Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Recon at the Grammys
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  08:34:13  Show profile Send a private message
One dj who is definitely missed from Hardcore is Recon. It appears he has really made a big name for himself being part of an edm type act called Camelphat in the House scene.
With an appearance at the Grammys.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2019/02/19 05:50:25
Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  15:55:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage
Great to see! I've always been a fan of Recon's work, so it's good to see him getting recognition for the music.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  16:49:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Interviewer seems to think they've been in the game for just a year? lol!

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  16:54:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
eh, i guess do what you gotta do.

atleast he wasn't a snobby bastard like gammer about it.

def sucks when a producer just ghosts a whole scene though, that they were such a huge part of... so it goes

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  19:22:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I always admired Re-Con for keeping a hand in hardcore despite success in other genres that would have been much more rewarding. He was always one of my favourites back in the day and I actually quite like some of the Camelphat stuff. Its great to see him doing well. Perhaps one day he will treat us to a Ham/Vibes style album 😆.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  19:56:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
i do fing camelphats stuff very catchy i must admit

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  20:34:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage
To be fair Recon is mostly shit. Remember his tracks where the first 16 bars were just a kick or snare? Sloppy, could have at least done a better full length intro.

As for him with the work in core. The only reason he started making core was because of his Ultrabeat stuff which was linked to clubland and hardcore through clubland xtreme and "feeling fine".

Ghosting the scene just shows what he thought of it all along

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/02/18 :  22:15:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
To be fair Recon is mostly shit. Remember his tracks where the first 16 bars were just a kick or snare? Sloppy, could have at least done a better full length intro.

As for him with the work in core. The only reason he started making core was because of his Ultrabeat stuff which was linked to clubland and hardcore through clubland xtreme and "feeling fine".

I sometimes cry myself to sleep when I think of Recons intros and how they tainted his otherwise impeccable work.

And yes, the ultrabeat stuff was the only reason he got into hardcore even though all of the early Ultrabeat stuff was ripped from Hardcore.

Seriously if you ever spoke to Re-con or read any interviews with him you?d know he loved
Hardcore from an early age. He was still making hardcore and playing out at small raves as recently as 3-4 years ago despite being involved in huge house music projects and mainstream chart music.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2019/02/19 :  06:03:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
He must be doing a lot better for himself financially. Which is probably one of the main reasons for switching scenes.

Is funny, I think a lot of producers from the bigger scenes would absolutely dominate Hardcore with their production quality if they entered our UK scene.

You just have to look at how quickly Stonebank and Tweekacore became massive. Recon came from another scene too and to me seemed easily the best producer on Raver Baby back in day.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/02/19 :  16:04:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
He must be doing a lot better for himself financially. Which is probably one of the main reasons for switching scenes.

Is funny, I think a lot of producers from the bigger scenes would absolutely dominate Hardcore with their production quality if they entered our UK scene.

You just have to look at how quickly Stonebank and Tweekacore became massive. Recon came from another scene too and to me seemed easily the best producer on Raver Baby back in day.

Well, Stonebank is just Modulate.

and i personally think Modulate tracks were tiers better quality than anything Stonebank does.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/02/20 :  19:13:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

and i personally think Modulate tracks were tiers better quality than anything Stonebank does.

Stonebank was modulate and modulate was rocket pimp. He was creating hardcore long before his current fame.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/02/20 :  19:14:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:

Yeah his intros were very basic but some could argue at the time you would never have heard the full version and that the intro is rarely heard fully during the mixing process.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/02/21 :  13:28:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I'm not a fan of recon, but I don't blame anyone for reinventing themselves and trying something different. So good luck to the guy and I hope he does well.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/02/21 :  13:31:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
People criticised him when he came in to Hardcore.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the same people criticised him for leaving.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  19:23:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

Was wondering who this stonebank is, never heard of him before but then i see some tracks on youtube with a couple million views, def didn't realise was mike modulate!

sterichie26

United Kingdom
471 posts
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  19:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sterichie26's homepage
I rate Recon and he has produced some memorable slammers in the UK Hardcore scene, however it just leaves a bad taste with me when the bigger players such as him ghost the scene ...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page