Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  09:36:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
SILVER SAN!! I shall have to recruit you here in brisbane for a HHC set! What do you charge an hour? We need hardcore!!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  21:18:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Heist: sure no problem, email me the details silver@happyhardcore.com

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/09/19 :  03:35:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Well even though I'm at college in San Luis Obispo where I can see absolutely no signs of a rave scene, back in my home region of Sacramento Simon Apex puts on an all hardcore party once a month. And it really is all hardcore except for maybe 1 hard nrg/trance dj that rocks the party anyways (DJ Dragn'fly). Last month we had ron d core playing old skool and bangin techno and dj dummy and mc verbal from seattle as special guests, with simon apex doing a live pa of his new shit. This month? The one and only DJ Sharkey as well as a live pa from Dionysus, the creator of Romantek records. Along with 12 other hardcore dj's including simon apex, lostboy from LA, dj starr from arizona, amber from the bay area, and a bunch of local hardcore dj's, this makes it the fifth incredible norcal party in simon's smile series. I totally take it for granted I know cause even though I caught the last one on august 25 I'm already getting party withdrawl (*can't control the urge! must dance to loud hardcore now!*). But hardcore is definitely getting noticed up in norcal cause at every party I've been to the number of dancing ravers at least doubles when a hardcore dj comes on and when a trance or house dj comes on the floor clears up pretty good. Hopefully hardcore will get it's day all over the US cause there is no way the scene is shrinking if it gets the everlasting support of a great hardcore dj like simon apex. Not kissing his ass either, cause he just loves hardcore and has worked his ass off to bring all that he can to the hardcore kids of california. And for all the ravers out there, support all your local scenes because unlike mainstream ******** that is overseen my greedy corporations, the underground scenes and djs are there for the love of the music and the fans. Oops. Almost turned into a rant there. Hardcore forever

-Lixx

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/20 :  00:18:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
sounds like you got a kik azz scene over there. im goin to a hardcore party on saturday in toronto. yay!!! it was moved from a closer location to me. damn. its locals. grimace vs dominik, but hey...nuff respect. . its ok if you rant now and then, it just shows your passion for the music.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/20 :  03:10:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore is kicking it all over the world ATM!

b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/09/20 :  11:01:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage  Reply with quote
i read the post about happy hardcore going from the great breaks, light, and bouncy sound to a sorta trancy hard sound. personaly this upsets me greatly as I love the old happy hardcore sound. I really hope that some of the artists keep their stuff old school, or at least when they release a trancy track release an old school happy track alongside it. It saddens me to think that happy hardcore is evolving into yet another trance sound.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/20 :  22:32:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
b10: not everything coming out is trancy, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Although the promo I have of "power of love 2001" remix is very trancy.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/22 :  01:50:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
i would love to see a heavy lean back to the BREAKS!!! the speed of it all, with the breaks is whats hooked me fer life.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

DjGAV

Australia
46 posts
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  08:11:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjGAV's homepage  Reply with quote
YEAH FOR SURE. THE RAVE SCENE IN SYDNEY HAS GONE 'BOOM'. THERE IS STILL THE MAJORITY OF RAVERS GOING FOR THE HARDCORE BUT THERE IS AN INCREASING NUMBER OF TRANCE AND HARD HOUSE FANS COMING TO THE RAVES, WHICH HAVE PRIMARALY BEEN FOR HARDCORE. NOW INSTEAD OF PPL SAYING ' ****ING SICK ANTHEMS BY FENIX OR WHOEVER' THERE IS OTHER COMMENTS SAYING HOW GOOD BEXTA'S TRANCE WAS. I AM NOT CRITISIZING, I THINK ITS AWESOME FOR RAVERS TO EXPAND THEIR MUSIC TASTES BUT I JUST THINK IT'S DISRESPECTFUL TO THE ROOTS OF SYDNEYS RAVE SCENE...THE HAPPYHARDCORE SCENE. I GUESS I JUST LIKE THE UNDERGROUND SHIT.
ANYONE GOING TO BACK 2 BASICS??

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  21:31:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
DjGAV: Don't post in all caps

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  10:52:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm in Chicago and I can honestly say that the scene here is AWFUL where Happy Hardcore is concerned :( :( :(

I moved here from Arizona where there was a sign of HHC LIFE, but people in Chi simply don't book HHC djs for parties.

As for other genres, it's cool. I see a lot of good djs quite frequently, and the 18+ crowd gets to see a lot of internations djs at concerts.

Any ideas where I can get my HappyCore fix being in a land of House?

P.L.U.R!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  21:55:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
huggablez420: if you build it your scene will come...

I recommend you start your own little parties.

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  15:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks silver! That not only made me laugh, but really got me thinkin'...

I'll keep you posted on my progress bringing Happy Hardcore to Chicago, BIG!

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

P.L.U.R!

Trancehedd
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  16:50:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Me, I dont give a **** about the scene in derby cos its all just towny music that these people are going out and buying by the dozen. A few of us still love Hardcore as much as ever so long as it aint too cheezy cos hardcore is what dance is all about at the end of the day along with any other kind of decent techno. Garage is still dominating as well but anyone with any sense dumps on it from a great height (or at least dont buy it) cos its pants but dont even get me started.... Oh yeah, looks like helter skelter is returning soon theyve got a new-look website so fingers Xed. respect

Lets get together and unite cos nothings going to stop us now

Hardcore
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2001/09/29 :  18:26:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the hhc scene here in oregon is just starting to take off...we are finally starting to have a few all hhc parties....and we have a few hhc djs that call the nw home...

I like the beats that go BOOM!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page