Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/10/28 :  04:53:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Not great. Where did those weak kicks and basslines come from originally?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  16:20:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

Or worse, call it happy hardcore.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  18:00:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

Think I know the track you're referring to - JTS & Technikore - Meet her at the love parade! Technikore has done a Blue (Da Ba Dee) remix fairly recently also.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/10/30 :  04:51:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:

Think I know the track you're referring to - JTS & Technikore - Meet her at the love parade! Technikore has done a Blue (Da Ba Dee) remix fairly recently also.

No, the tracks I heard were the ones shown on your last link, and I dont think that one was one of the ones I listened to

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/11/05 :  20:04:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, the tracks I heard were the ones shown on your last link, and I dont think that one was one of the ones I listened to

Yes I know what you're saying

Mike Enemy - Sunkissed, like the sound of it but hardstyle influenced. If it had a hardstyle beat, it would basically be a hardstyle track.

What about this new from Technikore & Suae? Lead hardstyle influenced with reverse bass, I do quite like the sound of the kick.
https://www.beatport.com/release/breaking-free/3153653

Little piano riffs in UK hardcore nowadays (on OneSeventy anyway), maybe in the breakdown of Breaking Free some piano might have sounded good.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2020/11/05 20:05:49
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/11/05 :  20:13:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Don't think this one has been mentioned - I do like this from JTS released few months ago. No hardstyle influence in this - standard UK hardcore style
https://www.beatport.com/release/better-now/2999695

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/01/14 :  21:25:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Technikore x AK47 - Control, overall not for me. Like the main riff in main section but not so keen on rest.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/01/15 :  11:10:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Don't think this one has been mentioned - I do like this from JTS released few months ago. No hardstyle influence in this - standard UK hardcore style
https://www.beatport.com/release/better-now/2999695

Excuse me? That sounds very much like jumpstyle to me

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/03/27 :  21:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounding good!

Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2021/03/27 :  22:25:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Anon.'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

Those kinda leads are done in Syletnh1 mainly ,with some ease if you know your way around a synthesizer and know sound design.

It sounds amazing in a track, if used right.

I believe Code Black was the person to make that sound popular, with his tracks "Brighter day" and "Feels good" from 2011- 2012, then in 2013 when his two tracks with Atmozfears "starting over" and "Accelerate" that was it, everyone was at it.

As for darren styles remix of Accelerate ? Thats an insult of a "remix" all he's done is sped up the orignal and slapped his shitty Kick and bass over it.

Personally for me, Sub Zero Project are one of the best in hardstyle at the moment. And if you like it even faster then Sefa is the one.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/03/28 :  09:17:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

Those kinda leads are done in Syletnh1 mainly ,with some ease if you know your way around a synthesizer and know sound design.

It sounds amazing in a track, if used right.

I believe Code Black was the person to make that sound popular, with his tracks "Brighter day" and "Feels good" from 2011- 2012, then in 2013 when his two tracks with Atmozfears "starting over" and "Accelerate" that was it, everyone was at it.

As for darren styles remix of Accelerate ? Thats an insult of a "remix" all he's done is sped up the orignal and slapped his shitty Kick and bass over it.

Personally for me, Sub Zero Project are one of the best in hardstyle at the moment. And if you like it even faster then Sefa is the one.

Id hardly call Sefa hardstyle , he's definitely frenchcore. tbh some of his tracks are borderline UK Hardcore just played at 220bpm.

Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2021/03/28 :  10:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Anon.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Aye should have been clearer, but sefa is good.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/03/28 :  11:52:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah he is, definitely tapped into something new.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2021/05/06 :  00:18:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Some good recent releases from OneSeventy

Joey Riot, Technikore, Suae - Let me hear you roar
Dougal - Take Me Away (Summa Jae remix)
Technikore & JTS - Always

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2021/05/06 00:22:21
MichaelFairways

United Kingdom
95 posts
Posted - 2021/05/07 :  22:31:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MichaelFairways's homepage  Reply with quote
Nothing coming out of late from OneSeventy or any other label does a thing for me, just my opinion but i cannot remember the last time i heard a release that really set my pulse going.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page