Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Dougal and Mickey Skeedale - Look at the stars lyr
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2017/08/25 :  11:57:42  Show profile Send a private message
I was wondering if someone could please put the full lyrics to Dougal and Mickey Skeedale - Look at the stars, theres a bit I cant quite understand what Jenna is singing.

Alert moderator
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/08/25 :  20:35:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
I look at the stars and I think of you,
I wish one day my dreams will come true.
If there was some way you could know,
How I feel 'cos I'm so low.
You make all the difference,
The sunshine in my life.
But now you're gone,
It cuts like a knife.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/08/25 :  20:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
That Skeedale/Innovate phase was awesome. Second coming's what I say.

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2017/08/25 :  22:02:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage
thank you, it was the last line I couldn't quite make out, that's pretty dark! or... that's pretty hardcore (see what I did there?)

i'll get my coat

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/08/26 :  01:11:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
What ever happen to Mickey Skeedale.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/08/26 :  12:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
thank you, it was the last line I couldn't quite make out, that's pretty dark! or... that's pretty hardcore (see what I did there?)

i'll get my coat

I never could make out the last part either.

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2017/08/26 :  21:29:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
Amazing how a tune from 1999 still gets good ratings and noticed! HHC from 1995 to 1999 was awesome in terms of some of the vocal side of things. the only thing I hear from current HHC is rip offs samples from radio pop music...

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2017/08/27 :  19:34:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
What ever happen to Mickey Skeedale.

I have always wondered this, as the comment above said those 90s hardcore tunes still get noticed I was lucky to grow up with them. But Mickey Skeedale, where is he? I wonder if we will ever see him collab with gammer? The tunes he made with Dougal are up there as some of the best.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2017/08/28 :  01:59:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Those Dougal and Skeedale tracks were definitely some defining tracks of the genre. Always fresh originality.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/08/28 :  10:18:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Then he was replaced by gammer and look how that turned out.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2017/08/29 :  01:13:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Hey now, Dougal & Gammer also left a significant stamp on the genre throughout the 2000s. It's a shame how hard the "Dougal & Gammer" frame shattered; is Dougal still even making tracks, or has he gone the ways of Hixxy, Seduction, Brisk, and the other pioneers?

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2017/08/30 :  10:23:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage
Dougal is still making tracks, hasn't he recently been working with Darren Styles? never the less I just wanna know if Mickey Skeedale is about or under an alias.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/08/30 :  11:20:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Hey now, Dougal & Gammer also left a significant stamp on the genre throughout the 2000s. It's a shame how hard the "Dougal & Gammer" frame shattered; is Dougal still even making tracks, or has he gone the ways of Hixxy, Seduction, Brisk, and the other pioneers?

I don't deny it. There is a great legacy of tracks bewtween 2003 and 2011 until they decide to try and destroy it.

johnnygomental
Average Member

United Kingdom
192 posts
Posted - 2017/09/09 :  09:04:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit johnnygomental's homepage
Loved their stuff as a duo and Innovate, best tracks were Innovate, Invinsible, look at the stars and you make me free. A really class period of hardcore

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/10/11 :  19:35:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
[quote]Originally posted by htid_4_life:

I was the same could never make out the last part

i'll get my coat

I never could make out the last part either but super tune all the same, love it! but i like the version on bonkers 6 best, it was actually the only cd i ever had the tune on for years, but now i've heard it on another cd and else were and it sounds slightly different on bonkers 6, to me it sounds better on bonkers 6, anyone else notice this? is the one on bonkers 6 a (bonkers mix) and not stated or something

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/10/11 :  19:40:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
And mickey skeedale did make an appearance in the scene post millenium for a few years between 2003-2005 or 2004-2006, somewhere round that time anyway, and he possibly made a track with gammer, i'm not 100% sure though, but he did a few with dougal (obviously) and a few solo, don't know where he is now, as far as i know he doesn't produce anymore, not hardcore anyway

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page