Anabolic Frolic on HappyHardcore.com
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
breathe

Canada
48 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  17:08:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it wasnt necessarily a badmouth as a criticsm along both sides his marketing skills , as i said are remarkable but his mixing does NOT precede him.. there are many other djs that would be WAY more enjoyed , and deserved in here...

i realize i seemed harsh but i also have reasons for it however i sincerely apologize for leaking it onto a publuc board

throw your television out the window now!!! youll thank my in the end..

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  17:40:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Frolic does not want to move to HappyHardcore.com Radio, which I think is unfortunate. He would get worldwide exposure on HappyHardcore.com 10 times larger than what he is doing now for all his activities.

His reasons are that he wants to do something himself which I can understand, I really started this topic so I could find out what other people thought on the matter, and perhaps show to Frolic that he is wanted on this radio station.

I don't hate Frolic at all, even though his web site and radio station are a direct competitor... I support anyone supporting the hardcore scene, I just want to promote hardcore to the world and Frolic on HappyHardcore.com is good for hardcore and Frolic.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

AlwaysHappy
Starting Member

United States
3 posts

127 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  19:05:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I agree that frolic's mixing may not be as good as some other DJs, I wouldn't argue that point, and I guess for an online show that holds higher priority for a lot of people. What I do know is that I've seen most of the big name djs, not all, but a lot, and in terms of the vibe a dj brings to a party I haven't seen anyone who does it better, so I guess I get pissed when I see people dogging anyone who supports hardcore(even if their reasoning may be valid) esp frolic cause he seems to get a lot of shit.
Wow that ended up a lot longer than planned!

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  21:58:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
I support anyone supporting the hardcore scene

Totally agreed! Thats the best statement I've heard.

-----------
"Cheez-It; Get your own box."

Edited by - Comet on 2003/08/05 22:00:57
Inferno

United States
109 posts
Inferno has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/08/06 :  10:41:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Inferno's homepage  Reply with quote
I dunno about the vibe bit. I saw him at Hullabaloo, and I don't think it was actually Frolic himself bringing the vibe, the party was at it's peak, he played anthems, and of course "he's the reason this party is happening".

It doesn't seem like many of the people who listen to his show can really appreciate what -this- site is doing. They seem to think Anabolic Frolic is the only person promoting hardcore in North America.

Ah well.

AlwaysHappy
Starting Member

United States
3 posts

127 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/06 :  10:49:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
When I mentioned the vibe bit, I was referring to when I saw him a week ago in California. I think this site has a kick ass radio station. I love this site in general, I spent hours scanning my record labels and sending them off to silver when he was building the record database. I'm glad that it's around, cause personally I can never get enough, so I'm always up for other people bringing the music.

Edited by - AlwaysHappy on 2003/08/06 10:52:35
Cassells
Average Member

Canada
157 posts
Cassells has donated money to the site Cassells has attended 11 events
Posted - 2003/08/06 :  13:46:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
do it!!!!!! frolic's amazing i go to almost every hulla screw all the haters!!! do it do it!!!!!!!!1

Happy2bBonkers

United Kingdom
352 posts
Posted - 2003/08/07 :  10:23:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Happy2bBonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
anabolic frolic are top so cum on man get them streamin

HARDCORE IS BACK NOW THEY ALL WANT A PIECE OF US!(Happy2bBonkers)

Edited by - Happy2bBonkers on 2003/08/07 10:24:43
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/07 :  17:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
While I do appricaite all the work you've done with this site, there is such a thing as becoming too big.

If this site became the only site you could go to for hardcore, and you're radio became the only decent on where you could stream hardcore, then that would be a problem. Leaving him where is he is suit me fine.. it means there is always another option, another point of view.

I'm sure that he wouldn't be so comftable having rules imposed on him for things.. like the way there's no longer any talking on the radio for example ( I really miss it!).

Just be happy with what u have. You're happy, he's happy.. everyone is .. sorta happy :P

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/07 :  20:42:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by atomicb:
I'm sure that he wouldn't be so comftable having rules imposed on him for things.. like the way there's no longer any talking on the radio for example ( I really miss it!).

THAT I really do miss.. I loved be able to tracklist songs and give more info about it. But I really liked the feeling that you can hear that the DJ is alive! :)

-----------
"Cheez-It; Get your own box."

Dj FD
Starting Member

Canada
8 posts
Posted - 2003/09/25 :  20:58:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj FD's homepage  Reply with quote
So true, i love when silver does his bit at the end of a set and plays with the volume between words.

Oh and the tune that introduced me to HH was DJ flomo - rave children, thats probably old for you guys but I still love that song. I donno why but I felt like sharing that.

as for the topic at hand I feel that like totally sweet radio, it's best they be 2 different stations.

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/10/01 :  13:39:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm gonna have to say that this is a well wicked idea, though I've lost a tad o' respect for the guy over the years, his show is always a damn good time.

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/10/09 :  05:50:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Frolic will be on next weeks Totally Sweet Radio if anyone is interested.

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/10/09 :  06:11:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh wow! That'll be cool! I'll have to listen in then! I haven't heard Frolic spin since.. last year I believe!

__________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _
Y Don't U get off your arse and get these tracks out instead...

Woxxy

Sweden
142 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/10/22 :  23:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Woxxy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elysium:
A lot of "not the biggest fan"'s here. Oh come on. I think you're all just jealous that he made a lot of money of the H2BHC-series, and you didn't We could use someone like Frolic here in Sweden, cause the scene is definitely dead.

--
Friendship, Unity, Caring, Kindness!

Nah, the scene has never been this alive here in sweden, apprentice ;)
you have to irc more, then you'd know that there are alot of people on #happyhardcore @EFnet

Woxxy - The one and only
http://nettiapuri.net/robbery.php?n=Woxxy

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page