Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  14:41:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
Parties don't get positive media coverage here. You see we really have only two people that who own the media in this country and I think in their view there would be nothing positive about the scene. But positive coverage would be beneficial.

As for the drugs, well, I think that a choice let down to the individual. I think in the State Gov'ts guidelines there is something to do with drugs and there is security at every party, but, really there main purpose is to not let any weapons in. But, they have also searched for drugs before. There have been police searching people at raves before they enter. It's true people can go to raves and enjoyh themselves without taking drugs, but, the majority I know don't.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - manic on 2002/04/02 14:49:19
Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  20:43:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
all i know is the guy i know who brings anything to a party, tapes em to his unmentionable area....
seen parties where they took my friends freaking gum away from him...
maybe that's just here (and not all the time!!)

Potatoe

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  23:12:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I went into a party in Australia one time, I had some Japanese anti-acid's tablets in my bag that I totally forgot about, there was a police search at the door, they poored the tablets all over the table and crushed everyone, felt them and sniffed them then said well they are not drugs but you can't have them back.... yeah, like I wanted them back now...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/04/03 :  14:59:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
I have ever been search by police at a party. Silver give us the details of where it was. If it was a Sydney party it probably in the last two or three years. I have seen cops search people at the door, but, I didn't have a ticket that night and did not go in. I have also heard that cops were using dogs at parties as well.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/03 :  15:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think if we take away drugs totally i.e search evry1 on the dorr ( or summat ridiculous liek that) then we'd kill our own scene from the inside......Im glad teh government introduced that tap water must be available on site, even tho it helped teh organisatiosn make mor emoney on water it was v.dangerous in my opinion....also that raves/clubs must av a chill out room.......The government may get alot of stik but ( even if they are A$$holes) they have done a few good thingz for teh scene and teh ravers.....( yes believe it or not they did)

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/03 :  20:00:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
england is very drugs minded maybe thats the reason the atmos is so good there

You can't see me,because i am the future.

DJ Bunnyboi

United States
28 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  09:11:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The crackdown on raves in the US has been going on for years. If you were to ask people in Detroit about a rave, many would tell you they haven't exsisted for years, most would say since 96. I really dont know if thats true, but I think the authorities have done a really good job messing up the rave scene in the United States, if they havent ended them completely, they truely have damaged them. The whole EM:DEF or whatever seems like it could be a good idea, but the American Governments "War on Drugs" and now terrorism, is going to make it really hard to throw a sucessful underground party. I say hit up a nice legal venue, and get a liquor licence. The underground (at least where im from) is dead. I truely believe we should let it die. Maybe someday there will be the opertunity to throw underground events again.

::HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS::

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  21:50:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
honestly, granted they may be going on without my knowledge....
but i don't even think my city (winnipeg, manitoba, canada) could even facilitate a good underground party... anywhere that might be an option i think would end up busted somehow... *shruggies*

Potatoe

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  11:49:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
we should start "safe" raves (no drugs) and then there will be no problems

just dance........

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  21:29:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skies2049:
we should start "safe" raves (no drugs) and then there will be no problems

Well, we already do. I'm pretty sure that none of the promotion companies down where u live encourage people to bring drugs into parties. You probably get a pad down and they look through your bag for drugs when u go to a party right? Thus they are saying no drugs allowed in parties. Of course they can’t strip search people (that would be ludicrous) so drugs do get in.

Point being, we are trying to have as safe parties as we can in most places, but if people want to do drugs you can't really stop them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent_Double_EE

Canada
59 posts
Posted - 2002/05/16 :  17:05:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Agent_Double_EE's homepage  Reply with quote
In my city we have lost our scene because of bylaws enforced on having a permit and cops and paramedics at our parties to boot with sound/air qualitie officails. There are standards that are enforced (ie free water). I understand these but when they "revamped" it they made the permit unattainable (2000.00 and higher depending on the promoter) and the cost to start a party rediculous. They also passed only 2 venues that hold up to 10 000 people the only two locations deemed safe to have a party. This makes it impossible to have a party less then 3000 people. Our scene has thrived on parties maxed out at 3000 not minimum so all the promoters are throwing in the towel. They say its to make raves "safe" for the people attending them but they have a back issue of drugs and gangs (we haven't yet had a problem with gangs or violence at a party)
My opinion is that if they are truely worried about the drugs then by making the promoters and "ravers" go underground even more there are no regulations on security and safety. Anyone can get in with anything (drugs/guns/knives) and there is no paramedics if something happens. I feel alot better when I'm searched & patted down and see police as security. I don't have to worry about dumb sh*t happening and can enjoy the vibe.
We also have at the big parties a no gum rule. but this is because a promoter had to pay over 2000.00 in damages because of the sticky stuff. he now puts down a larger taped together linolium down befor the parties.
As for parties without drugs...we have parties put on by ravesafe. They allow you to party with knowledge they neither promote or discourgage drug use but provide you with inforamtion about both. Allowing it to be an informed individual choice made by each participant.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page