Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/10/02 :  21:21:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Now you see; MOCKING people IS being a dick.

" push my own agenda"

Yes; God forbid I want to get what I pay for.

Are you joking?

Trippnface, I am being serious. I'm tired of your incessant, non sensical rants about how you are not getting what you pay for based on your non-realistic view of what a hardcore event should be and what the artists should play. Here's an idea you could try out, if Gammer is playing at an event, don't pay for a ticket, don't go, and don't support him. Then the people that do like what he does will do the opposite. Everybody wins.

Hixxy plays a bit of Drum and Bass in his sets, do you suddenly hate him too? Come to think of it so does Breeze, and Styles, and they have done for years, before Gammer did it. Your views are extreme, and this whole thread was setup as another 'lets bitch about Gammer' rant.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  03:42:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, Gammer is the "other side's USH", he's bating people like tripp and they are responding.

To be honest, I don't really mind what Gammer is doing any more. It's fine that he's doing what he likes, but of course I dislike that he calls it Happy Hardcore, but still, it's his own race, and as long as he still occasionally make a track I like, I have even less reason to hate him. As long as he doesn't/stopped saying that this is the future of *insert here* Hardcore a'la Breeze, I won't go nuts :P

And to be honest, I need to tone down on my "hate". Heck, I scared Billy Jump away with my (to be frankly, mild) criticism (without jumping on his person).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2017/10/03 05:30:50
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  15:41:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
Right. I shouldnt buy a ticket to my favorite style of music; because one of the scenes most irrelevent producers gets booked to play shit music.

definitely on me. lol.

dnb?

you mean partly the style that hardcore evolved with; spun at the same tempo? sure... i hear some breakbeat dropped in; sometimes. don't think i have ever heard hixxy or styles drop any neurofunk in their sets though. or liquid. breeze started to after he started making/spinning all that dnb; but that is besides the point; those sets had like no hardcore in them.

i remember in 2011 we drive to la to see breeze and he was dropping all that electrocore. people lost their shit; and many left. we did not recieve the service we paid for .

producers and dj's are not some idol to be worshipped; whos every move should be loved and accepeted. if they want to market a certain product to a certain scene; that product should reflect the values of those it is intended for.

Me stating this very basic and obvious fact is not rude in the slightest.

I'm sure gammer loves more money in his pocket; but time to cut himself a break ands top spinning that music he hates so much for a gorup of people ; by his own admission; he does not like. i fully believe he gets a massive kick out of getting paid to piss off the actual hardcore scene. unless his " depression" is worth the money?
Clearly; our discontent is definitely worth our money; from his perspective.

are you even a little bit trying to imply that is slightly similiar to dropping a disgusting hyphy rap trap song in the middle of a 175+ bpm hardcore set?

you bet your dick that is not what i paid for!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  15:45:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Well, Gammer is the "other side's USH", he's bating people like tripp and they are responding.

To be honest, I don't really mind what Gammer is doing any more. It's fine that he's doing what he likes, but of course I dislike that he calls it Happy Hardcore, but still, it's his own race, and as long as he still occasionally make a track I like, I have even less reason to hate him. As long as he doesn't/stopped saying that this is the future of *insert here* Hardcore a'la Breeze, I won't go nuts :P

And to be honest, I need to tone down on my "hate". Heck, I scared Billy Jump away with my (to be frankly, mild) criticism (without jumping on his person).

I mind; because gammer gets booked at every hardcore show here; he is a massive waste of money and resources; otheer djs worth our time could be getting booked. it never ends. a producer doent get to go " i make music for ME" then ignore the crowd he is playing to. i'm sick of it. i don't bitch about any of the other producers doing the same thing to a certain degree; because none of them push THEIR shitty agenda on us. Gammer doesnt get a free ride.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  15:48:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
quote:
Am I being dick?

Dang; I thought I was just being honest.

I have no problem expressing my honesty :).

Nor do I have a problem appearing " standoffish"

I will continue to reply and respond to Gammer and his egotistical perception that he gets to define " happy hardcore"; and we should just shup up and eat it. If his version of depression consists of having people pay sometimes upwards of a hundred dollars ( gas; hotel; food tickets; etc) to go see a happy hardcore show; and he plays NOT happy hardcore; he deserves every last bit of condemnation thrown at him. How absolutely rude and inconsiderate.

He can make music for HIM all he wants.. when he gets booked to play a very SPECIFIC type of music though; and then proceeds to play NOTHING of the sort; everyone who spent their money for that service has 100% right to speak out.

I don't understand how this is even debate.

Depression arguement is almost laughable.

