of 4

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/11/19 :  17:34:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
As a consumer I don't see anything wrong with the artwork. It's nice and bright and gets all of the information across that I need.

Fair play to everyone involved in the project, especially Gisbo. I know from my own experience that putting together 23 tracks, be it good or bad, is a very big achievement. It's a pretty massive project for anyone let alone someone relatively new on the scene.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dartford-ravin-crew

United Kingdom
113 posts
Dartford-ravin-crew has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/12/04 :  16:17:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dartford-ravin-crew's homepage  Reply with quote
Video Ad Now up go check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWy2uVvdoo

Also get ya buds in and keep up to date on Links and Info on our Facebook page

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/12/04 :  16:20:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
That advert

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Dartford-ravin-crew

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2010/12/04 :  23:36:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dartford-ravin-crew's homepage  Reply with quote
Go on acidfluxxbass what is wrong with it now?
I'm sure you massive amount of experience from all your completed compilations (Oh sorry they have never been finish have they) means you could have done better..
So please do enlighten me on what we have done wrong now.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/12/05 :  00:18:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
That advert

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/12/05 :  03:19:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage  Reply with quote
Errmm - how the bloody hell have I missed this exactly?!

Massively looking forward to this. Huge respect to you guys for putting this together.

As for 'Artworkgate', I've got to say that I actually really like it. Obviously, Olly, you know a load about all this graphic design business and have experience with it - but the average bloke (i.e. 99% of the people that are going to be downloading the album) doesn't have a clue. They just look at it for about three seconds and decide quickly whether they like it or not.

Back to the topic in hand, though. I've pretty much loved most of the Gisbo stuff I've heard over the last year, so can't wait to get my hands on this.

So grateful for all these guys working their balls off to get all these free albums out over the last few years. Superb stuff.

Jimouk
Banned

United Kingdom
317 posts
Jimouk has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/12/05 :  07:01:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jimouk's homepage  Reply with quote
Played quite a few of your free tracks on my show, massive respect for this one! Can't wait.

Dartford-ravin-crew

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2010/12/05 :  14:52:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dartford-ravin-crew's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow Acidfluxxbass shocked that you liked it, that one really throw me... lol
At least we have done something right...

Big respect out to everyone on there words of support please dont forget to support In Your Head Record and Gisbo by purchasing the tracks that are released already.

Tracks available at Juno Downloads and Imo Downloads

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  00:55:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
After properly listening to Gisbo's tracks on Hardcore Addition 6, I've I feeling this release is going to be really really good!

Edited by - Mortis on 2010/12/26 00:56:53
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  02:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Just listening to more of Gisbo's stuff and Till The End...very nice indeed.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  02:45:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
To me it seems a bit like you're trying hard to be like Darren Styles, no? Haha, you should be yourself instead of copying others, like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound, and yes of course everyone wants to sound like them but imo this won't bring you much further. Also it seems very wanna-be-proffesional, I can understand it's hard to do all of this and you've put a lot of work and time into it, but it's the small things like spelling names wrong which don't require much effort that make it look quite cheap! And that advert looks (again) very wanna-be-clubland, just without the people 'integrated' in artworks and half-naked girls dancing around, because you probably couldn't afford it. Well just my honest opinion on this.. but good luck! :)

Edited by - Revs on 2010/12/26 02:47:24
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  03:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
To me it seems a bit like you're trying hard to be like Darren Styles, no? Haha, you should be yourself instead of copying others, like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound, and yes of course everyone wants to sound like them but imo this won't bring you much further. Also it seems very wanna-be-proffesional, I can understand it's hard to do all of this and you've put a lot of work and time into it, but it's the small things like spelling names wrong which don't require much effort that make it look quite cheap! And that advert looks (again) very wanna-be-clubland, just without the people 'integrated' in artworks and half-naked girls dancing around, because you probably couldn't afford it. Well just my honest opinion on this.. but good luck! :)

Ouch.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  04:47:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:

Jesus Revs, that was a bit savage. And I don't agree with the majority of it.

Firstly, this simply isn't true: "like Darwin already said once, all the artists who have come thru (no matter in what genre actually) managed so because they have their unique sound"

There are a shit load of hardcore artists that are established but sound the same as others. There are a shit load of artists in other genres that sound the same as others.

Has it occurred to you that Darren Styles and Gisbo could simply just have the same taste in hardcore - and therefore make similar sounding stuff?

Irrespective of that - I don't think Gisbo's stuff does actually sound like Darren Styles', and I highly doubt that he sits in his studio thinking "Fcuk, what else can I produce to make me sound more like Darren Styles?".

I like you Revs, but I think the bottom line is this: The fact that Gisbo's actually made this album (as well as contributed to various other exciting - and normally always free - projects recently), the fact that he's getting a lot of exposure recently, and the fact that a lot of people are loving what he's doing at the moment - all of this probably entitles him to say "Fcuk off little boy" when he reads your post. He won't though, because he seems like a pretty humble kind of guy and he will just thank you for your feedback. All of the above, in my opinion, is most definitely not off-set by a spelling mistake, and an advert that allegedly looks like Clubland without a budget.

I say big up to Gisbo, you're doing a great job mate.

And I say Revs - I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing or anything, and it is just my opinion, but unless you want Briskgate to be the first of many such incidents, you might want to adopt a slightly less aggressive/arrogant style of feedback-delivery.

Edited by - JayHH86 on 2010/12/26 09:10:53
atomsk
Advanced Member

United States
1,660 posts
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  07:36:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit atomsk's homepage  Reply with quote
Man what the hell is up everyone asses?

Its a free album, some people seem like the will like it. I dont see any where in this thread that Mr.Gisbo nor In your head records have asked for feedback on the production value.
If you dont like his stuff, dont ****ing listen to it, its not like they are forcing you to. I could understand some of this shit if they did ask for it, but come on guys...

As for the artwork, I really dont see anything wrong with it. It's bright, has the info I need/want, and **** for a free album I would say this is top notch.

For the trying to sound like Darren Styles, I only see it in some songs, but then again like half of hardcore has the same sound as another song.. Well every genre has that...

Guys just stick the shitty comments up your ass, and let the ones who want this cd enjoy it, this is the same as bagging on smoogie for his videos, or wilky for his bad taste in jokes, they dont ask for it so dont give it.

Now for my part. I cant wait for this album Gisbo, I've always loved your work, its the type of hardcore I love. The only song I dislike on the track listing is "Rude Boy", but oh well.
I loved the remix of Darren Styles "Pandora", and "love the way you lie", both really nice remixes.

Just a few questions for you guys.
1. Both cd's are mixed, right?
2. The "mc" is he in every set, and is he any good.. or does he **** up every track?
3. Any chance of a unmixed album and/or some singles?
4. Will the album be one long track, or split?

Other than that, cant freaking wait!
Guys keep your shitty comments to yourself.

Also, JayHH86 I cant agree with you more.

Edited by - atomsk on 2010/12/26 07:38:30
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/12/26 :  13:04:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, revs, I didnt go that far.

But i do have a few points to say on what you've just said.

First one is: Why does Darren Styles seem to be the only one with the solemn right to release an album? At the end of the day its a 'promotional' album. Take it away from 'actual' albums, and makes this more of a showcase mix, with more time spent on it. Why not glamorize things with artwork and an advert - as much as I may have ripped it (which I'd prefer no one else question because Gisbo and I have had a private chat about it and its sorted).

From what Ive seen this year, putting artwork on something suddenly makes it too 'wanna-be-professional' and people slate it :/

Yo Gisbo, get ready for lawsuit threats from Darren Styles :P

I'm joking obviously, Revs your talking crap.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page