of 24

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  21:36:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
see below

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2019/01/04 22:31:40
DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  21:36:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay, i?m pretty sure iv got a WAV of the rush hour rmx...no vinyl rip before u ask! Shout if I can be of assistance!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  21:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Upload and dm! Expect acclaim 🤣

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  21:59:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Honestly, it's so thankless and difficult doing projects in this vein. Something in a catalogue 20 years old is inevitably going to be lost or unclearable. Did anyone see people openly discussing "sharing" the cost of the bundle with others? Metrics and fiscal returns matter ; our ability to rescue this stuff is directly linked to demonstrable results in order to then facilitate further rescue efforts. Ffs 😂

A year of work restoring, sorting, clearing and identifying an artists *life's* work, (largely unavailable in the digital domain until now) isn't worth 50p or less a track? 🤔

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2019/01/04 22:14:05
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  22:02:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
JAy, do you know what version of The Rave Theme these are?
They dont sound like the one that got re-released on a Makina release (the 2nd half sounds very different).
The one on CD2 seems to be the 'Ard As Nails mix, not the original

Vinylgroover - Tonight's The Night (Brisk Remix) has a small glitch around 3:00
Vinylgroover - Always & Forever" has one just at the start (~2 seconds in)

Edited by - Samination on 2019/01/04 22:33:00
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  22:34:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I would have like to have seen Calypso Summer but this collection is just SO MUCH WIN!!

So. Much. Win.

CDJay, you sir are an utter legend and more!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  22:40:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Much appreciated. I needed this up on Boxing day and have spent every waking hour since getting it to release 😂

Enjoy ; it's genuinely a treasure trove imo. Real high...

CDJay

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  23:01:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage  Reply with quote
not thankless. I couldn't be more excited about this and extremely grateful. I have wanted a full length version of the bonkers remix of All I need is love. 2019 I finally can! Only been after it since 1999

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  23:18:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
*curtseys*

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/01/04 :  23:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It's VERY impressive.

Purchase incoming

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  00:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Saw people discussing it for sure, after I had purchased for myself (solo), but I couldn't have morally 'gone in' on a bundle with others even after the idea had been floated in front of me, no matter how tempting it is considering money constraints.

Without sounding too brownnosey HU and VG deserve every penny.

I hinted towards it perhaps not being something that was morally right...but I'm done calling people out on it, as I brought it up on the vibes and hatrix thing as well, that I don't see how the artists can be 'happy' with people going in on a bundle; where one person pays ?100 for 4 people, instead of 4 people each paying ?100
but I was widely derided for it XD

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  00:40:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It's crowd funded piracy, on a back catalogue. Shiver a timber, expect palm trees to remain in the tropics 😂

I find it stunning people haven't worked out this is Last Chance Saloon territory. It 'ain't gonna happen organically, or it already would have.

CDJay

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  01:33:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
I definitely have the VG remix of 'Rush Hour' on digital. I got it from Bananaman on some promo Fade and Bananaman CD he was given away at the HU vs Elation gig back in 2013.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  07:04:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Saw people discussing it for sure, after I had purchased for myself (solo), but I couldn't have morally 'gone in' on a bundle with others even after the idea had been floated in front of me, no matter how tempting it is considering money constraints.

Without sounding too brownnosey HU and VG deserve every penny.

I hinted towards it perhaps not being something that was morally right...but I'm done calling people out on it, as I brought it up on the vibes and hatrix thing as well, that I don't see how the artists can be 'happy' with people going in on a bundle; where one person pays ?100 for 4 people, instead of 4 people each paying ?100
but I was widely derided for it XD

You were derided because they explicitly said it was OK to do it. Same as with Ham (I found both of these surprising, to be honest) We have the opposite with HU who are taking what I would assume to be the default/normal stance on it - no ones model has ever been 'give it to your mates' until now. I'm assuming we're all talking about the same conversation, I found it ridiculous that Ham/V&H stance was being used as justification for doing it with this one.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/01/05 :  07:51:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I much prefer this model tbh. While the Sharkey one was a little of a misstep, we knew to an extend what we were going to get in the end (an extensive backcat).

And these bundles aren't locked behind the "100 that decided to cash in", compared to H/V&HT, so I hope these restoration bundles catches on better than the Exclusive horseshit "For the true hardcore lovers" bundles...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 24 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 20  21  22  23  24
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 3.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page