Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Music Producing
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dj XK~Azmodian~XK

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  07:59:25  Show profile Send a private message  Visit dj XK~Azmodian~XK's homepage
I would like to know what the best ways to produce music are. please any info would really help. What do Dj's like Hixxy, Sy, Trixxy, Vinylgroover, Scott Brown, Force & Styles, Dj i/o, Mr happy hardcore(Dj Nrxic), GBT inc, Stealth, Northern Lights, Fabulous Faber, Sharkey. etc. use to make there music. I dont really know anything about making the music really. I only know songs when it comes to happy hardcore.
Where can I find whatever they use to make music or remix music? Any information would be most appreciative. How much would these things cost me How difficult would it be to get them? PLUR.

Every time I.....Close my eyes.....I see your face there......and I visualize......

Alert moderator
futuredancer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  08:43:52  Show profile  Send a private message
Have a look at this link mate.... Its a guide to producing written by sharkey.

http://www.nuenergy.co.uk/safensound/

Its quite in depth but not very hard going !

Get more fu**ed and get rocking!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  09:40:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
download sonic foundry acid pro 2.0 and rebirth, ace of wav or recycle are good for ripping from tracks & putting effects on, these proggies rock!!

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!! uh oh big wave!!!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  14:00:45  Show profile  Send a private message
if you got a soundblaster live soundcard in your pc then downloading recycle, all i have to say is..
they go together like milk and sugar!! if you know how to use it right that is....

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/02/07 :  04:17:56  Show profile  Send a private message
no i disagree.. sound blaster live and the beta (leaked) sound blaster audigy drivers go togetther like milk and sugar.. turns a sblive into a mean studio quality sound card (ASIO drivers with as low as 2ms latency)

still only has a few inputs and outputs though.

but in response to the original post most big producers, and i DON'T know about happy hard producers in particular, go for programs like cubase and logic audio and protools.. they are generally enough to run a whole studio from.. you need a fairly decent computer and a decent soundcard at least.. plus an external mixing desk is a plus.

if you know nothing about it i'd say go for some simpler programs like sonic foundry's acid.. its great and not a toy like fruity loops.. works from pre made loops which you will eventually (hopefuly) start making your own.

but some advice is to learn to understand midi.. if you are serious about production. and see how other people run their studio's/make tracks...

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/02/07 :  07:32:24  Show profile  Send a private message
best i can get on my system is 45ms latency :(

best thing about the sblive is the soundfonts,easiest way to get samples played back through cubase (unless you import the audio straight into it)

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

nrXic

Canada
117 posts
Posted - 2002/02/09 :  20:38:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nrXic's homepage
Wow I was named with all those greats! :D

Anyways, I've started out on "trackers" back in '95. Proggies like Impulse Tracker, Fast Tracker, and newer ones like MODplug tracker, basically took wave samples and patterned them to make MOD or S3M or IT files.

Right now, I use an advanced tracker called BUZZ. It not only plays samples but is also a very very very very VERY powerful synth tool. New synths come out for it every month, and it's all free of course, all of these proggies are. It's not as good for samples, but for the synth features and sound quality it kicks!

Anyways, if you want to go that route, I suggest downloading something like MODplug Tracker, and then downloading songs (there are tons of happy hardcore songs you could get that was made on it, if you can't find any I'll mail my own to you) and then just see how they did it. Then play with it and try your own stuff.

For the wave samples, search the web and you can find ALOT. Search for "Stomper" , which is agreat drum sample generator and use that for your tunes.

Anyways, that should be enough to get you started (if you wanted to try out trackers to make music),
Catch ya later,
nrXic

www.mp3.com/nrxic

"From the mean streets of Calgary, Alberta, Canada!" - Jericho
http://www.myspace.com/nrxic

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/02/10 :  02:18:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
if you know absolutely zilch about notation, learn piano. I have and i know all i need to.

I'M KING OF THE WORLD!! uh oh big wave!!!

dj XK~Azmodian~XK

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/02/11 :  07:47:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj XK~Azmodian~XK's homepage
Sweet it's mr happy hardcore!!!!!!!!!! I love your stuff! Especially five minute sugar rush good song. The Ultimate Party track is bad ass as well. Thanks for all the great feedback. You guys rock! PLUR! You wanna know something funny i haven't even been to a rave yet but i am going to one on the 17th of this month yeah!! No Happy Hardcore though! But what are you going to do you can only here whats popular.

ignorance is bliss....

