Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/07/14 :  18:08:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not the biggest fan of Rob Gee, but why did you think he sucked? What it his track selection?

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/14 :  19:14:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by pacman:
didn't see kev or carlo there at all!?

We were in the main arena all night. You know down the back where they were selling drinks, we were to the left of it. We didn't move from there all night.

quote:
Originally posted by silver:

but why did you think he sucked?

He set had an element of hard rock to it. I didnt like it, but like i said, thats only my opinion. I didnt recognise any tracks.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

Edited by - toxic on 2003/07/15 14:27:55
rep
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2003/07/14 :  22:10:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by pacman:

rob gee's terrorism track = i left just before it, if i was there i would've thrown my bottle of water at his head.

And you would be typing with your nose right now, cause I would have broken both your hands. But let me entertain the thought, what was wrong with the track? (not that you heard it).

Live for peace,
Die for freedom,
Fight for respect.

Fight for respect.

GregE
Average Member

Australia
183 posts
GregE has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/15 :  01:21:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GregE's homepage  Reply with quote
it was the very fact that he tried to politise his set...i mean he was trying to push a point etc etc and personally i think that is wrong environment to do it especially considering the large ethnic diversity at the event....that is what made it bad...
but yeah i didn't see any of the violence so yeah cant comment, what i did see were some awsorme sets by scott brown (goes down as one of best ever) and breeze and styles
any way weekend ROCKED! back into hardcore uni again now :(
I SUCK AGAIN!!!!!
GregE

GET THAT FOOKING HAIR CUT!!!! (Dj UFO)

Edited by - GregE on 2003/07/15 02:11:56
Leelo1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
825 posts
Leelo1 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/15 :  14:33:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leelo1's homepage  Reply with quote
i think it could be nice

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1

rep
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2003/07/15 :  16:16:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GregE:
it was the very fact that he tried to politise his set...i mean he was trying to push a point etc etc and personally i think that is wrong environment to do it especially considering the large ethnic diversity at the event....that is what made it bad...

Well, I’m not going to say you’re wrong with the way you’re looking at it, but I believe you may have misinterpreted the point, if any, he was trying to make (and I absolutely agree with the way you present your opinion).
I'm from the New York area, just as Rob, where the twin towers could have been seen from both our homes. The first time he changed the lyrics to the song (the original song says “na na” repeatedly) was in this area, and you can’t imagine the response we got over here when we did it live. Everybody loved it to the point where he released the new version on vinyl (when changed it, he had no plans on that, we just rocked it live for the people around NY). The live version of the track got on the internet and he got responses and emails from around globe about the track and how people liked it. Rob definitely got some good feedback about the track from people from Australia before Godspeed and he played it. I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal. All though it is somewhat in the direction of “political”, I don’t feel saying “**** terrorism, **** Osoma Bin Laden” is exactly a political statement. It’s just a hardcore way of letting some of the aggression out. And understand, when those towers fell, there were a lot more people then American’s that died. You can’t walk down the street in New York and not see people from other nations appreciating the city and the diversity we have. Personally, all though I would like to say I love America and all that shit, I consider myself a human, and stating I’m from this place and love it only puts a degree of separation between myself and all other ethnic backgrounds when I know we are one. But speaking of diversity, being American for the very, very high majority, means that your ethnic background is from somewhere else. I’m Italian, German, Hungarian, and Polish…….but I’m American. Just about every American is like I am. It doesn’t matter where you are from here; Switzerland, Africa, Brazil, Antarctic and yes, Australia. If you’re here, you’re here. That’s one thing I like about this country, and trust me, there are a lot of things I don’t like about it (like our government).

Overall, I assure you, I have no problem with people’s opinions about his music or his playing or attitude or anything like that. If you think he sucks, you hate his music or what he plays, fine; I would never try to sway someone’s opinion like that. But saying you would throw a water bottle at one my best friends, and I’m going to do like anyone would, I’m going to back up my friend and speak up. Saying you would throw a water bottle at one my best friends for playing a track that represents disagreement with terrorism and catastrophe that happened here, and I will speak up loudly. I was in the crowd when he played the track, and I saw people getting down and enjoying themselves. I really don’t think saying you would throw something at him cause you don’t like the track is justified. Actually doing it, forget me having a problem with the justification, I would just start fighting whether I’d get my ass kicked or not.
BUT ANYWAY, I apologize for jumping in here with negativity. You guys are f-ing great over there. Your scene is awesome (and I don’t just mean Godspeed, I caught a few other events in Aust.) People were friendly as hell, and the vibes I got from the different parties I attended were fantastic. You don’t know how lucky you are. Keep it real.

-----------------------------------------
Live for peace,
Die for freedom,
Fight for respect.

Fight for respect.

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/07/17 :  01:55:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
the problem is that saying "**** osama bin laden", "**** terrorism" is not a good answer to anything. neither was the bombing of the world trade centre. i'm not taking that stance.

what i'm saying is that terrorism is rarely an act of random madness. it has a message. i believe the american government has committed many acts of terrorism in it's recent history. when i go to raves, i don't want to be troubled with the same narrow-minded ******** i'm bombarded with in the media.

GregE
Average Member

Australia
183 posts
GregE has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/21 :  05:59:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GregE's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah ok..u guys are pissed of i totally agree with that i would be too if someone bombed the shit out of my place...but thing is if i made a gabber song and played "**** george bush" and tried to get it played in us it wouldn't be alloued 1 and 2 it would not be appropriate, any way is wrong no mater what side u are on hey and as pacman said make a statment yes, but make it nutural....can i suggest "**** WAR!!!"
like it or lump it,, that what i feel and trust me when i say pacman and i aint the only ones that considered inappropriate i heard from lots and lots of ppls that it did not go down well
out
GregE

GET THAT FOOKING HAIR CUT!!!! (Dj UFO)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page