Printer friendly
Page: 
of 27

Author Thread  
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2014/05/21 :  21:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:

Yeah loving it.

New release from Hixxy & Re-Con. Can't say I'm much of a fan especially of the first.
http://www.beatport.com/release/hixxy-and-re-con/1264946

What's anyone think of these two tracks? I wasn't expecting Hixxy to go for this style. I don't think he's done any other releases in the modern 'electrocore' style or has he? Hopefully just a one off if not.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/05/22 :  06:16:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Yeah loving it.

New release from Hixxy & Re-Con. Can't say I'm much of a fan especially of the first.

What's anyone think of these two tracks? I wasn't expecting Hixxy to go for this style. I don't think he's done any other releases in the modern 'electrocore' style or has he? Hopefully just a one off if not.

I absolutely love superhuman. Probably my favourite track at the moment. Not too keen on did geri do it though.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/05/24 :  21:36:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Not too keen on either of those Hixxy/Recon tracks. Anyone else notice there's not much quality about at the mo?

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/05/30 :  13:34:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Yeah loving it.

I like them both. I much prefer 'Superhuman' mind. That vocal just screams Hixxy, which, of course, is a good thing.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  08:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
Breeze - Brixton [Hardcore - f/c Future World]

Aryx - Celestia (Spirit Wolf Remix) [Freeform - free release]

Edited by - d2kx on 2014/06/01 08:58:14
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  09:23:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Surely that Breeze track is a joke?

When are people going to learn that the Hardcore is NOT all about ripping off what's in the charts/commercial clubs.

There are people trying REALLY hard to take the scene in the right direction and along comes horrible shite like this, making a joke of it all.

Stop catering for people who just want instant gratification and don't give a shit about the future!

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  12:09:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Surely that Breeze track is a joke?

When are people going to learn that the Hardcore is NOT all about ripping off what's in the charts/commercial clubs.

There are people trying REALLY hard to take the scene in the right direction and along comes horrible shite like this, making a joke of it all.

Stop catering for people who just want instant gratification and don't give a shit about the future!

This big room sound is really popular at the moment and also introduced in other genres, e.g. in Hardstyle (Crystal Lake - Welcome To The Zoo, etc.). Breeze likes this sound, so he went in that direction. Same reason we had a lot of "Dubcore" two years ago. You don't need to appreciate that, but to say that he doesn't give a shit about its future is not fair. Without his efforts, we wouldn't have Darren Styles playing at EDC, and some other unannounced projects towards making Hardcore known globally.

Regarding this particular track, when I first heard it, I suggested to Breeze to make the kick slightly harder during the main drop and see how that turns out. He told me he liked it the way it was, because otherwise it would be too close to the usual Martin Garrix-ish drops, where the kick is the dominant part and the background fades away.

I assume you are talking about HU in regards to other people taking it in the right direction. I LOVE HU, I have close to everything they did since its existence. But it's not a sound that works out everywhere, and HU unfortunately do not have the infrastructure in place to spread the music more globally. Also, the production quality of some "hardcore legends" did not keep up with the times, and that is just as important as the creative part nowadays. Scott Brown is a good example.

Edited by - d2kx on 2014/06/01 12:14:50
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/06/01 :  13:39:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
This big room sound is really popular at the moment and also introduced in other genres

But that doesn't mean Hardcore HAS to sound like it too! That's my main argument really, why can't it have it's own ideas and sounds? By all means,take influences from wherever you like but if all you're doing is making a 130bpm track into a 170bpm one then it's not how it should be.

Not just referring to HU either, the music is going in many direction. Like some, don't like others.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  20:50:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Zedd - Spectrum (Darren Styles Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD!!!

Molly - Beneath The Lights (Darren Styles Remix) No release details as of yet.

Crumbs!! Molly's vocals are excellent!!

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  20:53:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
Darren Styles' "Beneath The Lights" remix is just incredicle. He recently said that he believes his goal to success is to keep things simple, but do it right. Here we have another proof for that.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  21:07:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Darren Styles' "Beneath The Lights" remix is just incredicle. He recently said that he believes his goal to success is to keep things simple, but do it right. Here we have another proof for that.

I agree, an excellent track. He is the king of simple, melodic hardcore. Always has been.