" This politician ordered the bombing of that city... but he is depressed. let's just leave him alone"

" my buddy stole my ps4 and everything out of my room.. i think he is depressed though.. lets just let it slide"

What absolutely fallicious logic!

You're comparing producing music to genocide and theft. Wow.

you completely missed my point.

It is not the production of Music I am judging or comparing; it is his ( or anyones) pyschological state in believing depression entails CONSCIOUS action of deception or moral degradation.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  19:56:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I'm sure gammer loves more money in his pocket; but time to cut himself a break ands top spinning that music he hates so much for a gorup of people ; by his own admission; he does not like. i fully believe he gets a massive kick out of getting paid to piss off the actual hardcore scene. unless his " depression" is worth the money?

Gammer playing genres outside of Hardcore is something he's well known for. I have no idea why you'd walk into an event and expect a legacy Hardcore set. Have you not heard his sets before? Quackout Qwerkout and various other mixes are a great insight into his style of mixing. Do your research, dude.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/10/03 :  21:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Right. I shouldnt buy a ticket to my favorite style of music; because one of the scenes most irrelevent producers gets booked to play shit music.

definitely on me. lol.

Yep, glad that you've finally managed to acknowledge someone elses point, congratulations!

As a celebration, why don't you go to your imaginary hardcore show where these other 'pure' hardcore artists play exactly what you want, in the order you requested it.

quote:
dnb?

you mean partly the style that hardcore evolved with; spun at the same tempo?

Nope i mean the odd Pendulum track Hixxy will throw in, or the odd jump up track Styles will throw down.

quote:
producers and dj's are not some idol to be worshipped; whos every move should be loved and accepeted. if they want to market a certain product to a certain scene; that product should reflect the values of those it is intended for.

Look at who Gammer is now marketing his music too, it primarily is not the hardcore audience anymore as he is releasing through Monstercat. The hardcore audience hears about his new music through Facebook and slates him just as much as you. This is again illogical since they can just unfollow him and move on with their lives, just as you could.

It's a simple matter of looking the other way and finding other artists that hit that sweet spot for you. You don't have to worship anybody, but you also don't have to be an absolute **** about them either.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/10/04 :  11:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I mind; because gammer gets booked at every hardcore show here; he is a massive waste of money and resources; otheer djs worth our time could be getting booked. it never ends. a producer doent get to go " i make music for ME" then ignore the crowd he is playing to. i'm sick of it. i don't bitch about any of the other producers doing the same thing to a certain degree; because none of them push THEIR shitty agenda on us. Gammer doesnt get a free ride.

Complains about Gammer playing different genres other than hardcore after being depressed for such a long time

Wishes old school producers would throw more concerts and play "pure" hardcore

Old school producers and djs such as DJ Brisk (whom I dearly look up to, he's a sweet, down to earth guy) plays other genres other than happy hardcore and "pure" hardcore. Even playing speedcore, a rather looked down upon genre.

You just have to realise, my dude, that even some of the oldschool producers and djs want to move on. Because after a while, it starts getting boring playing "luv u more" over and over for 25 years.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  06:23:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
That hasn't stopped Paul Estak

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  13:08:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
That hasn't stopped Paul Estak

Well to be fair, that's one his most important accomplishments as a producer/DJ. That track is literally his baby : p

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  14:18:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

definitely on me. lol.

Yep, glad that you've finally managed to acknowledge someone elses point, congratulations!

As a celebration, why don't you go to your imaginary hardcore show where these other 'pure' hardcore artists play exactly what you want, in the order you requested it.

quote:
dnb?

you mean partly the style that hardcore evolved with; spun at the same tempo?

Nope i mean the odd Pendulum track Hixxy will throw in, or the odd jump up track Styles will throw down.

quote:

Look at who Gammer is now marketing his music too, it primarily is not the hardcore audience anymore as he is releasing through Monstercat. The hardcore audience hears about his new music through Facebook and slates him just as much as you. This is again illogical since they can just unfollow him and move on with their lives, just as you could.

It's a simple matter of looking the other way and finding other artists that hit that sweet spot for you. You don't have to worship anybody, but you also don't have to be an absolute **** about them either.

Get ****ed :)

"Look at who Gammer is now marketing his music too, it primarily is not the hardcore audience anymore as he is releasing through Monstercat. The hardcore audience hears about his new music through Facebook and slates him just as much as you"

So he should stop playing HTID; and they should stop booking him.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/10/05 14:25:26
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  14:23:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Gammer playing genres outside of Hardcore is something he's well known for. I have no idea why you'd walk into an event and expect a legacy Hardcore set. Have you not heard his sets before? Quackout Qwerkout and various other mixes are a great insight into his style of mixing. Do your research, dude.

besides the hot mixing; i was already over gammers stiyle at the qwerkout point. plenty of people were. that is why he thought he could mx and mash anywhere and everybody would drool. it all got to his head. speak to some other uk hardcore producers dj's and lots of them will say gammer is pretty much a dick. didnt hear "depressed" or " sad" .

