Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New Track!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
aiden
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2001/04/05 :  18:02:57  Show profile Send a private message  Visit aiden's homepage
Hey all,

I finally got up the nerve to let people start hearing my stuff, so here it is my first semi-pro happycore production. It's called "Look to the Future", very late '99 Evolution style new skool. 182 bpm and real deep (not responsible for blown systems =)

It's not bad for being churned out of Reason (exclusively! I'm a student - no money for synths yet =) but I don't think it's too bad.

Check it out at http://mp3.com/rezolution/ and tell me what you think. The more good criticism I get the better the next track will be.

Thanks mates,

[a.m.]

--
Aiden Michael
Rezolution
http://mp3.com/rezolution/

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/05 :  22:57:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Sounds good for a first track. Keep them coming :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  09:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message
Hi, cool track. I have a question for ya though. Can reason sequence external sources? Ive heard good stuff about reason, but that one thing is a little unclear to me ^_^ Thanks

Rotis

Sweden
129 posts
Posted - 2001/04/07 :  16:44:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rotis's homepage
Well the sequencer in Reason isn't that good... I prefer using Logic, Cubase and so on instead... but all the stuff in Reason rox. They've simulated it sooo good. But I think it's kinda hard to make trax ONLY in reason. I'm just using the Analog Synths and all that stuff... Ownage.

And yes I think you can use external sources. There's a great midi-interface (as a device.. above the mixer you know) so yes. But I'm not 100% sure...

Hardcore will never die!

Edited by - Rotis on 07 Apr 2001 16:46:49

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  09:27:12  Show profile  Send a private message
Thanks a lot for the info Rotis!!! I just found out that one of my friends is going to buy Reason, so I guess ill actually get a chance to try it before I decide to buy it ^_^

aiden
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  13:45:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aiden's homepage
As far as I know, Reason is unable to record midi data for any device other than its internal devices. However, this isn't really a problem, because Reason lends itself to be slaved to a bunch of really good sequencing programs. But the slaving is -audio- not MIDI, so you have to compose/record/edit Reason devices in reason, and then route the synced audio output to something like Digital Performer (what I use) or Cubase or Logic or anything with ReWire support. Then you can use that app to add digital audio (vocals or samples) and external midi device information. For instance, in Mojo, a really progressive trance track I just cut, I rewired all the reason comp into DP, added a few hardware synths and effects from the rack, and then used plug-in and hardware processing (delay, reverb, etc.) for output instead of the semi-cheesy built in ReasonVerb. :D

Hope this helps. Also, thanks everyone for listening to my track. It really flew up MP3.com's Happycore charts (#11 yesterday) but it seems to be on its way back down. Oh well =) Go listen to it again so we can get Cynic Project's improperly named Speed Garage track off the happycore charts (it currently holds #1 slot and it's not even hardcore! Grrrr!! The world is full of injustice. :)

[a.m.]

--
Aiden Michael
Rezolution

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page