Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU - This Sound Is Hardcore Underground - Info

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
sterichie26 Just wanting to know if anyone has bought this yet ? There are a few tracks in particular on this album that are of particular interest and im wanting to know if the updated versions of them are any good in your opinion, as i cant seem to find any previews/ samples anywhere.

Fracus - All night (2017 update)
Darwin - Coming Off The Wall (2017 update)
Darwin Feat. pearl Blue - Dont be lonely (2017 Update)
Fracus & Darwin. Feat Drew Flanagan - Only One Of Me (2017 Update)

Or if anyone know where i can get hold some samples/ previews i would be really grateful,

thanks,
Vladel I asked them to check what was unreleased but received no answer so I didn?t buy it
kazukism92 Fruck, I was doing to order today, BUT... I went run out of money at PayPal (for a f**king dollar!).

I heard that project was ready in end 2017, but projects and delays, the album didn't happen, until now. Also, I heard that will be shipped on May 11st... is this right?
trippnface yea some of those updates are def tempting, but i think i own everything else so prob not worth the swoop
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by sterichie26:
Just wanting to know if anyone has bought this yet ? There are a few tracks in particular on this album that are of particular interest and im wanting to know if the updated versions of them are any good in your opinion, as i cant seem to find any previews/ samples anywhere.
\

That is what keeps me from buying so quickly. I have to hunt down all these previews, and some aren't available. I wish they would go back to providing samples for their albums (or make some sort of youtube trailer/preview). Some of us don't live in a scene where any Hardcore is played as it is, so it's impossible to place a track heard at a recent event to a title on a CD track list.
GrahamC I'm buying it from Amazon since I will get next day delivery and staff discount + it's ?8.50 cheaper than buying from HU direct when you factor in postage (albeit no individual downloads).
CDJay Okay, to clarify (this really does need clarifying, too)

This project was *initially* designed to "grease the skids" for another higher profile compilation album series due end of 2017.

Unfortunately, this fell apart so we panicked and did HH4 instead. We'd already put This Sound Is Hardcore Underground into SRD's system but couldn't justify losing money, whilst paying upfront for 1000s of units, without a worthwhile end game.

So, instead, we did HH4 until we could work out what to do next and whether the other album might still happen. When it became increasingly clear that there was no longer any possible way to justify loss leading a scene which refuses to work together, in any meaningful way, towards any common goal, we inverted it from a high run mainstream baiting project to a collectible core audience targetted one. We've only pressed 500, which is the lowest run of any main HU series album by a long way.

If you order from Amazon, you *won't* get it, so please don't. I'll see if there's some way of retracting from sale (although there is little doubt that this series of events means we'll never see a hardcore compilation through mainstream vendors again. Good work, scene!).

I'll see about getting some clips put up; in addition to various behind the scenes horrors we've recently had a close family bereavement, tens of thousands of pounds of uninsured damage to equipment, I essentially finally had a breakdown for the first three months of the year, and all the while have been operating in a scene that truly does deserve to die. I've come off Facebook as I can no longer bear to watch stupid people continue to do stupid things over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.... Whilst clapping like brain-damaged infants presented with sparkles.

We're still trying to work out exactly what we want to do, going forward, but it's safe to say we're far more interested in satiating our base and doing things *we* want and *we* are proud of rather than supporting people who a) don't appreciate it b) never reciprocate c) are self and collective sabotaging idiots

CDJay

GrahamC I'll bin the Amazon order (its a shame, the machine learning put it on my front page and probably countless others)

However, if that had gone through I would have got it for ?8.99 delivered, I don't really think I want to pay ?6 more plus shipping, digital assets or not so it's a pass from me this time.
CDJay That's absolutely fair enough; it was designed to be a sort of introduction to casuals (who will now only ever see this in digital form, presumably) more than anything else. It will be available as a digital only item once stock is sufficiently depleted... which is already pretty much the case, and the physicals ship.

CDJay
arpz I bought it, I'll include some in a mix at some point (don't hold your breath too long) but I think to call them updates rather than remixes is a fair assessment. Personally I think it's worth the price of admission, the Wonderful world remix is spiffing :)

Vladel I?m not going to pay top whack when half has been released already
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I?m not going to pay top whack when half has been released already

*throws his sharkey collection at vladel*
kazukism92 Played few tracks, few updates, few remixes, few of everything.

****ing worth it, kinda like the Best of Hardcore Underground, but in the actual sound. Is neat.

PS: All Night Update does cut in the end, instead to have a decent end, just a detail.

EDIT: idiotic question, physical release?
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
I?m not going to pay top whack when half has been released already

*throws his sharkey collection at vladel*

I bought the sharkey collection because the great majority was unreleased and there?s some proven must have tracks which is different entirely.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Played few tracks, few updates, few remixes, few of everything.

****ing worth it, kinda like the Best of Hardcore Underground, but in the actual sound. Is neat.

PS: All Night Update does cut in the end, instead to have a decent end, just a detail.

EDIT: idiotic question, physical release?

