ARE DRUGS BAD?????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 29

Author Thread  
qconnects

Canada
32 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  12:18:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
MDMA was once used by psychiatrists as a method of allowing their patients to open up and express their feelings. In itself, there are very few detrimental effects that are long lasting, one of the worst probably being damage to teeth and gums from gurning ;)
But seriously, MDMA in itself is not all /that/ bad, what is bad are the things cut into pills - meth, K etc etc. It all comes down to a few things, 1) Do you trust the person giving you the pill? 2) Are you in a safe environment should things take a turn for the worst 3) Is anone around able to help you should you need it and 4) Is your body prepared (eg: not tired, fed and watered etc)

If these things are all checked, the high should be fine and you'll have a great time. Use in moderation and rave safe! You don't need to be bombed each time you go out, you know!

lastly, only use drugs of any sort if /you/ want to, not cuz your freinds tell you too! :P Many people I know don't do drugs and I respect that, they have fun I have fun and no one gets hurt.

Funnnnky...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  12:26:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
well said

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  15:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it was also used by marriage counselors

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

luckEanjel

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  17:02:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think the choice to do drugs or not to do drugs is a personal decision and you shouldnt let your friends influence your decision... take the information you know about XTC, LSD, K, etc. and choose for your self wether the consequences are worth the high. I think Soren has some really good points.... far more deaths are caused directly by cigarettes and alcohol, then directly by XTC. I think if taken in moderation drugs can inhance your senses and make a situation more enjoyable. When I first started raving, which was about 2 yrs ago, the best part about a rave (to ma anyway) was the drugs, but I realized I was ****ing up my life b.c I ditched a lot of my responsibilities. Now dont get me wrong I didnt go and get completely hammered... I actually dont like getting completly hammered... I love hyper highs that make you want to dance! So, any who I decided to lay off the drugs and actually experience a rave w/o the drugs, and it was phenomenal. I had the best time of my life.... and the only substance I was under the influence of was a little red bull. I loved it...
not trying to influence your decision but you should try raving w/o the drugs, its awesome. And you dont feel like crap the next day.

Dont go through life being a pretty bitch... god will send you back nice and ugly! hehe

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  19:21:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
well said by everyone but still up there... the elders are shaking there heads at us
juat have fun while you can RaveON!

"what goes up must come down"... so keep popin!

WEBA D

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  21:30:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Are drugs bad = yes, very bad... they **** you up in more ways than you can think

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  22:59:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
but theres alot worse shit ya can take like tobaco and alcohole. well actually they are drugs too.

but they are legal.

scattered rat

Australia
28 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  23:13:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
all drugs r poisons, medical, legal n illegal, natural n synthetic, but wen taken in small amounts n safely they can have extraordinary effects to a person. Remember dat they r a poison, so they have side effects, dat if ur not careful can cause permanent damage.

others have said dat its d stuff dat is put with xtc is wat is harmful, n make sure u trust them... how do u trust them?? "oh his the good drug dealer!..."

i respect dat some people r very against drugs, but i believe dat if d person doesnt hurt themselves or anyone else and is responsible 4 dere actions, knows wat they r doin to the extent dat they r not addicted. Why cant they enjoy it??

da only way to able to trust wat is put into the drugs is to make it legal! wats wrong with it being legal? it can b safer, more controled. it will lower crime. create legal bussiness, n the government can tax it like they do 2 everything else n make money!! Y not cigarettes n alcohol r legal.

a drunkin person can become violent and abuse.. have u seen any one on xtc violent?? da same with pot??

n cigarettes, i cant stand them, they smell n make me cough n sneeze, n do as much damage to the person smoking as they do 2 people around them.. n we have 2 put up with them... so wats up with a bit of xtc??

---------------------------
"We r the muzik makers, the dreamers of dreams" - Willy Wonka

scattered rat

Australia
28 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  23:28:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
PS
if u think dat makin then legal will create more problems, such as overdose's, kids havin access, n bring them in as part of society.. think again..
they r already there, all these problems exist... stop ignoring them n try control them..
tellin everyone to stop n dont hav them isn't goin to work, as people have been takin drugs since the dawn of human society we have to stop pretending dat dere evil....

