Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Old Skool reunion CDs effects on HHC
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/06/08 :  01:19:33  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage
due to the recent old skool re-boom of "back to the old skool" CDs etc., does anyone think the same as me, and soon a happy hardcore compilation (the new bonkers maby) could have the same effect as the recent old skool trend and re-launch happy hardcore??
i noticed that the Prodigy's new track "baby's got a temper" sounds like a cross between most of the content on their "Fat of the land" album and some of their older tracks, such as "what evil lurks" and such. Could this happen to some happy hardcore?? old tracks slightly re-worked and given a different feel?? anybody got any comments on what effect of Flip & Fill releasing "Shooting Star" will have on happy hardcore??

"Thats not a BONG it's for my SLONG!"

Alert moderator
Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/06/08 :  01:39:47  Show profile  Send a private message
Err, I don't think that old tracks should be reworked, it should be the other way around - so that new tracks sound like the old style. If they went back to the old style it might all kick off again since most electronic genres seem to be going a bit stale.

I haven't heard the Flip n Fill edit but I would imagine that it's crap and I think that they're going the wrong way about revamping HH. Having said that I don't think the original Shooting Star was brilliant, I personally like the old skool tunes like Dougal & Seduction - It's Not Over...

Oh, and I didn't know that the Prodigy had released a new track! It shows how much I listen to the radio! I'll have to have a listen to that...

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can show you all the good things in your life...... follow me......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/06/09 :  02:08:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
THe only way to move foward is to diversify. All electronic artists should be staying as far away from genre specificity if you ask me. I'd personally like a combination of the best bits of hard house/trance/oldskool/drum and bass/slammin techno/happy hardcore/gabber etc in one style that every dj could have their own sound playing. All the hard styles in one big genre! That would be my day of glory i tell you now!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/06/09 :  09:22:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage
Yeh, and thats exactly how new genres are formed, be it from a slightly faster or slower form of one genre, or a hybrid of one or more.
You do a trance track with hard house beats, and Ta-DA! you got hard trance!
You mix hardcore with trance and you got trance-core or whatever you wanna call it.
Sure it's the way forward, but sooner or later were gonna leave somthing behind
Will hardcore go the way of the origional old skool, and we are all subjected to cheap compilation CDs??

"Thats not a BONG it's for my SLONG!"

DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  01:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message
I ****ING HOPE NOT!!!

whats goin on with this trance-core shite i keep hearing about? somebody name some tracks so i can hunt them down and have a listen. old skool is good, uplifting. I have nagged and nagged and nagged Euphoria to release a Happy Hardcore Euphoria album but ive still had no luck! why? they have made trance, hard house, house, ibiza, why not a happy hardcore one??

there are a lot of things that piss me off about the scene. and there is one thing that is a contridiction to my own satisfaction from the scene, and that is, i wish that we could get some hardcore in the uk top 40, wouldnt that stir up the shite!! (hehe it would piss terry wogan off big time!) but at the same time, i dont want hardcore to b too commercial cos its meant for the underground. does any1 feel the same??

we are the children of the night, we fight for the future of our nation, lets come together and unite, nothings gonna stop us now!

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  05:56:17  Show profile  Send a private message
Nah, I don't want it to get into the top 40 because then pathetic 12 year old girls that like pop might get into it. One of the reasons that I like HH is because it isn't in the top 40 - I can honestly say that I HATE commercial music...

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page