Total online 1481
 Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why does everyone like Shooting Star so much?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/24 :  19:12:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
I've NEVER heard a dj play the same choon in the same set twice.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/24 :  19:13:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh except when its given a rewind

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/10/24 :  20:39:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
not teh smae dj playing it twice in one set but teh whoel lineup playing it, grante ddta dont happen much but when 2 or 3 djs decide to play da same tune it loses its original buzz

Ant B

Hughes

United Kingdom
82 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  04:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Shooting Star is just an all time classic chune !!!!

BUT ... If you're at an event and every DJ plays it, by the end of the night it gets a bit too much.

!! Club Kinetic Ravers : Live, Love and Dance !!

ryan_murphy2001
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2001/10/27 :  08:26:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ryan_murphy2001's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:

some dj's just don't understand though that playing a song twice or more gets annoying,it's as if they don't have any better tunes to play,i never play the same song twice in a set,not even a different mix of it

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

DjXTCEE

34 posts
Posted - 2001/10/27 :  11:06:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Everyone has their own take on which is and is not a HHC anthem. Some choons just automatically hit you as being so inspiring and uplifting that you assume that it is a HHC anthem for sure, whereas other choons a more suttle and over time become HHC anthems.

I personally feel that shooting star is an awsome choon that never fails to impress and get me on the dance floor. Definately the one thing it has going for it is awsome lyrics and pure HHC sounds. Sure..too much of anything is always overkill but it is so much sweeter to have it in thier once for the ride.

Personally I do not like Heart of Gold as much as I like shooting star but that is my own opinion and can be seen as good or bad.

"The master returns..."

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/10/27 :  18:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i dunno, its just such a nice song, got wikid lyrics, n jo has such a gorgeous voice, i like it, but if u hear it 2 much, it can b like majorly annoying

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

technocrazy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  08:49:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think that Shooting Star is an awsome tune, but it's true that if it is overplayed then it loses it's original energy.

"Like a shooting star across the midnight sky, wherever you are, you're gonna see me fly"

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  10:32:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MC RizlaDizla:

I know some people who think its the best song done, but they only like them if its got a good bit of vocals in them.

Don't most people go for the song's tune first, then the vocals? I certainly do, but then again I like '96 style songs such as "DJ Ham - Is Anybody Out There", which don't have a story as vocals. Don't get me wrong, vocals are important but surely it's the tune that really matters?

Oh, and I don't know what all the fuss is about Shooting Star either - it doesn't have a terribly good tune.

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

Edited by - Amber-Jade on 2002/07/09 10:35:02
radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  11:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage  Reply with quote
Shooting star is an amazing choon, even thou I had heared a lot of happycore b4 i heared that song, that was the choon that made me really notice the mu & start to luv up the hardcore... its jus dead uplifting & what other choon will make everyone feel that luved up?! Heart of gold, ye its a wicked song but i dno, it can be slightly too cheesy... and ye, no matter how much of an anthem, if its played loadsa times it will get annoyin as hell... the mix on bonkers 7 is wicked!!

Hold Me Tight, Don't Ever Let Me Go, Up All Night, I'd Die For You

Ka*

http://www.geocities.com/hardcore_lyrics

Kaitei Hoe

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  20:02:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"I've NEVER heard a dj play the same choon in the same set twice"

Heh, there is a CD for sale stateside mixed by Breeze, has Roll the Track on twice..

FYI ;)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  04:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

Thuogh I agree that Shooting Star is played too much I know (in the UK at least) all ravers over 18 usually got into HHC through hearing that song & then exploring the scene-same applies to heart of gold.

Hardcore family never dies.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page