Total online 1562
 Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Kesha - We r who we r (filthy hoodzie remix)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  18:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
but point reinforced by the second part of what you said! :P
Luna C was at least an exception but was at least being original with what he does..CLSM the track you mentioned was at least once well established

minor points though when bringing it back to my main point ..integrity :)

*edit*
seeing as you quoted that point though - are you then agreeing with him, the only way to get noticed is that you HAVE to make genericore and chart remixes?

The "have to" was just a coincidence. My point was quoting the artists you mentioned

For the record, no I don't think you "have to" but most, if not all hardcore artists have ripped off/remixed a pop song in their time. You can gloss over it any way you want it's still true

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  18:44:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
i didnt mean to aim that at you lol looks like i did now reading that lol!!!

sorry dude

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  18:52:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
but point reinforced by the second part of what you said! :P
Luna C was at least an exception but was at least being original with what he does..CLSM the track you mentioned was at least once well established

minor points though when bringing it back to my main point ..integrity :)

*edit*
seeing as you quoted that point though - are you then agreeing with him, the only way to get noticed is that you HAVE to make genericore and chart remixes?

The "have to" was just a coincidence. My point was quoting the artists you mentioned

For the record, no I don't think you "have to" but most, if not all hardcore artists have ripped off/remixed a pop song in their time. You can gloss over it any way you want it's still true

i should have just left it at genericore - it just happened to be a chart remix, i didnt want the chart remix to detract from the original/main point of doing things fresh and new, integrity etc etc..

I posted, my huge list of rip-offs, its not somthing i'm at all sugar coating! :)

at the end of the day, on the personal side of things it depends where in hardcore you want to place yourself

in the wider scheme of things, do you really want to be adding extra water to an over-filled tarn...or do you want to throw some petrol in it :P

Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  19:00:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmm this is where i start to get fustrated lol

Why is it wrong to make a track that is a standard hardcore track? People say be original like it grows on trees lol!! People make hardcore they like and its mainly mainstream hardcore people like. It sells and ravers love it.

Being original or coming up with new ideas that havnt been done is very hard to do. Gets on my titties when people say that. Every hardcore track is differently produced so there for it is original

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  19:02:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
you're entirely right, original is hard to do!

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  19:22:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
It is hard to do and is probably why so few people do it.

It's also true that it doesn't sell. Ravers are the same as the rest of Joe Public. They mainly only like what they know.... sad but true.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2011/02/02 19:22:43
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  19:44:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Being original or coming up with new ideas that havnt been done is very hard to do. Gets on my titties when people say that. Every hardcore track is differently produced so there for it is original

This isn't an attack on you or anything, but you're joking right? It's not very hard to do for anyone that actually has learned anything about music. It might be hard for Hardcore producers, and that is because they are largely terrible at writing music. The fact it's hard is the worst reason not to be original ever.
quote:
Why is it wrong to make a track that is a standard hardcore track?

Because it's an incredibly low standard.
quote:
not to sound too negative...but....

Why????? lol

I ask myself this every time i see a Pop rip-off. Rip-offs are one thing, but of an already terrible tune?
quote:
well, i consider myself a future small artist

Lol you produce now?

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/02/02 19:53:53
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  20:17:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
almost two years since i bothered to show any of the stuff i made, Flux (NSR records) and Sleep (Past Present and Future Cd download)
they were both on FLstudio - since then i've made the active choice not to pursue any money making whatsoever (wether they would have made money or not)

and with that in mind, I decided to make some small investments, strictly on a personal level:

built myself a new PC
bought Cubase 5
got a pair of KRK Rp8's
a few decent VSTis, a hardware Rompler (Yamaha CS2x)
Audiotechnica ATH-M50 headphones (though i've had these for a while, and used those to make the previous two tracks)

those purchases were only in October/Novemeber, and this is the first year i've set my mind truely to making music..you can look up the older two on youtube, though both are 2 years old now, sleep is even older!

funnily enough the one i'm working on at the moment is a remix LOL. nothing thats ever been in the charts though..and has no singing, but its a tune i've always thought would translate well into hardcore... :)

i must have 30-40 unfinished pieces, ranging from 30seconds, to 5mins...i'm just never pleased enough with the outcome to post clips lol

the track i've almost finished currently I wanted to submnit to the next Past Present and Future album..

....Ken! :P

Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  21:02:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

This isn't an attack on you or anything, but you're joking right? It's not very hard to do for anyone that actually has learned anything about music. It might be hard for Hardcore producers, and that is because they are largely terrible at writing music. The fact it's hard is the worst reason not to be original ever.
quote:
Why is it wrong to make a track that is a standard hardcore track?

Because it's an incredibly low standard.
quote:
not to sound too negative...but....

Why????? lol

I ask myself this every time i see a Pop rip-off. Rip-offs are one thing, but of an already terrible tune?
quote:
well, i consider myself a future small artist

Lol you produce now?

this is the kind of thing i was talking about people thinking its piss easy to make something brand new that no1 has ever done before!

really mate cmon?!

like i said previously in this post EVERY track is original as its produced differently has different notes and structures.

If you produce then you should know this?! if you dont produce then you simply wouldnt understand what im saying (not to sound rude)

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  21:07:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
was that at me or matt?

clearly definitions of originality are whats at odds here lol

Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  21:12:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
well if your saying that the kind of sounds ect then im sorry but nothing in hardcore has ever been original and neither has any other genre as all the genres have been using the same sounds since the 90's they have just become better processed.

if your talking about ideas in tracks then again all the ideas you hear now are from back in the 90's and even earlier most probably just better produced.

so im clearly lost??

Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  21:13:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
was that at me or matt?

clearly definitions of originality are whats at odds here lol

lol sorry was at Hard2Get

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  22:39:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
this is the kind of thing i was talking about people thinking its piss easy to make something brand new that no1 has ever done before!

I'm not saying you have to do something ground breaking that no one has ever done but also that people would like. I'm just talking about original in the sense that it's not a remix of someone elses track. My original post probably sounds alot harsher than is intended but really I'm just saying it quite passively, there is no agression in any of it.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/02/02 22:40:38
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  23:09:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Hope this is on the next Ravers Addition!!!

Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/02/02 :  23:24:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
No worries hard2get i know ya wernt sayin it in that way ;)

Im fully aware that not everyone is gona like everythin i do so its all good man!

Like i said i may chuck the vocal out as not sure if ut works wiv the tune

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page