Here are two tracks from his podcast which I'm also really enjoying...

BT - Lifeline (Darren Styles Remix)

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/42661654/file.html

And a track I don't know the ID of (you may be able to help?) This might even be two tracks, I'm not sure. I bloody love it though!!

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/30429309/file.html

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/05 :  21:12:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Amen to that. Amazing track from the musical genius.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  13:39:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
And a track I don't know the ID of (you may be able to help?) This might even be two tracks, I'm not sure. I bloody love it though!!

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/30429309/file.html

Shiribon - Regain Control (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
Darren Styles - 2Night

But I have a feeling you already knew that by now ;)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  14:49:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I assume you are talking about HU in regards to other people taking it in the right direction. I LOVE HU, I have close to everything they did since its existence. But it's not a sound that works out everywhere, and HU unfortunately do not have the infrastructure in place to spread the music more globally. Also, the production quality of some "hardcore legends" did not keep up with the times, and that is just as important as the creative part nowadays. Scott Brown is a good example.

I really try not to get into conversations like this, as I sincerely don't mean to denigrate anyone or anything else in our slowly scaling scene.

However, when you say HU doesn't have a "sound that works out everywhere" I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Even ignoring the fact that we're consciously trying to showcase *all* facets of the genre, if we look at our headline duo there's not really much arguing with "Filth And Dumb Hatred" being really rather accessible to casual EDM crowds. It's the one product I'd happily throw out of genre without any due concern.

Also not entirely sure what you mean when you say that our infrastructure doesn't support spreading the music globablly; that's what we've been doing all along. We're *bigger* outside of the UK than in. We're doing more to ensure that any attention the genre gets (DS playing at EDC being a good one) might actually lead people towards a range of high quality products, that stand toe to toe with anything else in the genre production wise, rather than, this time last year, a lot of terrible bootlegs on TID.

DS isn't playing at EDC because of some cunning overarching ploy to expose the genre to a casual EDM crowd; DS is playing at EDC because he's the biggest artist in the scene bar none and the older built in resistance to "Hardcore" as a genre is gradually breaking down. I remember chatting with Kutski and Alex Kidd about this; a lot of major players in the industry now actually grew up alongside happy hardcore and don't have the same propensity to sneer at it.

If we want a global scene which flourishes then it's going to take everyone working in tandem. Which is, IMO, actually happening.

Oh, and I will confidently predict that you'll see HU DJs playing at stuff like EDC in the not too distant future. We're a lot more accessible and popular than often credited

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/06/06 14:55:47
d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/06/06 :  16:07:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

I really try not to get into conversations like this, as I sincerely don't mean to denigrate anyone or anything else in our slowly scaling scene.

However, when you say HU doesn't have a "sound that works out everywhere" I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Even ignoring the fact that we're consciously trying to showcase *all* facets of the genre, if we look at our headline duo there's not really much arguing with "Filth And Dumb Hatred" being really rather accessible to casual EDM crowds. It's the one product I'd happily throw out of genre without any due concern.

Also not entirely sure what you mean when you say that our infrastructure doesn't support spreading the music globablly; that's what we've been doing all along. We're *bigger* outside of the UK than in. We're doing more to ensure that any attention the genre gets (DS playing at EDC being a good one) might actually lead people towards a range of high quality products, that stand toe to toe with anything else in the genre production wise, rather than, this time last year, a lot of terrible bootlegs on TID.

DS isn't playing at EDC because of some cunning overarching ploy to expose the genre to a casual EDM crowd; DS is playing at EDC because he's the biggest artist in the scene bar none and the older built in resistance to "Hardcore" as a genre is gradually breaking down. I remember chatting with Kutski and Alex Kidd about this; a lot of major players in the industry now actually grew up alongside happy hardcore and don't have the same propensity to sneer at it.

If we want a global scene which flourishes then it's going to take everyone working in tandem. Which is, IMO, actually happening.

Oh, and I will confidently predict that you'll see HU DJs playing at stuff like EDC in the not too distant future. We're a lot more accessible and popular than often credited

CDJay

I agree with a lot of what you said. There are some parts of HU where I would do things differently, but I understand your reasoning for most of them and am confident that you will be doing just fine for a long time to come. No need to derail this thread :-)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 27 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 23  24  25  26  27
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page