Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Sound Blaster Live! Drivers
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  17:35:12  Show profile Send a private message
Ok one or two people asked the question, heres the info:

It all started with the apslive package that used hacked EMU APS (Audio Production Studio) Drivers on the Live Series. This was for windows 98se and gave you about 8-15ms latency.

This was fine but if you had win2k you were stuffed.

Then came the Audigy WDM uda (Uinified driver architecture) beta drivers.. leaked just before the audigy made it to shelves. (the curretn audigy drivers wont install on live, they removed the uda part)
These you could use on any emu10k card (except emu aps) which meant all lives could now get ASIO. Problem was they were 75mb because they had all the creative software included (later riped to 13mb)

These drivers are still around.. they give you up to 2ms latency (5ms works fine for me.. no clicks.. but 7 is what i keep it at).

One drawback, apart from being huge and buggy, there is no asio input. (most people can do without it anyways)

Enter kX Project: http://www.kxproject.com
These drivers are unofficial but also opensource (?? as far as i can tell)
Developed by a group of people sick of creatives neglect for their production quality cards.
The drivers started out sh*t, really buggy, clicking, slow etc
but recently they have become more stable

If you cant find the audigy beta drivers grab these (they are tiny and free)
I have just moved over to these, from audigy beta, because they offer more stuff than the audigy drivers did, and eventually will become 10x better

Things kX gives you that audigy beta doesnt:
-the ability to output to front and rear channels seperately
-extra effects and the ability to make your own
-better sound quality by swapping the rear and fron channels (rear channel has a better, and less noisy, DAC (digital to analog converter))
-theres more but my brain isnt working

Anyways check out the kX drivers...

If you really want to check out audigy beta let me know, but trust me.. as of the last release of kX, you arent missing anything anymore.

kX will continue to get better.. creative have shown time and time again they dont give a f**k about their older cards (audigy could be so much better if they made decent drivers)

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

Alert moderator

Edited by - Lusive on 2002/03/22 03:06:17

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page