Hilarious I am getting treated like the only one who is sick of hearing shit music at hardcore shows; when it reality; over 80% of those I speak to absolutely cannot stand gammer and styles. they just want them to go away; with their fake hardcore style. not many people like speaking up though,.. I sure do!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  14:35:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:
quote:

Complains about Gammer playing different genres other than hardcore after being depressed for such a long time

Old school producers and djs such as DJ Brisk (whom I dearly look up to, he's a sweet, down to earth guy) plays other genres other than happy hardcore and "pure" hardcore. Even playing speedcore, a rather looked down upon genre.

You just have to realise, my dude, that even some of the oldschool producers and djs want to move on. Because after a while, it starts getting boring playing "luv u more" over and over for 25 years.

can you link me where brisk started playing speedcore in the middle of a hardcore set?

maybe some gabber at the end?

"plays other genres other than happy hardcore and "pure" hardcore. Even playing speedcore, a rather looked down upon genre."

they can do thay all they want... when they dont get booked; to play; and hundreds of people pay for; happy hardcore.

i am so confused why you think customers should not get what they pay for. i go to a happy hardcore party to hear happy hardcore. thats it.

Could have sworn I already states moving on is not the problem; it is them wanting to move on; but STAYING in the same place.

Re - con got it.... so did ham....... so did Spor... and Ewun.... and Pendulum.....

how much hate do they get ? zero.

because they changed their name and style ; to present it to the proper crowd; because they actually respect themselves and their fans.

25 years is a long time for sure; bit if you are losing the passion; that doesnt mean everyone else is; nor do they need or want new implementations for " keeping it fresh"... which they apparently can barely concieve of what that honestly means anymore.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  18:48:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

besides the hot mixing; i was already over gammers stiyle at the qwerkout point. plenty of people were. that is why he thought he could mx and mash anywhere and everybody would drool. it all got to his head. speak to some other uk hardcore producers dj's and lots of them will say gammer is pretty much a dick. didnt hear "depressed" or " sad" .

Hilarious I am getting treated like the only one who is sick of hearing shit music at hardcore shows; when it reality; over 80% of those I speak to absolutely cannot stand gammer and styles. they just want them to go away; with their fake hardcore style. not many people like speaking up though,.. I sure do!

There's no love lost between me and Gammer, but your arguments are simply unfair.

You've said he's deliberately been a dick under the guise of depression.

You've drawn his mixing parallel to war crimes.

You've said you're angry at hearing a mixed genre set from a producer you lost interest in back in 2014 yet expected something with no basis.

If you're not a fan, don't listen. If you're not a fan, don't attend. If you're not a fan, go support someone of whom you are a fan.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/10/05 :  22:16:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:
quote:

can you link me where brisk started playing speedcore in the middle of a hardcore set?

maybe some gabber at the end?

"plays other genres other than happy hardcore and "pure" hardcore. Even playing speedcore, a rather looked down upon genre."

they can do thay all they want... when they dont get booked; to play; and hundreds of people pay for; happy hardcore.

i am so confused why you think customers should not get what they pay for. i go to a happy hardcore party to hear happy hardcore. thats it.

Could have sworn I already states moving on is not the problem; it is them wanting to move on; but STAYING in the same place.

Re - con got it.... so did ham....... so did Spor... and Ewun.... and Pendulum.....

how much hate do they get ? zero.

because they changed their name and style ; to present it to the proper crowd; because they actually respect themselves and their fans.

25 years is a long time for sure; bit if you are losing the passion; that doesnt mean everyone else is; nor do they need or want new implementations for " keeping it fresh"... which they apparently can barely concieve of what that honestly means anymore.

The Brisk Selection, 2nd July 2017 - Part 2 - SoundCloud<br>
Listen to The Brisk Selection, 2nd July 2017 - Part 2 by djbrisk #np on #SoundCloud<br>
https://soundcloud.com/djbrisk/the-brisk-selection-20

51:10, bro. Clear as Crystal. I would associate anything over 215 bpm to be speedcore.

And besides. "Losing the passion"? The scene isn't losing the passion. You're just too damn picky to accept any of the new hardcore coming out because you're too busy stick being in the golden days, lol. Go to bandcamp, beatpirt, teackitdown, etc. Ali for a few hours. I'm certain even with the new age and new production standards, the you'll find many tracks that still carry the passion that happy hardcore and uk hardcore has 10 years ago. I promise you, mate.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page