show profile  Send a private message
ROFLOL
brian k.. great post :)

yeah... i really respect the... idea behind what plur is sposeda stand for
(i'm a big hippie at heart)

but can't people just be good, and friendly without a catchphrase to justify it?

Potatoe

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/12 :  10:46:37  Show profile  Send a private message
I think the problem with PLUR is people just throw it around every to seconds and think that makes them somesort of godsaint or something, and that life is better cause they say it.

The idea behind it is great, and follows basic good morals i'd say...something that you shouldn't just apply in the scene but maybe acctually live out in life...
But ya, the way it is often uses sort of makes it pathetic and even hypocritical at times. i agree

'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page