Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New 'StillThe One' Remix - Dj Dougal??
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Gonzo0

United Kingdom
51 posts
Posted - 2018/02/20 :  19:41:56  Show profile Send a private message
https://soundcloud.com/george-clarke-941177061/dougal-hixxy-westfest-2017

From 42:00 onwards....just wow!! epic production on an absolute banger of a track.

Anyone know when/if it's released? First time I've heard it so must be one of Dougals newest tracks.

Alert moderator
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/02/20 :  20:59:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Probably Dougal & styles if I had to guess.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/20 :  22:09:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Probably Dougal & styles if I had to guess.

Wasn?t it Dougal & Styles was part of that tune on the Hardcore Till I Die 2 CD.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  07:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
One of my all time favourite hardcore tracks and the remix does it justice, wow! Dougal and Stonebank (modulate) on the remix I believe.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  08:22:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Still to this day it?s a fab tune just wish I still had the Hardcore Till I Die 2 CD.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  08:30:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I have the original unmixed and I either bought it digitally or it was on an album, not sure which to be honest.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  11:27:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
quote:
I have the original unmixed and I either bought it digitally or it was on an album, not sure which to be honest.

It was on 25 years of Dougal under their "United in Dance" alias, which I'm pretty sure was Dougal and styles, don't remember if Gammer was also a part of that group.

Edited by - PecheyTheLizard on 2018/02/21 11:28:31
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  12:23:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
First time I'm hearing this. The vocal section is absolutely stunning. But the drop onwards is difficult to get on with. I'm not a fan of the new electro-screechy things. Unbelievably crude and overbearing sound. It can be used to good effect in moderation but it's in a lot of modern tracks now. Seems to have replaced the nice synthy riffs and pads. Seems to be popular though, so why not eh! No need for producers to be catering to the likes of me, and people like me, who are coming to the end of their journey with Hardcore.

As everyone has said, the original is absolutely fcuking monstrous and typifies everything about Hardcore that a lot of us fell in love with. Glorious track and a genuine Premier League classic.

A favourite raving memory of all time of mine is belting this out with Ben Claxton on the first night of HTID In The Sun 2015. Unbridled euphoric magic.

quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:

It was on 25 years of Dougal under their "United in Dance" alias, which I'm pretty sure was Dougal and styles, don't remember if Gammer was also a part of that group.

United In Dance is all three of 'em; Styles, Doogs n Gams.

I believe I have my unmixed version from the History of Hardcore album. I have the physical CD but I think it came out on TrackItDown for a period, when it was first released, and everything was unmixed.

https://www.discogs.com/Sy-Dougal-Slipmatt-Billy-Bunter-Hardcore-The-Classics-1994-2009/release/1556286

If anyone would like the track and can't get it from download stores let me know.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2018/02/21 12:24:59
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  12:49:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
The original was released on vinyl and as others have mentioned it is available digitally. There was a Gammer remix from around 2007 which is also available digitally. My favourite was the Re-con remix which was on Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 1, that was sadly never released.

Re Jay?s comments, I?m with you on that. Generally, not a fan of the new screechy sound that seems to be quite popular these days, but on this occasion I can make an exception. The breakdown and vocal bring a lot of good memories back.

Gonzo0

United Kingdom
51 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  12:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gonzo0's homepage
Agree vocals are stunning, love the guitar over the top.

I think we have to accept it's no longer 2006 and this is the new sound (at least for now). I do like the new electro sound, much better than 'dubcore'. I think it's more 'maturity' to the hardcore sound.

I'm sure I could play this new track to my 'non hardcore' friends and they would love, if only for those vocals....god damnnnn!

Dougal and Stonebank....take a bow on this one.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  14:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Not bad actually but not quite the original!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  14:12:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
New sound?

Kazoos have been done to death since like 2014.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2018/02/21 14:13:12
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/02/21 :  17:43:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
New sound?

yea, you nailed it with the kazoocore conmment lol. such a boring sound imo

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/02/22 :  15:33:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
New sound?

That is a great term!

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2018/06/09 :  15:14:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
Yeah not as good as the original which was amazing but this new remix is alright.

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2018/06/14 :  00:13:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage
*edit* nothing to see here... move along.

Edited by - Entity on 2018/06/14 00:16:30

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page