Preston135
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2002/02/24 :  13:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message
ok ... i sugest u get yourself a sampler , drum machine and a half decent keyboard or synth mod

I Preston

galacticboy
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2002/02/27 :  11:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit galacticboy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by nrXic:
Right now, I use an advanced tracker called BUZZ. It not only plays samples but is also a very very very very VERY powerful synth tool. New synths come out for it every month, and it's all free of course, all of these proggies are. It's not as good for samples, but for the synth features and sound quality it kicks!

excellent, a fellow buzzer! i'll have to check your tunes out.

http://www.ampcast.com/galacticboy

Tipsy

Canada
58 posts

62 hardcore releases
Tipsy is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/03/04 :  08:02:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Tipsy's homepage
Get a g4, cubase and 100 000$ worth of synths and effect racks

dj XK~Azmodian~XK

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2002/03/05 :  07:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj XK~Azmodian~XK's homepage
Hey is anyone here familar with buzz tracker? can u guys/girls tell me how it works please I havent ever made music before this is very complex ummm where can i get good samples? thnx!!

ignorance is bliss....

catalystlamint
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2002/03/06 :  11:17:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit catalystlamint's homepage
go to propellerheads website or search for a program named REASON.
Get a MAYA44 Sound Card. Get Recycle 2.0, Cubase VST, and Rebirth.
All those together give you your own virtual studio with ultra low latency.
Trust me, your tracks'll sound perfect.

l a mint's to hard for some, is it for u?

Padre

Australia
66 posts
Posted - 2002/03/09 :  01:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Padre's homepage
there are quite afew different avenues you could take.. first of all, you must make a decision as to HOW you want to sequence your tunes..
ie whether you want to use a looping program like Orion or FruityLoops, or whether your like to sequence your tunes in a linear fashion throu a sequencer like Cubase, CWSonar or Logic or even Reason.

now with Fruity and Orion, you start off with a basic sound set library, whereas with cubase and the like, you must provide the sounds yourself, whether in a soundfont format, or an external Tone Generator such as a sampler or a synth or whatever.

secondly, you need a sound source(if u dont already have one)...
as mentioned above the sound soure is another thing which needs to be considered.
Do you want to use your own PC as a sound source, or would like to run it all thru a mixing console using samplers a synth a drum module etc?? those are the sort of questions you need to ask yourself (within your budget of course)
Now i persoanlly believe that external gear can give you a better hands on approach, as well as the ability to really expand, whther it be with an FX module, foot pedal whatever...

Now finally, do you want to go out and perform your tracks live, or are you happy sittin in front of your computer... if its the latter, ignore this coming part, but if its the first, you might want to consider an Hardware sequencer like an RM1x or an RS7000 or an Akai.

Now goin to the sound source again.
ANYTHING is capable of making a "Happy hard" sound.. whether it be a kick drum, synth lead or a pad.. forget what ppl say about certain gear being the tool of choice for certain genres.. its WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR TOOL that counts...

if ur goin the SW route, theres are LOADS of Softsynths out ther.. alot of them are in the form of a VSTi or DXi which require a host program like Cubase, Orion or Sonar etc
But there are afew out there like FM7 which can be used as a standalone product, which is good when u want to wind down by making afew patches and dont want to bottleneck ur machine coz u cant be botheres (trust me it happens)

If u plan on using SW, i would suggest a decent PC, LARGE HD.. a CD burner, a decent set of audio editing tools, like Soundforge or WAvelab and for some variety on the wave editing theme, you could try ReCycle, which literally sliced and dices your samples... Great for Breakbeats and vocals.. bit lik the Yams A series Loop Remix and the Emus BeatMungling Facilities.
Then i would sugest a decent set or Monitors, or a good set of earphones...

a controller KB can be bought cheap, these help ALOT when making arped chords controlled by velocity, however for a lil more u can prolly get a KB synth, so you kill 2 birds with one stone by getting an external sound source, as well as a controller in one hit.

The easiest way to start makin tunes (IMO) is with Orion, the generators within that program are AWSOME, and can be remotely controlled via midi (either thru Hubis or your external controller) samplers, synths and its VSTi compatible, and low latency make this the SW of choice when starting out..
this will give you some insight into how controllers, programs, and sequencers work.
Also you can sequence your song in a linear form from your core loops.

i personaly use HW, coz i like the hands on approach, i also njoi playing live.
but these days with the way SW is goin, you can make a tune out of anything...

I would only suggest Cubase if u already had some sort of understanding of MIDI, as it can be quite complex.. and CB is not the easiest approach at making music if u dont intend on goin to Steinberg seminars and classes and dont have anyone to teach you.

Do ALOT of research BEFORE you invest any money, as there are alot of salespeople out there who would lie to you to get a sale...
You have the internet, jsut remember its the best tool to ask questions.

Hey Lusive, i havent heard of the Audigy drivers being hacked for Standard SBLive (yet) any ideas on where ican check em out??
Sounds interesting :D

For we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams - Willy Wonka

www.letdabasskick.homestead.com

www.letdabasskick.homestead.com

www.austech.info

sammyg
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  19:57:54  Show profile  Send a private message
Where can I find synth samples? I'm looking for wav files of the synth used in "Turn Up the Music" - Scott Brown, and "Liberta" - LoveChild so if you can point me in the right direction, that would be mad cos I can get some Hardcore out there....

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page