Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU - This Sound Is Hardcore Underground - Info
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
sterichie26

United Kingdom
470 posts
Posted - 2018/05/01 :  19:50:35  Show profile Send a private message
Just wanting to know if anyone has bought this yet ? There are a few tracks in particular on this album that are of particular interest and im wanting to know if the updated versions of them are any good in your opinion, as i cant seem to find any previews/ samples anywhere.

Fracus - All night (2017 update)
Darwin - Coming Off The Wall (2017 update)
Darwin Feat. pearl Blue - Dont be lonely (2017 Update)
Fracus & Darwin. Feat Drew Flanagan - Only One Of Me (2017 Update)

Or if anyone know where i can get hold some samples/ previews i would be really grateful,

thanks,

Alert moderator
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/05/01 :  21:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I asked them to check what was unreleased but received no answer so I didn?t buy it

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2018/05/01 :  23:09:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
Fruck, I was doing to order today, BUT... I went run out of money at PayPal (for a f**king dollar!).

I heard that project was ready in end 2017, but projects and delays, the album didn't happen, until now. Also, I heard that will be shipped on May 11st... is this right?

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  01:03:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
yea some of those updates are def tempting, but i think i own everything else so prob not worth the swoop

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,931 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  03:32:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sterichie26:
Just wanting to know if anyone has bought this yet ? There are a few tracks in particular on this album that are of particular interest and im wanting to know if the updated versions of them are any good in your opinion, as i cant seem to find any previews/ samples anywhere.
\

That is what keeps me from buying so quickly. I have to hunt down all these previews, and some aren't available. I wish they would go back to providing samples for their albums (or make some sort of youtube trailer/preview). Some of us don't live in a scene where any Hardcore is played as it is, so it's impossible to place a track heard at a recent event to a title on a CD track list.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2018/05/02 03:37:06
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  11:21:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
I'm buying it from Amazon since I will get next day delivery and staff discount + it's ?8.50 cheaper than buying from HU direct when you factor in postage (albeit no individual downloads).

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  12:14:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Okay, to clarify (this really does need clarifying, too)

This project was *initially* designed to "grease the skids" for another higher profile compilation album series due end of 2017.

Unfortunately, this fell apart so we panicked and did HH4 instead. We'd already put This Sound Is Hardcore Underground into SRD's system but couldn't justify losing money, whilst paying upfront for 1000s of units, without a worthwhile end game.

So, instead, we did HH4 until we could work out what to do next and whether the other album might still happen. When it became increasingly clear that there was no longer any possible way to justify loss leading a scene which refuses to work together, in any meaningful way, towards any common goal, we inverted it from a high run mainstream baiting project to a collectible core audience targetted one. We've only pressed 500, which is the lowest run of any main HU series album by a long way.

If you order from Amazon, you *won't* get it, so please don't. I'll see if there's some way of retracting from sale (although there is little doubt that this series of events means we'll never see a hardcore compilation through mainstream vendors again. Good work, scene!).

I'll see about getting some clips put up; in addition to various behind the scenes horrors we've recently had a close family bereavement, tens of thousands of pounds of uninsured damage to equipment, I essentially finally had a breakdown for the first three months of the year, and all the while have been operating in a scene that truly does deserve to die. I've come off Facebook as I can no longer bear to watch stupid people continue to do stupid things over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.... Whilst clapping like brain-damaged infants presented with sparkles.

We're still trying to work out exactly what we want to do, going forward, but it's safe to say we're far more interested in satiating our base and doing things *we* want and *we* are proud of rather than supporting people who a) don't appreciate it b) never reciprocate c) are self and collective sabotaging idiots

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  14:44:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
I'll bin the Amazon order (its a shame, the machine learning put it on my front page and probably countless others)

However, if that had gone through I would have got it for ?8.99 delivered, I don't really think I want to pay ?6 more plus shipping, digital assets or not so it's a pass from me this time.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  15:41:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
That's absolutely fair enough; it was designed to be a sort of introduction to casuals (who will now only ever see this in digital form, presumably) more than anything else. It will be available as a digital only item once stock is sufficiently depleted... which is already pretty much the case, and the physicals ship.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/05/02 :  22:19:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
I bought it, I'll include some in a mix at some point (don't hold your breath too long) but I think to call them updates rather than remixes is a fair assessment. Personally I think it's worth the price of admission, the Wonderful world remix is spiffing :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/05/03 :  17:00:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I?m not going to pay top whack when half has been released already

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/05/03 :  19:13:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

*throws his sharkey collection at vladel*

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2018/05/04 :  07:55:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
Played few tracks, few updates, few remixes, few of everything.

****ing worth it, kinda like the Best of Hardcore Underground, but in the actual sound. Is neat.

PS: All Night Update does cut in the end, instead to have a decent end, just a detail.

EDIT: idiotic question, physical release?

Edited by - kazukism92 on 2018/05/04 07:58:47
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/05/04 :  10:35:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

*throws his sharkey collection at vladel*

I bought the sharkey collection because the great majority was unreleased and there?s some proven must have tracks which is different entirely.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/04 :  11:33:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Played few tracks, few updates, few remixes, few of everything.

****ing worth it, kinda like the Best of Hardcore Underground, but in the actual sound. Is neat.

PS: All Night Update does cut in the end, instead to have a decent end, just a detail.

EDIT: idiotic question, physical release?

Physical release is shipping Mid May (15th is current delivery date). It's pretty

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2018/05/04 11:34:00
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/04 :  21:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Just a side note; this was as much a "does anyone give a shit about what we do and what we want to do" as anything. It's been a genuinely traumatic 18 months (we got HH1 greeted by a scene meet we weren't even invited to, then undermined by our supposed peers) and a scant 12 months later got the Ganar thing and even worse by the same outfit with as much support as a bra made from dark matter.

We've always said we want to fight for our audience; given that we're in a scene that literally marked us for death Dec 2016, as we put out 3 HH albums *and* a Sharkey album, now the rest of that same scene have also thrown us out for Captain Kangaroo..... it's put up or shut up time. I have a load of useful albums lined up, give me a reason to do 'em

(hugz also accepted)

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page