Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2004/09/11 :  14:54:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Have to admit i mostly like the more mainstream gabber stuff like a lot of the clips dave put up especially ones with good voice samples. Mix really well with bouncy tunes and dont quite scare the shit out everyone like most of knightmare's choices lol as he's 100% gabber through and through. At a rave gabber is the ultimate for having the most mental party even if i cant last a full night of it. Growing up in glasgow i have to say was excellent as the scene has always included a lot more gabber than most the rest of the u.k.

Venga familia!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Chris B on 2004/09/11 15:37:40
tunnelrush
Advanced Member

United States
1,831 posts
tunnelrush has donated money to the site tunnelrush has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/11 :  17:37:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tunnelrush's homepage  Reply with quote
heres the perfect chance to ask this question ive had for awhile now......(clears throat) When i went to see Scott Brown here in Cali recently once he got into his ending gabba set the crowd started that "moshing" shit thats popular with more hardcore metal and the likes....do you guys over in the UK start moshing and smashing into people when you hear gabba. just wondering......

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>

<Sennheiser HD25's/Technics RPDJ 1200
<Tracktion 2

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/09/11 :  18:05:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Well Knitemare i didnt mention them as he said, he has recently started DJ'ing so you think he will be able to mix some of that stuff .

I started off with some mainstream shit which i dont mind, but some of that shit on Enzyme is just plain wrong.

Heh

Prefrence aint it.

Stony McTony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
534 posts
Stony McTony has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  04:16:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
just on a hardstyle note some of the shit organ donors has done as been top ****in shelf, plastic surgeons is prob one of my fav cds tho so im bound to say something nice about it, im falling into the whole gabba thing afta a long time not being into it so a few choice cds wouldnt go amiss, give up the names yea! cheers guys!

Theres nothing wrong with the boat those big holes help keep our feet cool.

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  20:41:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Murray:
Well Knitemare i didnt mention them as he said, he has recently started DJ'ing so you think he will be able to mix some of that stuff .

I started off with some mainstream shit which i dont mind, but some of that shit on Enzyme is just plain wrong.

Heh

Prefrence aint it.

Friend of mine said that the best way to start spinning gabber and darkcore is to jump right into the hardest shit so that all that comes after is a cakewalk 2 u. He regretted he didn't do it when he started cuz a friend of his did and his sence of rythmblending and comparing the kick is a lot easier is a lot better.
It also made it easier for the guy to throw in an occasional terror-track and use voicesamples right off the other records.
That's why I recommended you don't just strictly stick to mainstream at the start cuz you might get locked into it cuz a lot of mainstream has little variation between trax. Get some different kicks and rythms in there and you'll come up with a more interesting and uplifting set

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  20:58:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stony McTony:
just on a hardstyle note some of the shit organ donors has done as been top ****in shelf, plastic surgeons is prob one of my fav cds tho so im bound to say something nice about it, im falling into the whole gabba thing afta a long time not being into it so a few choice cds wouldnt go amiss, give up the names yea! cheers guys!

gabber cd's:
You can never go very wrong with thunderdome cd's :)
If you like mainstream, try the masters of hardcore series.
For dark industrial, the darkcore series (which aren't totally about darkcore, eventhough the name would make you think so)
For darkcore, I'd advise the injections by enzyme records.
Artist cd's:
-Hellsystem - back from darkness
-dj promo - never compromise
-dj daisy aka mandragore (frenchcore) - hardcore-techno mix

just browse the cd's at vinylshop.com and see if you like some of it ( check the soundclips at sector-1.com if you want a taste of the trax).

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  21:00:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
Have to admit i mostly like the more mainstream gabber stuff like a lot of the clips dave put up especially ones with good voice samples. Mix really well with bouncy tunes and dont quite scare the shit out everyone like most of knightmare's choices lol as he's 100% gabber through and through. At a rave gabber is the ultimate for having the most mental party even if i cant last a full night of it. Growing up in glasgow i have to say was excellent as the scene has always included a lot more gabber than most the rest of the u.k.

Venga familia!!!

wehehe, you're luckier then most brits ;)

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  21:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tunnelrush89:
heres the perfect chance to ask this question ive had for awhile now......(clears throat) When i went to see Scott Brown here in Cali recently once he got into his ending gabba set the crowd started that "moshing" shit thats popular with more hardcore metal and the likes....do you guys over in the UK start moshing and smashing into people when you hear gabba. just wondering......

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>

dunno about the uk, but around here it ain't common (unless at very small parties with only a few friends jumping into eachother).

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2004/09/13 :  00:25:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Never heard of or seen anyone moshing to gabber in the u.k just a lotta people going nuts. In the u.k gabber rooms tend to have a friendlier atmosphere than even the hardcore arenas imo. Defo agree with knightmare regarding thunderdome cd's get a good variety of different styles from over the years.

Venga familia!!!

Edited by - Chris B on 2004/09/13 00:26:34
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2004/09/13 :  11:46:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
Lots of gabba being played and lots of moshing in the U.K. at all the free partys :o) not in the commercial raves though.

Stony McTony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
534 posts
Stony McTony has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/09/13 :  18:20:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
if ne1s curious about hardstyle heres a mix for ya

http://gurn.net/pickamix/searchmixes.php?SearchMusicStyleID=15

Dean86

United Kingdom
273 posts
Dean86 has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/09/15 :  10:38:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Why don't you just buy a north pack from www.north-online.co.uk?

Check out the Drokz and Tailz cds

DJ E-Rok

Russia
476 posts

33 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/09/15 :  13:01:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ E-Rok's homepage  Reply with quote
aaauuuuuuuuhhhhhhh! to much info on gabba! I'm just gona go hide and figure it all out. thank you for VERY helpful tips on it. Much apreciated :)

When I grow up I wana be a D JJJJJJJJJJJJJ!

Shaker

United Kingdom
101 posts
Posted - 2004/09/15 :  14:05:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
Never heard of or seen anyone moshing to gabber in the u.k just a lotta people going nuts. In the u.k gabber rooms tend to have a friendlier atmosphere than even the hardcore arenas imo. Defo agree with knightmare regarding thunderdome cd's get a good variety of different styles from over the years.

Venga familia!!!

Dunno abou that mate. You been in the radical room at any of their events? the ravers in the gabber & hardcore techno push you and go wild. Also theres raves in London that got mosh pits but thats for speedcore and breakcore etc etc

Gotta agree though the atmosphere in a gabber/hardcore techno rooms is more friendlier than a happy room just in the gabber/hardcore techno room the people are more up for it! imo

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2004/09/15 :  15:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Have to admit i've not got the biggest experience of raving to gabber in the u.k only really experienced it at events like twisted etc in glasgow then since i moved south the techno rooms at bigger raves like those at the sanc, helter skelter and such and never saw anyone moshing although it doesn't surprise me at all cos the musics that nuts. Would like to explore some more of the gabber nights as i've seen a noticably more friendly yet wilder attitude in these rooms and defo lets you see a different side to the rave scene.

Venga familia!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page