Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
DylanHicks

United States
41 posts
DylanHicks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/12/08 :  17:04:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I first heard Hardcore on DDR and things like that then i checked out the website and all. But i would say the main person who got me into Hardcore would have to be Sean Apollo. Seeing a kid from my high school play big events and have such awsome realese inspired me to start trying( With his help that is)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2007/03/25 :  12:05:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
must of been john peel, playing that Bonkers mix cd back on radio 1

Yoko
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Yoko is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2007/04/03 :  05:05:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Yoko's homepage  Reply with quote
I found DI.FM while looking for a trance station back in about 2003-2004ish and then saw happyhardcore and wondered what it was. And now I know.

BTW, this IS the Yoko from the chat room, just never really bothered with the forums till now. (too lazy)

Mindwinder

United Kingdom
114 posts

90 hardcore releases
Mindwinder has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/06/30 :  21:25:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mindwinder's homepage  Reply with quote
a mate lent me one of the first slammin tapepacks n i listened to it so much it ****ed the tapes up. got some turntables when i was 15, now im starting to make my own tunes. lol still havnt stopped listen to them tapes

Chew

United Kingdom
49 posts
Posted - 2007/07/26 :  17:22:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chew's homepage  Reply with quote
I used to listen to metal but would occasionally listen to the odd trance or dance tune such as Scooter - The Logical Song or Darude - Sandstorm and occasionally some Gabber.

Then my little sister bought Clubland Extreme Hardcore 2 and I ripped it to iTunes and after listening to that on the computer and in my mates car 24/7 I couldn't get enough. And i've been listening to it ever since.

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/08/20 :  05:04:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
i got into happy hardcore & bouncy techno in 94 when still at skool & a few years before i got kicked out of skool. being from Stoke it was natural that the first tape that i ever heard was a Club Kinetic tape :o)

am more into old skool & gabba now tho but listen to all rave musik from 1986-present other then new hardcore which for me died in 99

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/08/20 :  05:33:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
also to the other guy dj rankin sux ppl like him are killing the scene !

n/a
Banned

0 posts
Posted - 2007/09/03 :  12:24:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit n/a's homepage  Reply with quote
We talking about the site or the music ? lol

Music wise, I grew up listening to all kinds of music, someone gave me a tape of , what is now, old skool, and I loved it. I stuck with it throughout the years, then eventually got into the raving scene. Fell in love with happy hardcore from the start and stuck with it for years n years. I still love it, but I really love gabber too, so its a mixed bag from me.

As for the site, google ftw :D lol

Edited by - n/a on 2007/09/03 12:24:55
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  21:37:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
one of my mates gave me dougals mix bonkers 6 luved it,i then bought bonkers 7 when it came out,and i havn,t looked back,i love and listen 2 all styles of hardcore yeh

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  22:09:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage  Reply with quote
I got given a HH vibes and livlee tape in 94 and absolutly loved it. Ended up buying all tapepacks off the mate that gave me the original tape and his vibealite + helter skelter bomber jackets actually lol.....

VivaLaDillon
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  17:06:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit VivaLaDillon's homepage  Reply with quote
mr igloo got me into it

he's a bad ass MF

Edited by - VivaLaDillon on 2007/12/14 17:11:13
DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/04/28 :  13:46:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
By listening to one CD in a music shop saw Bonkers 13 thought to myself why not have a listen of and it was brilliant from start to finish.

Edited by - DJ-Intensity on 2008/04/28 13:47:36
EvilPill
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2008/06/24 :  11:29:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit EvilPill's homepage  Reply with quote
Stumbled on this world through YouTube! I watched the 10 Minute Mix entries - loads of different styles but saw the entry from DJ Cotts and got a little bit hooked. Now I listen live every Wed and join in the chat. I'm totally new to this style so all the artist names are a bit like 'who?' but it seems like a lot of the big djs are on this site too which is pretty damn cool. Oh and THIS IS MY FIRST POST!! Yes give me a badge.

djbood
Average Member

United Kingdom
249 posts
djbood has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/07/10 :  14:47:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbood's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
must of been john peel, playing that Bonkers mix cd back on radio 1

Very similar 2 how i got in2 hardcore m8, I listened to the john peel is not enough show on radio 1 which hixxy hosted. I heard 'Takin' me higher' by darren styles and instantly fell in love with hardcore

Clunge

sophie.HTID
Average Member

United Kingdom
175 posts
sophie.HTID has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/07/10 :  16:03:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sophie.HTID's homepage  Reply with quote
My best fried sent me lose me forever by dougal and gammer by accident and i felll in love with it
thats why there my fav artist aswell :P
then my ova friend also was into hardcore n trance so i asked him for some gd sttuff n he provided lol
the i started goin gigs and i go ibiza alot and just got into the whole scene
now im in love with it
uproar global energy global gaterin hardcore in the sun they are all amazin :)
xx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page