Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Dougal and Mickey Skeedale - Look at the stars lyr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
htid_4_life I was wondering if someone could please put the full lyrics to Dougal and Mickey Skeedale - Look at the stars, theres a bit I cant quite understand what Jenna is singing.
Mickey Init I look at the stars and I think of you,
I wish one day my dreams will come true.
If there was some way you could know,
How I feel 'cos I'm so low.
You make all the difference,
The sunshine in my life.
But now you're gone,
It cuts like a knife.
Mickey Init That Skeedale/Innovate phase was awesome. Second coming's what I say.
htid_4_life thank you, it was the last line I couldn't quite make out, that's pretty dark! or... that's pretty hardcore (see what I did there?)

i'll get my coat
Bring Me Round To Love What ever happen to Mickey Skeedale.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
thank you, it was the last line I couldn't quite make out, that's pretty dark! or... that's pretty hardcore (see what I did there?)

i'll get my coat

I never could make out the last part either.
ultraskool Amazing how a tune from 1999 still gets good ratings and noticed! HHC from 1995 to 1999 was awesome in terms of some of the vocal side of things. the only thing I hear from current HHC is rip offs samples from radio pop music...
htid_4_life
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
What ever happen to Mickey Skeedale.

I have always wondered this, as the comment above said those 90s hardcore tunes still get noticed I was lucky to grow up with them. But Mickey Skeedale, where is he? I wonder if we will ever see him collab with gammer? The tunes he made with Dougal are up there as some of the best.
warped_candykid Those Dougal and Skeedale tracks were definitely some defining tracks of the genre. Always fresh originality.
Vladel Then he was replaced by gammer and look how that turned out.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Then he was replaced by gammer and look how that turned out.

Hey now, Dougal & Gammer also left a significant stamp on the genre throughout the 2000s. It's a shame how hard the "Dougal & Gammer" frame shattered; is Dougal still even making tracks, or has he gone the ways of Hixxy, Seduction, Brisk, and the other pioneers?
htid_4_life Dougal is still making tracks, hasn't he recently been working with Darren Styles? never the less I just wanna know if Mickey Skeedale is about or under an alias.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Then he was replaced by gammer and look how that turned out.

Hey now, Dougal & Gammer also left a significant stamp on the genre throughout the 2000s. It's a shame how hard the "Dougal & Gammer" frame shattered; is Dougal still even making tracks, or has he gone the ways of Hixxy, Seduction, Brisk, and the other pioneers?

I don't deny it. There is a great legacy of tracks bewtween 2003 and 2011 until they decide to try and destroy it.
johnnygomental Loved their stuff as a duo and Innovate, best tracks were Innovate, Invinsible, look at the stars and you make me free. A really class period of hardcore
Craigavon raver
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by htid_4_life:
thank you, it was the last line I couldn't quite make out, that's pretty dark! or... that's pretty hardcore (see what I did there?)

I was the same could never make out the last part

i'll get my coat

I never could make out the last part either but super tune all the same, love it! but i like the version on bonkers 6 best, it was actually the only cd i ever had the tune on for years, but now i've heard it on another cd and else were and it sounds slightly different on bonkers 6, to me it sounds better on bonkers 6, anyone else notice this? is the one on bonkers 6 a (bonkers mix) and not stated or something
Craigavon raver And mickey skeedale did make an appearance in the scene post millenium for a few years between 2003-2005 or 2004-2006, somewhere round that time anyway, and he possibly made a track with gammer, i'm not 100% sure though, but he did a few with dougal (obviously) and a few solo, don't know where he is now, as far as i know he doesn't produce anymore, not hardcore anyway
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

i'll get my coat

I never could make out the last part either but super tune all the same, love it! but i like the version on bonkers 6 best, it was actually the only cd i ever had the tune on for years, but now i've heard it on another cd and else were and it sounds slightly different on bonkers 6, to me it sounds better on bonkers 6, anyone else notice this? is the one on bonkers 6 a (bonkers mix) and not stated or something

It does sound different (i got the MP3 from the Music Mondays Dougal album)

I had put it down to the vinyl not being as clear and maybe the way Vibes had fiddled with the mixer but Thumpa played it in a mix and it was not as good as the Bonkers one either. Not sure if Thumpa played it from CD of vinyl though.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

i'll get my coat

It does sound different (i got the MP3 from the Music Mondays Dougal album)

I had put it down to the vinyl not being as clear and maybe the way Vibes had fiddled with the mixer but Thumpa played it in a mix and it was not as good as the Bonkers one either. Not sure if Thumpa played it from CD of vinyl though.

The 25 years of Dougal cd was 1 of the examples I was on about as well! lol don't know what the craic is with that though, bonkers 6 version definently the best though
Sulphurik Yeah Look at the stars was a great track. Liked Dougal's style back then in 1999.

Dougal & TKM - The Chant, always liked it.
DJIntensity Dougal & Gammer Fires In The Sky (Frisky & Hujib Remix)
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Dougal & Gammer Fires In The Sky (Frisky & Hujib Remix)

Vastly superior to the original!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Dougal & Gammer Fires In The Sky (Frisky & Hujib Remix)

Vastly superior to the original!

It?s good but nothing compared to the Fracus and Darwin Remix.

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page