Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Has HHC got a bad name cos of drugs?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Trancehedd
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  09:03:53  Show profile Send a private message
Everyone I ask of the 'older' and 'wiser' generation seems to think that HHC, Trance, HardHouse etc are the products of a chemically addled yoof culture. I think thats bollox, how do you define a group only by the sounds they listen to and make judgement like that. Most people I know who are into dance as much as i am are far removed from the labels placed upon us by people who THINK they know better O.K we take drugs an shite but we dont go out to harm anyone we just want to have a good time. Could it be that these people have forgotten how to do that with themselves and their idea of fun is simple slagging off of people who they can no longer be like. Rant over!

coming up soon with some hardcore power!

Alert moderator
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  09:34:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Most people who don’t like HHC that I know, don’t like it coz of the cheesy vocals and repetitive beats. Not coz of the drugs. (Most of my m8's do some kind of drug anyway). It’s just a few of the older generation who think that raves are bad due to the drug taking.

Happy Hardcore would not have been invented if drugs like XTC did not exist.

Well that’s what I think anyway.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  09:58:08  Show profile  Send a private message
well hardcore music emerged from the acid house days, and the title 'acid house' sort of says it all. i got a lot of mates who do, and a lot of mate that don't take drugs that listen to the music. it's because the older generation that don't appreciate our music can't adapt to anything other than the music of their day, except the crap plastered all over capital fm and kiss. if you go back to the 60's though, not that i woz even thought off back then, but groups like the beatles - who were loved by everyone that woz our age back then, were hated by the majority of their parents - becuase it woz new and different. i know there's a difference in the 2 types of music but it's a similar concept. it's no point forcing some1 to like hardcore - u either like it or u don't - kinda like marmyte. mmmm. yum.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

Dave-Rayvon

United Kingdom
78 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  10:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message
All types of music have some sort of stereotypical label. Rock is usually with Satanism, Rap with Gang war-fare, Pop with kids and so on. Most people I know don't like HHC as most people I know haven't heard it! The people I have introduced to it like it but not enough to actually go out and buy it. Shame.

Dave!

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  20:29:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
i dont think people dont like HHC because of the drugs. drugs are abundant in all styles of electronic music. DJ/RAVE culture has brought back the wide use of extacy and i feel it has a big place in the scene. i mean thats one BIG reason i started going to raves...to listen to music i love, all mashed up. it sucks to be labeled "THE CHEMICAL GENERATION" but thats what we are. not since DISCO, has extacy been so widley used and accepted. obviously we go raving for other reasons too, but the other reasons go with the extacy, hand in hand. i know some ppl go straight, so they have a different opinion/outlook, but those ppl are a small minority. the public see majorities not minorities.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

djbungle
Average Member

United Kingdom
161 posts
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  07:11:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbungle's homepage
Personally i think yes,
Heres why- I live in a town called bolton in the uk and since around 96-97 when HHc+HH (hard house) got popular there has been clubs playing them.
But after a few months the clubs have been shut down because of voilence and
DRUGS the police and the council blame on the music.
Dont know why cos every form of music
has stereotypes. eg punk(voilence),
reggie(weed) and so on.
So you might not take any notice and just enjoy yourself.

what!!!!

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  18:02:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage
My experience with raves, drugs, and the culture in general was different, because I didn't do ecstasy until well over a year after my first rave. I love the music, sober or not, and I love the acceptance and warmth you recieve.

I think people get a bad impression of raves if they WANT one. Anyone who enters the culture with an open mind and intelligence can take what they want from it and they are the ones who are truly happy, because they also let others take from it.

I guess that what we should all strive for. Screw people and their sterotypes. We all have them, get used to being the object of other people's sterotypes.

P.L.U.R!

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

P.L.U.R!

scifijungle
Banned

Australia
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/08 :  00:25:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit scifijungle's homepage
btw, that song, open your eyes , wasn't it originally by "KOKO"? a dance/house band from about 95-ish?

I'm gone sending you out 2 space..2 find another race..
=CPX is the most horniest radio station in the WHOLE of Sydney...I LOVE IT!=

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/10/08 :  10:47:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage
^^That's a very good question: You should look into that!

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

[size="4"]P.L.U.R![/size="4"]

P.L.U.R!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page