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown" -H.P. Lovecraft

PSS sorry i got a bit carried away.. watch da american movie "Grass"...

---------------------------
"We r the muzik makers, the dreamers of dreams" - Willy Wonka

2002patriot
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:36:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Thanks syco for backin me up a wee bit,i new that there ad to b other ravers out there who pop alot.just got to find them.
anyway,all drugs are is a little pressie from god to say thnk you to the work we do.its all good to ave a little of a bad thing,after all we only live once dont we, so live it to da MAX.

Were kickin wid my bass bass
kick wid my rhyme
were on a rollercoster ride
dont get left behind

quality

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  03:13:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
hehe its still makes me laff reading tempests post.

how clueless can 1 person be.

lol

Strobe
Starting Member

Australia
10 posts
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  02:09:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
drugs are extreamly bad for you- have you ever noticed that you get sick if you take them 2 weekends in a row?? you putting some random chemical into you body that not that many people know much about apart from that it ****s you up and makes you feel happy. i love them but i know there bad for me- its like chocolet. i know its bad for me but i still eat it. its going to funny to watch us when we get old. were all going to take out little serotonin depleation taplets cause we used to take em. but seriously i really wouldnt care cause your only young once. and if you dont like it this time there no going back. so there bad but there good cause there fun

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  03:42:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage  Reply with quote
Drugs are bad.. they've always been bad.. and from my personal expierence... i've noticed the only people who still defend the use of them are the people who still actually use them...you can say what you want to make the damage *look and feel* like it's not there.. but it's there, you may not notice it just yet.. but it'll come back to kick you in the ass in about a year or two, or 5...whatever it is...it will show up in your future, and it probably won't be a fun expierence... just wait..you'll see.

Whew! Jaide's in a bitchy mood this morning!

*****The DJ Formerly Known as AcidBunE*****
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis
*Fully representing the Underground*
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Hit me up on AIM anytime: Jaide0123

MusicTech
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  08:13:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
YOU CAN GIVE A BIG HANDSHAKE TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE US FOR THE GOVERNMENT TAKEING ACTION AGAINST THE 'RAVE' SCENE. THE GOVERNMENT LOOKS AT A RAVER AND SAYS "DRUGS". WHEN THEY SHOULD LOOK DEEPER AND REALIZE THE TRUE PASSION AND CULTURE FOR MUSIC.