Physical release is shipping Mid May (15th is current delivery date). It's pretty

CDJay
CDJay Just a side note; this was as much a "does anyone give a shit about what we do and what we want to do" as anything. It's been a genuinely traumatic 18 months (we got HH1 greeted by a scene meet we weren't even invited to, then undermined by our supposed peers) and a scant 12 months later got the Ganar thing and even worse by the same outfit with as much support as a bra made from dark matter.

We've always said we want to fight for our audience; given that we're in a scene that literally marked us for death Dec 2016, as we put out 3 HH albums *and* a Sharkey album, now the rest of that same scene have also thrown us out for Captain Kangaroo..... it's put up or shut up time. I have a load of useful albums lined up, give me a reason to do 'em

(hugz also accepted)

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
... I have a load of useful albums lined up, give me a reason to do 'em

(hugz also accepted)

CDJay

Because I will buy them and I love you.
CDJay That's all we need. They can 160bpm their timid hearts away hoping for magic bonbons.

We're working on 4beat cool shit. **** them with their tainted sword.

CDJay

kazukism92
quote:
I have a load of useful albums lined up, give me a reason to do 'em

(hugz also accepted)

CDJay

If I have to go to UK, I'll looking you and all the HU team and hug them and give pats.

(Pats for the HU team, HU needs love :D).
Sadly I'm a Chilean who loves Happy Hardcore and tries to get a catch to the public on it.

I can give my personal reasons, sometimes to I do possible to get epic stuff, that makes you move and motivate, different than the radio charts (and who listen radio right now). And this stuff is more than 10... an infinite. Really guys, have the magic to do the possible to the impossible things. It cost so much but well, really take care what does wants the fans.

BTW, leave me in bankrupt as always (or try it, I live making strategy) xD.

PS: This Sound Is Hardcore Underground is lit.
PS2: It could be more iconic if I get a signed copy :D... so please CDJay, bring the royal touch <3 <3
PecheyTheLizard Jay, you'll always have my support. Hardcore underground has always been my go to for fresh tunes since I joined the scene 6 years ago and I have been devoted to getting as many albums as you and the crew have put together and released. The Hardcore Heavens marked a time for amazing tunes and good vibes with top notch production. Who cares what the hell these old school guys think, if they think these albums are the end of HU then they are as much a fool as anyone who gives up on ANY scene

Thank you to HU for making my boring little Ohio town that much better and bringing so much energy into my life! Peace out!

Johnscardy They can keep their 160 "happy hardcore"/hardstyle...

i know they have plans of world domination. But personally I think HU will be better off for not being associated with it in the long run.

As the name suggests, HU is where you get your Underground Hardcore from!
trippnface Let's just take it up to 180 for good.
Vladel Who is on about making it 160bpm?
trippnface
quote:
Who is on about making it 160bpm?

oh man, did you miss that huge fb fiasco haha.
CDJay People who literally learned *nothing* from the dubcore debacle.

CDJay
djDMS ....but they're taking the music in a whole new direction.

*Sigh*
warped_candykid I'm just waiting for that Happy Hardcore Underground 2 & Stompy album
CDJay Stompy album is actually essentially done, and is in the next batch of Cds!

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
Stompy album is actually essentially done, and is in the next batch of Cds!

CDJay

:0
kazukism92
quote:

CDJay

Oh you CDJay.
Impulse_Response
quote:

CDJay

I hope you are ready to receive my money.
warped_candykid
quote:

CDJay

*chucks wallet at your face*
GrahamC See, Stompy album, that i'd buy and throw in TSIHU as it wouldn't cost me any more to ship
PecheyTheLizard I don't know stompy too well (didn't get into the scene until about 6 years ago, I missed out) but I'll definitely get to know him now!
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
I don't know stompy too well (didn't get into the scene until about 6 years ago, I missed out) but I'll definitely get to know him now!

One of my fav tracks!

PecheyTheLizard Oooh! I like it!

Now I'm looking forward to this album if most of the tunes will sound like that!
Captain Triceps This is my favourite by far:
martinj1985 Hope this happens, loved his track on bonkers x!

sterichie26 Anyone know where i can hear previews of the 2017 Updates from the "this sound is hardcore underground" album ? or any chance someone could post the clips up anywhere ? Just wanna hear them before making the purchase.

thanks.
kazukism92
quote:
Anyone know where i can hear previews of the 2017 Updates from the "this sound is hardcore underground" album ? or any chance someone could post the clips up anywhere ? Just wanna hear them before making the purchase.

thanks.

Just do it... I just imagine with the actual F&D sound and mentally, sounds glorious but when you hear it... it more than glorious, EPIC AS HEAVEN.
CDJay
quote:
Anyone know where i can hear previews of the 2017 Updates from the "this sound is hardcore underground" album ? or any chance someone could post the clips up anywhere ? Just wanna hear them before making the purchase.

thanks.

I'll get this done, over the weekend

CDJay
Craigavon raver Think i have nearly all the tracks myself on various complilations as i own near every hu cd, but i just ordered my copy of this , another 1 for the collection plus mixed in a different way
kazukism92 Very off and very late but, any SouthAmerican that never receive yet the album?. Having some issues here :(.
CDJay Dm me, it was despatched eons ago

(you can still download the digital assets, though!)

CDJay

It took 2.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page