Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  06:36:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
I've heard Dougal drop some mixes, not many but he's not flawless and many of his mixes are very short if you listen to them carefully. I do like him though..

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  07:07:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by DiamondDog:
I've heard Dougal drop some mixes, not many but he's not flawless and many of his mixes are very short if you listen to them carefully. I do like him though..

Yeah Right I'd hope not to hear one of his sets when he's buggered up (as if he does it on a regular occasion or something according to DiamondDog). I've seen him near 20 times and Never seen him make a mistake he's damn good and His mixes aren't short there the same time most dj's get playing at an event.

Sy.

Edited by - Simon on 2002/04/24 07:11:31
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  07:22:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
sy you lucky sod! lol i've never seen him once and i'd go out of my way to see him play.
lots of dj's can produce better tunes than him,but when it comes to action on the decks dougal takes the title

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  07:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
HAHA sorry about that Dj mouse I ddn't want to gloat And yes he's awsome on the decks I only get to see him so much coz I live near Bagley's & the Sanctury so I've seen him at a lot of Slammin Vinyls.

Sy.

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  02:17:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as saying that Dougal's totally crap and messes up all the time, I was just trying to say that he makes some mistakes, not many, but more than some other DJ's, such as Slipmatt and Brisk.

I'm listening to one of his sets at the moment and although most of it has been really good he has just has to cut out a track because tha mix was going out of time so much, the track does change speed though, don't you just hate that..

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  03:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i've heard slipmatt drop a mix on this old tape that i left in scotland

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  04:10:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
rite so will some1 explane the attraction with dougal plz..... i really dont get it!!! I do have a tape where dougal does sound shit hot BUT i have 4 where he just sounds shit!!!

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  07:19:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
The attraction with Dougal is that It's not the tunes he selects to play but his mixing skills are emmence.

Sorry DiamondDog I didn't mean to have a go at you but as far as mixing is concerned i just can't find a better dj!!!! Can you?

Sy.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  07:45:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i can't either. seduction came close behind but since he isn't in the hardcore scene any more he doesn't count

DJ Mouse

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  03:37:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
I personally think both Slipmatt and Brisk are better technically thn Dougal. Especially Brisk, how he manages to get the records in time so quick I'll never know, I've heard him finish one mix then mix in the next tune within 30 seconds, flawlessly, and then keep the mix going for ages, I don't think anyone else even comes close.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  07:04:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Look DiamondDog I think that I'm gonna stick with Dougal & your gonna stick with Brisk & Slipmatt There all good DJ's and It's just a difference of oppinion that we have. So lets just leave it for now coz there won't ever be a winner of this debate anyway. so with that I declare the debate over.

*The best mixer is....*
*Cough* *Cough* *Dougal* *Cough*

Only joking!!!!!

Sy.

singe

United States
48 posts
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  10:10:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit singe's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree with Diamond, Brisk is definitely the best technical dj I have ever heard. And some of the tracks he has, jesus, it's like NO ONE has them other than him (specifically a lot of the dutch stuff I've heard him play). Sometimes I wonder if he's ever dropped a mix live, heh.

-c

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  04:34:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
what ever happend to those old german happy hardcore dj's such as dj paul rotterdam, and the guys who were on the happy hardcore volume 2 cd's some of them tracks kicked ass, i know it sounds cheesy and all to talk just about this one compilation but it had some great tracks on it, and silver1 do u know what happend to "next fashion" they did that old 92-3 track lost in space some of the most earliest happy hardcore ever done, also y dont ppl talk bout mark oh these days, hes still out there and has reproduced some of his tracks in both new happy hardcore format and trance, also y dont we mention the sounds of RMB, they produced many great tracks as well as mixes such as sprin, shadows etc even although these dj;s might not be producing happy hardcore etc as much or prodcuing happy hardcore at all they should be still noted, im not being a critic and all but happy hardcore should be spread out and bring on old songs back that were decent, m not being a critic but y does the happy hardcore always have to evolve around the sounds of Scott Brown, sure enough hes a great producer but its getting way to repetitive bring in back the old days again, like music instructor, Das Modul, Blumchen etc if we bring these tracks back in again it will surely enough win a new crowd back and will make Happy Hardcore more better again, sure enough those tracks were played a long way back but hey ppl loved those days maybe we can do something bout bringing it back, like go back to the origins of happy hardcore and start out fresh.
By anyhows sorry bout blabbing on but yeahh everyones comment is acceptable and should be valued.

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  08:30:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
anyone who promotes hhc in anyway deserves applause!!!!!
ESPECIALLY ALL THOSE DJ's OUT THERE WHO STICK TO WHAT THEY LIKE.....HHC!!!!!!!
No-one person is the best, they ALL are

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

singe

United States
48 posts
Posted - 2002/05/02 :  09:47:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit singe's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk is playing here tomorrow for $10usd. I'm pumped

-c

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page