Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Producer giving away free FLP
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  08:47:58  Show profile Send a private message
I wanted to draw some attention to this. It could be a fantastic way for producers to learn about how to do mix downs and structure tracks and samples within Fruity Loops.

Alert moderator
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  14:22:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
fruity loops is shit, and the sub bass sounds all wavey like a paris hilton mix

if you want to hook up your hardware keyboard, and not gets pissed right off with rubbish automation on your VST's your controlling, you want reaper

FL Studio talked long enough about FL12, and all they did was make it look gay

download> https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Guest on 2017/05/08 14:25:30
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  14:29:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
if you record something on your keyboard, which includes automation, you will be able to edit that automation with ease after you have quantized everything in reaper, which is impossible in FL Studio, you can make 1 wrong click and the whole automation will be cleared in the automation event graph windows

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  14:54:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I didn't realise you produced. As a producer myself who is criminally oppressed by the dictatorial limitations of Fruity Loops 9 no less, I'm curious to hear your cutting-edge productions in the clearly superior liberator of creativity that is Reaper. By all means, fire away.

Edited by - Elipton on 2017/05/08 14:55:38
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  15:00:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
im to lazy to produce, reaper is 100% the same as FL Studio, but has alot better midi control, and does'nt look gay, as far as reaper 5 goes, the biggest problem was the piano roll, not scrolling properly when playing and recording

reaper 6 is'nt too old, so that might have been fixed, i have'nt updated mine, i normally just end up making aload of presets

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  15:11:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
Honestly, I feel as though the whole "FL is shit use Ableton/Reaper/Reason" argument is ********. You can make banging tracks no matter what ever the hell DAW or VST's you use. I personally use Acid Pro 7 to arrange my tracks and master then, and I use Modplug as my keyboard/Synthesis program (because I don't have a midi keyboard and honestly I don't give a crud, Modplug let's you use your laptop keyboard for playing notes).

The most recent track I made was a remix of another producers track, and it has got more attention than any of my other tracks. It doesn't matter what you use. You can make bangers either which way.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  15:11:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Well thanks for your ever-valued input, Guest.

Remember kids, use Reaper because it's not 'gay' like Fruity Loops. Another genius quip from the ever productive Guest. Too lazy to produce, but he'll always have time to enlighten us with his opinion on the message boards. Priorities. And trust him, he's an expert at digital workstations. You can tell from all the... umm..

Oh, and if you have any questions about photography, feel free to ask me. I have a nice DSLR that I spend plenty of time looking at to become an expert, but I'm too lazy to take any photos with.

People use Fruity Loops because of it's accessible range, from start-up to experienced producers. It's helped me progress from a total noob to releasing an album and achieving my goals. Since people use it commonly, I posted a helpful resource that will assist people in improving and contributing something to the scene. I'm sorry you felt the need to hijack the thread. If you feel your videos can help someone, there's a 'start thread' button on this site somewhere ;)

Edited by - Elipton on 2017/05/08 15:13:17
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  15:33:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
most drum & bass producers are signed because of what i told them about FL Studio on drum & bass arena and dogs on acid forums, and the same thing with hardcore and the new skool part, alot of tracks use my presets in, and im the 1 of gave new skool kicks a sub bass punch and im the 1 who came out with the formula of dubstep

i know fl studio inside and out

its why i can get these to work and normalize them to -12 RMS

Edited by - Guest on 2017/05/08 15:35:55
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  15:58:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
the bottom line,

if you want to use samples all of your life, use FL Studio, there are already 1000s of tutorials

if you want to become a superstar and begin to use hardware and VSTi's and learn EQ'ing over sidechain compression etc, you want reaper

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  17:56:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
Man, I'm sure confused on how you taught all of these people how to make music and how you invented all of these new elements in music when you're too lazy to even produce, lol. Boy, you must be the guy who invented the hokey pokey as well because I'm sure you lost it : P

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  21:44:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
Man, I'm sure confused on how you taught all of these people how to make music and how you invented all of these new elements in music when you're too lazy to even produce, lol. Boy, you must be the guy who invented the hokey pokey as well because I'm sure you lost it : P

Pretty sure Guest runs Monstercat too

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/09 :  00:46:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:

dubstep was kind of born on drum & bass arena in a late night distortion compitition, back in the day when there was always 200 people posting around the clock

drum & bass died, everyone went to dubstep or hardcore, just putting some distortion on a 808 kick is lame, mainstream is mainstream and everything done right, so you layer 3 kicks, sub/mid/high to make hardcore the bass leader and a bass scene, nobody will care if it does'nt have bass

if you get reaper and mess around, you will find out its the same as FL Studio within a hour, then you can make some tutorials and make some money on youtube, because there are no tutorials for any type of "EDM" except some basic drum & bass

reaper is "free", after the trail you will just get a nag screen everytime you load it up

if you don't have a keyboard, you can get a rubbish axiom air mini 32 for £40, or a axiom air 25 mkII for £80

Edited by - Guest on 2017/05/09 00:54:06
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/09 :  01:42:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
this is the only thing, that will annoy you....

for 4/4 in the piano roll to use drum machines etc, you need to set the grid at the bottom to 1/16 and and notes to grid, so you can double click and add a normal note like on FL Studio beat sequencer

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/09 :  03:06:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
have some shiz

reaper project file download : https://www.mediafire.com/?4yc3vl123ud256c

vsti's needed :

http://distocore-bassdrum-murda-vsti.software.informer.com/1.4/
http://www.vstwarehouse.com/2011/05/trancedrive-v10.html

Edited by - Guest on 2017/05/09 03:29:57
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/05/09 :  03:07:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I use Reaper and I think it's wonderful. It makes me sad to see Guest ruining it's name with his spam.

I also think FL Studio is wonderful and I don't think it matters what you use as long as you get the results you want.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/05/09 :  03:11:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
proper ruining it

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page