Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Recon at the Grammys

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rafferty One dj who is definitely missed from Hardcore is Recon. It appears he has really made a big name for himself being part of an edm type act called Camelphat in the House scene.
With an appearance at the Grammys.

Si Thompson Great to see! I've always been a fan of Recon's work, so it's good to see him getting recognition for the music.
DJ_FunDaBounce Interviewer seems to think they've been in the game for just a year? lol!
trippnface eh, i guess do what you gotta do.

atleast he wasn't a snobby bastard like gammer about it.

def sucks when a producer just ghosts a whole scene though, that they were such a huge part of... so it goes
The drunken scotsman I always admired Re-Con for keeping a hand in hardcore despite success in other genres that would have been much more rewarding. He was always one of my favourites back in the day and I actually quite like some of the Camelphat stuff. Its great to see him doing well. Perhaps one day he will treat us to a Ham/Vibes style album 😆.
wong i do fing camelphats stuff very catchy i must admit
SparkzMusic To be fair Recon is mostly shit. Remember his tracks where the first 16 bars were just a kick or snare? Sloppy, could have at least done a better full length intro.

As for him with the work in core. The only reason he started making core was because of his Ultrabeat stuff which was linked to clubland and hardcore through clubland xtreme and "feeling fine".

Ghosting the scene just shows what he thought of it all along

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
To be fair Recon is mostly shit. Remember his tracks where the first 16 bars were just a kick or snare? Sloppy, could have at least done a better full length intro.

As for him with the work in core. The only reason he started making core was because of his Ultrabeat stuff which was linked to clubland and hardcore through clubland xtreme and "feeling fine".

I sometimes cry myself to sleep when I think of Recons intros and how they tainted his otherwise impeccable work.

And yes, the ultrabeat stuff was the only reason he got into hardcore even though all of the early Ultrabeat stuff was ripped from Hardcore.

Seriously if you ever spoke to Re-con or read any interviews with him you?d know he loved
Hardcore from an early age. He was still making hardcore and playing out at small raves as recently as 3-4 years ago despite being involved in huge house music projects and mainstream chart music.
rafferty He must be doing a lot better for himself financially. Which is probably one of the main reasons for switching scenes.

Is funny, I think a lot of producers from the bigger scenes would absolutely dominate Hardcore with their production quality if they entered our UK scene.

You just have to look at how quickly Stonebank and Tweekacore became massive. Recon came from another scene too and to me seemed easily the best producer on Raver Baby back in day.

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
He must be doing a lot better for himself financially. Which is probably one of the main reasons for switching scenes.

Is funny, I think a lot of producers from the bigger scenes would absolutely dominate Hardcore with their production quality if they entered our UK scene.

You just have to look at how quickly Stonebank and Tweekacore became massive. Recon came from another scene too and to me seemed easily the best producer on Raver Baby back in day.

Well, Stonebank is just Modulate.

and i personally think Modulate tracks were tiers better quality than anything Stonebank does.
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
He must be doing a lot better for himself financially. Which is probably one of the main reasons for switching scenes.

and i personally think Modulate tracks were tiers better quality than anything Stonebank does.

Stonebank was modulate and modulate was rocket pimp. He was creating hardcore long before his current fame.
Mansy
quote:
To be fair Recon is mostly shit. Remember his tracks where the first 16 bars were just a kick or snare? Sloppy, could have at least done a better full length intro.

Yeah his intros were very basic but some could argue at the time you would never have heard the full version and that the intro is rarely heard fully during the mixing process.
LeVzi I'm not a fan of recon, but I don't blame anyone for reinventing themselves and trying something different. So good luck to the guy and I hope he does well.
djDMS People criticised him when he came in to Hardcore.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the same people criticised him for leaving.

Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

Was wondering who this stonebank is, never heard of him before but then i see some tracks on youtube with a couple million views, def didn't realise was mike modulate!
sterichie26 I rate Recon and he has produced some memorable slammers in the UK Hardcore scene, however it just leaves a bad taste with me when the bigger players such as him ghost the scene ...
Thumpa
quote:
To be fair Recon is mostly shit.

Apart from when he's at the Grammys in a suit being an absolute top lad and you're sat on your keyboard on the happy hardcore forum at home in your pants

DjCirrus

Re-con will always live in my heart. May "Calling (Original Mix)" live in our hearts forever.

silver I wonder if he still uses the same music software he did when he made hardcore... I would love it if he did :)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
I wonder if he still uses the same music software he did when he made hardcore... I would love it if he did :)

What did he use? I can't see why it would be any different unless he was using a tracker or something (not likely!).
Sulphurik I had no idea at all that Mike Di Scala was one half of Camelphat! Definately a dramatic change in style to his Ultrabeat and Rezonance Q days. I like Camelphats tracks Panic Room & Breathe but never liked Cola.

Did like a good number of his tracks as Re-Con especially the earlier tracks from around 2003 - 2008.

Hadn't realised about Modulate is Stonebank either although not familiar with Modulate's music.
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
I wonder if he still uses the same music software he did when he made hardcore... I would love it if he did :)

What did he use? I can't see why it would be any different unless he was using a tracker or something (not likely!).

Something cracked/pirated presumably?

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page