Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/19 :  07:27:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
i never said i didnt like the track, i kind of do, its not horrible... it is just weird to hear it as trance, i think everyone can agree on that ?

plus im just not used to trance covering hardcore... ususally it has been the other way around.

i wonder if this is going to make other trance artists to look at some hardcore for ideas ?

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/19 :  09:45:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hmm.. I'm not a fan of this kinda thing, but I totally respect that nick needs to put food on the table, and in the end it is a job.

The origonal isn't going to magically gonna go away, and you can feel smug in the knowledge that you know the *real* song :D

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/20 :  04:30:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
it is just weird to hear it as trance, i think everyone can agree on that ?

yeah it is weird ... but then again I've heard the song on karaoke

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/20 :  04:37:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

yeah it is weird ... but then again I've heard the song on karaoke

Would be EXTREMELY interested to have more details about this karaoke version.

Cheers

Nick.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/20 :  17:29:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
Nick: I can't give you much I'm afraid. It came on a videotape with no identifiers either in the video or on the tape itself, and it was in one of those generic black plastic cases - just one of the many hi-quality (=P) bootleg/pirated products that a friend of mine snuck home in his suitcase after his trip around SE Asia.

It uses the same set of lyrics as the Ham mix, but has no vocals (that's where the karaoke part comes in). Come to think of it, it doesn't have much of anything, outside of the melody, which is made using some inanely cheesy fuzzy synths ... you know, like every other song that gets raped into karaoke. Oh, and it runs at about disco-house pace (like, less than 120bpm). All in all, it would have been annoying but for the fact that I was tanked and I wanted to sing something that I knew the words to.

Hope that helps.

Edited by - strychnine on 2002/06/20 17:33:33
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/21 :  04:24:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
hehehehe no probs....

Just you like to keep tabs on these things, far too much unlicensed stuff flying around.

Cant beat those in SE Asia though.... they just do they're own thang!

I suppose its a compliment really they reckon Shooting Stars worthy of a karaoke tape, but then again, if I EVER heard it on a karaoke myself *shudder*

cheers anyway!

Nick.

Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/06/22 :  09:06:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage  Reply with quote
personally i feel that the F&F version's lyrics are WAY to slow. maby if F&F had released the song first, or i had not herd a HHC version of the song then i wouldn't notice the fact that it seems slow! i suppose it's king of like HHC songs such as "Hold Me Now" and others that use the lyrics of songs that are slightly before my time - if i hadnt af herd them before then i wouldnt thing that they would sound strange faster/slower.....well, thats my logic for ya!!

just a couple of questions:

1) when is/has (if it has already) F&F's version of Shooting Star been/going to be released??

2)Nick: What do you think that the worst/best virsion of shooting star is??

Thanx

"Thats not a BONG it's for my SLONG!"

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/22 :  14:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Jult the 8th i think or june the 28th was paying that mcuh attention..I seen "flip n kill" get interviewed earlier and im sure one of them was just basically tryna say on the album we ripped off so many classix it wud only b fair to put sum of our stuff on"....Ive decided i dont like the song, i dont like them and i like none of their music:(. Firstly ruining set u free, now ruining shooting satr:(....N yeah the new version is slllooooooooowwwwwwww as fcuk.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page