"LET HE WITHOUT RHYTHM CAST THE FIRST STONE"
~~~~ THATS A QUOTE BY ONE OF THE FIRST UNDERGROUND PROMOTERS IN THE US AGAINST THE GOV TAKEING ACTION. GEORGE BLACK. WHO ORIGINATED WITH RADIO ONE.
================================
I THINK THIS PIECE IS RELEVANT.......

"""So you're a DJ. You have DJ heros. CHances are You're busy burning the hours up in your room practising to get as good as the guys you go out and see. Or maybe you just love clubbing, Love DJ's, Love what they can do for you. Ever stop to think why? Alternatively, ever been in one of thouse arguments where some rock-bore is telling you that DJ's are a waste of space; that all they do is play other peoples music: that theres no artistry to it; that any fool with a few records could make a bunch of E-heads dance? And what do you say?
As we leave the twentieth century, dance culture seems to have won. The DJ, at least in Europe, is the central figure in popular music, and america is catching up fast. Hip Hop is now the worlds biggest-selling genre; house and techno and all their offshoots provide the soundtrack for events on the global scale. DJ-created music is everywhere and the DJ has all but replaced the rock star as a hero to be worshiped and adored. But how did the Dj get such an exalted position? Why do DJ's earn so much money? What the hell is it that a big-name DJ actually does? Are they really worthy of such superstar status?
Amazingly, though we might know exactly what kinda madness Tall Paul threw down this year, Or who went to norman cooks(FAT BOY SLIM) wedding, or the percise list of records in Paul Oakenfolds set at home, We rarely spend much time considering the origins of the DJ, the source of his/her power, or even what a great DJ does that seperates them from a dull one. We dance to their music, We buy their compilations, We read magazines about them, and some of us dream of one day joining their glittering ranks, but some people are surprisingly ignorant about why DJs have become so special.
I found out that the 70's New York Disc Jocks who kickstarted modern DJing are mostly alive and well and lurking around in brooklyn, New York. And to my amazement, I found out that a certain ex-radio One DJ, almost the last person you would think of as a dancefloor pioneer, was probably the very first person to ever play records for a club full of people.....and that this same person was the first to hit on the idea of useing two turntables...and that he did all this way back in the 1940's.
My conclusion was that, yes, the Dj is a god. Or at the very least, He's some of our connection to another world. In times past some of us looked to religion to give us some kind of release from our dull working lives. Today we go out dancing. Of course, Long ago the two things were combined, and religion-of pagan variety-was all about eating sacred potions and dancing till you dropped. These days the closest most of us get to a church is a night club/Rave. In a club, Some of us worship life, Worship our bodies, our youth, our sexuality. And thouse sacred potion are definitely in evidence. Many of us would be happy to confess that dance music is our religion. It's only natural, then, that we worship the figure at the center of it all, our high priest-The DJ. You dont have to look far to find more examples of extreme worship. Most explanations of great DJing concentrate on the technical aspects of it. Incredibly smooth mixes, Fantastically fast changes, useing three decks, clever EQing, plugging some fancy sampling equipment...But this is not what makes a great DJ. There are so many kids out there who think its all about buying the latest records and practicing in a room. And just being able to mix well. But thats SO wrong. In my opinion i'd say 80% of the new Aspiring kids are in it for the money, in it for the glamour, and just go and buy all the big tunes. That isnt hard to do.
The truth about DJing, Is being able to communicate with the dance floor. A good DJ is someone who understands the crowd. Someone who can read a crowd. Its that connection with the crowd and that energy that your putting through the mix and the sounds you're playing and making thouse records work together. And on the right night when that energy combines, theres nothing like that at all; nothing comes near that high.
A great DJ should be able to move a crowd on the most primitive equipment, and some of the worlds best DJ's have been pretty ropey mixers. Great DJing is not just about big records and flash mixing, It's much more about finding amazing new songs and improvising your performance to exactly suit the moment. More than anything else; its how well a DJ can interact with a crowd. A good DJ is always looking at the crowd, seeing what they like, seeing whether its working; communicating with them, smiling at them. And a bad DJ is always looking down at what the're doing, and just doing what they practiced in their bedroom, regardless of whether the crowd is enjoying it or not.
Because Djing is not just about chooseing a few tunes. Its about generating shared moods; Its about understanding the feelings of a bunch of clubbers and taking them to a better place. Music is a hotline to peoples emotions, its a really powerful force, and what a DJ does is use this force to generate enjoyment. Obviously they play music, but that's just a means to an end. What they really play is emotion. The DJ plays feelings of a roomful of people. That's why they need to see them. Thats why it couldnt be on tape. That's why it's a live performance. That's why its a creative act. In the hands of a master, records are only the tools. The important thing is the ritual that happens between the DJ and the Dancers. For many people this can be the most powerful experience.
So what do you tell the rock bores?
You just tell them that a GREAT DJ is every bit as much a musician as a guitar-slinging rock god, no two ways about it. IT just happens that in a place of notes he has songs, in place of keys or strings he has records. And just like a musician, the DJ's musical skill lies in how these are chosen and put together. DJ's are the new pop stars.
Regardless of money, fame, or getting all the ladies at the end of a session, a true DJ will always want to play more music. Whether its through their urge to discover unknown tunes or their desire to give people pleasure, Most Dj's love Djing so much that they would do it for free if they had to. """"

A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCER IS SOMEONE WHO CAN ENCOURAGE THE GENERTATION OF MANY IDEAS, AND THEN DISCARD THE VAST MAJORITY OF THEM LEAVING ONLY THE ONES THAT WILL BLEND TOGETHER TO CREATE THE PERFECT SOUND~~

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/24 :  05:59:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
and all that has what to do with the subject of drugs being bad for you?

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 29 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 25  26  27  28  29
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page