Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 Happy Hardcore party in Montreal
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/01 :  04:35:13  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Okay all you Montreal people complaining there are no happy hardcore parties in your area here you go....not a too shabby line up either and you gotta love the free stuff, that got to be worth $20 itself...

Party name: Renegade Legion
Date: Friday 22nd June 2001
Promoter: Ravewave
City: Montreal
Music:
Anabolic Frolic w/MC JD (Moonshine Records, Hullabaloo, DAMN Management - TO)
Mark Grimace w/MC JD (Chills Rolling Papers, 1groove.com, DAMN Management - TO)
Cyre [old school, syndroma - quebec city] (old happy hardcore)
The Cheesemaker [drunken midget, scuaneecs 2009] (happy hardcore)
Aone [karebears] (old happy breakbeat)
Nymph [ravewave] (old happy breakbeat)
Corey K w/MC Abra [nice / ethikal.com] (old jungle)
The Mindset w/MC Abra [nice / ethikal.com] (old dn'b)
Psonyk [nice - mtl] (old techno)
Tickets $15 - first 25
$20 - next 100
$25 - next 100
$30 after
more @ door
Info 514-203-5655
nymph@innocent.com

Free Water Bottle
Free Whistle
Free Horn
Free Candy
Free Fruit
Free Toys

Alert moderator
The Luvable Nymph
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/05/01 :  05:20:01  Show profile  Send a private message
Front:

Back:

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/01 :  07:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
heh..do they have a problem with booking talent and not name?
seems to be the case...i feel really bad that a lot of kids only happy hardcore experiences are frolic and dj's that dont even spin vinyl..

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

The Luvable Nymph
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/05/03 :  22:35:08  Show profile  Send a private message
Listen buddy,

First off unlike you I don't go around criticising everything that people do. Unlike the city you live in, happy hardcore is virtually non existant in Montreal. When I decided to create an old school / happy hardcore party, which has NEVER been done here in Montreal really, I needed to make sure that I would not loose 12000$ which is commin' out of my credit card and friends.

Yes I would have maybe liked to have different people spinnin' at the party, but we have to start somewhere and I believe this lineup is a very good start. We don't have events with 15000 people where we are making thousands of dollars and personally I am doing it for the love of the music and not because I want someone who is the best DJ in the world. Maybe if you were a DJ who enjoyed the music he played, you would stop critisizing everything around and actually say "wow, these people are trying to do a little good for the hardcore community", then you would become a real human being and not one of these jaded raves/djs who bitch and complain about everyone who is not *perfect* like themself.

Maybe you should come down here and witness a small rave with semi-headliners with 500 people or less and then you will know what parting and the scene is all about. Where people come to enjoy the music and not criticize.

I'm not saying we are perfect here. In fact the vibe at parties and people screaming is non existant, people stand and dance and thats it. In face Renegade Legion will be the FIRST rave ever will a full lineup of Djs with Mc's to get the people hyped a little more than normal. I'm paying for all the Mcs out of my own pocket as with 500 people there is not enough income to pay for them.

As for the rest of us, there are only 2 people not spinnin' vinyl and that would be Enterhorse who is not listed on the flyer since he is doing a LIVE happy set and Psonyk who will be playing some OLD TECHNO (87-91) right at the begining of the party to get people started. The rest of us locals have actually went out and bought vinyl since no one spins old school or happy hardcore or breakbeat here and we are very happy to be one of the first to introduce this music to the city.

So stop with your bickering because no one wants to hear it. We are supposed to be a community here and by you insulting everything you don't find proper your giving a bad impression of the people in this scene. We don't need it. Chris although maybe mainstream now has in fact helped the happy hardcore scene and Mark Grimace for your information was one of the first people in north american to spin hardcore. He has probably been spinnin' this stuff longer than you.

Noah
A happy, non jaded raver...

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/06 :  18:57:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
first off, dont assume what i know and dont know. secondly, as far as a non existent hardcore scene goes, i live in a place where there is ZERO hardcore. but still, i would rather see people who are talented and worth their fees. if youre so worried about how much money you are spending, why dont you get djs that are talented...because with frolic, im sure you are paying for that name and h2bhc fame. not talent. there are a lot of GOOD djs you could get for reasonable prices. excuse the hell out of me if i happen to have a mind of my own and happen to be picky about hardcore djs. whats wrong with wanting quality huh? im not disputing the fact that chris has done a lot for the hardcore scene..but that doesnt make him a good dj. and there has been hardcore in montreal before..more than once. so dont go acting like youre doing the city this huge favor by breaking new ground.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/06 :  22:19:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
hey... I think you guys are saying saying the same thing... I'm not taking sides here, but as a DJ and a promotor yourself, you can love hardcore as much as the world but at the end of the day you don't want to lose money, you really only want to break even. I have put on parties and made 2000 dollars in one night and I have put on parties and lost 3000 dollars in one night, now I have lost more than I have got so in order for me to eat and put gas in my car I can't afford to lose lot of money. Sometimes in order to promote other DJ's and your party you have to put a name up there more people know, even if that one name is there for you to get people in the door (and pay for the party) so they can listen to the other DJ's.

If you don't like the DJ's that play at parties do what I did, start your own parties, hey I live in Tokyo the land for 24/7 easy access everything, it is REAL hard to promote a party in Tokyo with so much other stuff you can do at night time.

So please stop the flame wars.

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/07 :  07:51:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
there are names just as big and even bigger than frolics that are more talented. who's flaming? not me. i simply stated my opinion and got attacked for it. didnt know it was illegal.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/05/15 :  20:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
what do you mean theres no happy hardcore scene in montreal??

i played a party there last month, along with cloudskipper, and the kids were going off to it!

adam

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/05/15 :  23:29:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Hmm I don't live there, I just saw a few posts asking where there are parties and stuff.... sorry if I'm worng :)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/06/27 :  11:06:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Anyone go to this event? was it good ? many people?

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/06/27 :  23:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
i didnt go, but as a side note, i'll be playing in montreal in 2 weeks, on july 13th, at 'Prophecy'.. Buzz Fuzz will be there as well =)

and then again on the july 27th with the 'Drunken Midget All Star DJ Tour' with Frisky & D-Minus amoung others

adam

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/06/29 :  05:33:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
hehehe i remember when drunken midget productions registered on nwhhc..we all thought it was a joke..so one of the moderators emailed them and asked if they were for real..needless to say they werent too happy..hehe

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page