Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/04/08 :  00:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
From what I have heard of Vinylgroover, I like it, all the happyhard shit that is. It's a shame that vinylgroover has chosen another genre, but, that's his choice and I'm sure it gives someone else a chance to produce their talent.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/10 :  03:24:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
thats it it all comes down to money .... but i still think he is a class dj ..... an if he decides to come back one day i will forgive him

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/04/10 :  05:07:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
his new stuff sounds more like trance then hardhouse to me..

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/10 :  05:12:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
well mayb its hard-trance-house!!!!! my personal oppinion is that he is (was) a spot on happy hardcore dj an i dont think that the tunes he is knocking out now are half as good as what he has done in the past... but he obviously doesnt enjoy the music any more so good luck to him!

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/10 :  05:17:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey I can forgive him cus he has given me some funky shit!!!! Wham Bam is a really Fked up tune, thats why i luv it SOOOO much, also rainfall down is anotha wierd classic!!! U cant h8 him unless u r a shameful pop luva!!!

I don't wanna see any of you walkin', U'd betta be runnin'. . .

Luna C
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  12:29:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Luna C's homepage  Reply with quote
I do not know Vinylgroover well enough to tell you his motives...but I will say a few things about this topic.
1) If you are a musician full time, its hard to pay the bills. If you are a plumber and you dont have enough money, it is unlikely you will decide to become a doctor. Likewise, if you cannot survive on Hardcore alone, then maybe you have to try something else to pay the way, and you are more likely to succeed in another genere, than another career. Its not all about money, but you gotta have food on the table, eh?
2) It can get boring doing the same job everyday - its no different for musicians.
3) It doesn't matter if he leaves...It matter's whether he is truly Hardcore or not...and only he knows that...

BaDBoY

United Kingdom
114 posts
Posted - 2002/04/19 :  15:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Well, In My Oppinion Vinylgroover Wasnt That Good A Dj..
He Was "ok".. if You Ask Me His true Talents Lie In His Music Production..
He Was A KickAss Producer !!

He Is Now Doin Acid Trance And Hard Dance.. I Dont Think He Has Given up On Hardcore, Jus.. As Luna - C Sed.. If You Are A Producer You Go Where The Money Takes You, Especially If Music Is your Only Source Of Income.
I Think No Matter What Genre he turns His Hand To He Will Churn out Some Top Class Choons.. But His Home Will ALWAYS Be With The Hardcore Scene !

Badboy.

Badboy.

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/20 :  01:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah i couldnt of said it better my self luna c. its just a waste really i suppose theres new hhc dj's bein born all the time, an im sure it wasnt payin the bills 4 a while but thinkin about it .... can any1 really lose their hardcore...... surely not!!! lets hope he comes bk with the mother of all hhc!!!!!!!

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/20 :  08:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Does anyone liek his WISHING ON A STAR track........? i thinks its coola nd cheesy n a decent trak but it has nearly caused me to cry in my early days of mixing hardcore lol ( i no thats jst me being shit ) but neway i thinks it a class tune i jst cant never remeber hearing it played neware?

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

SuperHenke

Sweden
285 posts
SuperHenke has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/20 :  08:53:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:
Does anyone liek his WISHING ON A STAR track........?

I love that tune..

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  02:09:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
raaah! wikkid choon!! i forgot bout that one........ *wonders if she still has it*

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  03:17:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I play it on the radio on this site.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  06:29:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah maybe HHC dj's are being born all the time but are HHC producers being born all the time and if so can they match the excedingly good quality that Vinylgroover was producing? I think not possibly some but who knows I still think we lost a great producer and it's a shame.

Sy.

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/24 :  11:33:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
*nods* i agree we did lose a great producer

but i mean, i gotta respect his decision
he spent his time with us, gave us some wicked choons....
and hey, it's all good :)

long as he's doin what makes him happy :)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/25 :  04:06:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
i doubt he will come bk
if he doesnt like the music any more and his heart aint in it then he wouldnt b givin his best anyway so cya vinylgroover (at least i still got his tapes from way bk!!!)

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page