Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
that wasn't singing

*edit* that sounded harsh initially off the bat. I just meant that sounded like talking, not singing, and there's a huge difference.

People who know me, know that i'm extremely upfront and i don't **** around. IMHO you can't sing... and vocal processing isn't going to fix that. It's just going to sound like autotuned talking.

But singing is a talent. I can't dance ballet... just because i dress myself up in a pink leotard, some nice pink shoes and put a pretty bow in my hair doesn't mean i wont look like a retard flailing about... there's no dressing up the fact i can't dance.

I wouldn't use those vocals in a track. It'll sound horrible. If you're actually interested in developing some form of singing ability, then visit a vocal coach.

i will give him credit for having the balls to try we are scene of hate?

you may not like it but fairplay but he only a young lad he may find his voice he shared with us what he could do may not be the best but he gave it a shot i bet he embarassed by your remark

oh well that all i can say?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:27:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gisbo:
we are scene of hate?

Pretty much. At least on this site.

Edited by - Dante on 2011/01/27 20:29:11
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
that wasn't singing

*edit* that sounded harsh initially off the bat. I just meant that sounded like talking, not singing, and there's a huge difference.

People who know me, know that i'm extremely upfront and i don't **** around. IMHO you can't sing... and vocal processing isn't going to fix that. It's just going to sound like autotuned talking.

But singing is a talent. I can't dance ballet... just because i dress myself up in a pink leotard, some nice pink shoes and put a pretty bow in my hair doesn't mean i wont look like a retard flailing about... there's no dressing up the fact i can't dance.

I wouldn't use those vocals in a track. It'll sound horrible. If you're actually interested in developing some form of singing ability, then visit a vocal coach.

you may not like it but fairplay but he only a young lad he may find his voice he shared with us what he could do may not be the best but he gave it a shot i bet he embarassed by your remark

To be honest, anyone reading Andy's comments should know what they are in for so it's all good lol. No one gets special treatment so it's not like it's just Lorenzo that's getting the raw end of the deal. I see Andy already addressed this in his own post. Like the thread that came before this regarding Thumpa's opinions, it's just one persons opinion. No matter how bad and uncalled for it is, it is what it is so it's not the end of the world. Plus many people may agree with him but instead won't be vocal about it, that isn't really any better they just don't want their ego's hurt by people thinking they are a twat.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/01/27 20:36:14
redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:39:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
we are scene of hate?

Pretty much. At least on this site.

This site is full of pussycats compared to Ush mate. There is very rarely conflict or harsh words on this site, Id say its a very polite site actually :)

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Edited by - redwingz on 2011/01/27 20:40:12
scottyd2k9
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
749 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:47:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit scottyd2k9's homepage  Reply with quote
His singing might sound alot better once it's been tweaked, not everyones voice is perfect, atleast he doesn't have one of those sqeueeky singing voices that soundlike a cat being dragged...

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:54:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
thanks for the replies.

Andy: i have tons of respect for you, but you did go a lil hard; you couldve sed the first few things and the last thing and stopped n i wouldve understood what you're were saying. but now i feel ashamed of my own voice and never want to try singing ever again.

Rowan: please dont make jokes. you're jus making me feel alot worse.

now you guys can bash me for being a pussy cause i used the words "feel" and "please"

I don't think of what i said to be harsh at all to be honest.

I opened by stating that it wasn't singing. It's not. That's not offensive, that's just a statement of truth. It just sounds like talking to me.

My follow-up was that auto-tune is not going to help. Because it wont - being a producer i know this first hand - there is no substitute for a good voice. No amount of processing will make bad tone or timbre good.

So far, by my count, nothing harsh. So, what i'm left to think is that the analogy is what you didn't really understand. So i'll explain that too.

Me trying to dance is like you trying to sing. I can't do it, but i've never had any training. what i mean is, i'm not a natural. You obviously know you aren't too, because you were expecting bad feedback. So you already knew you had no natural talent by asking people not to go too harshly on you, and stating that you already know you lack emotion on the recording. Have you ever heard emotionless singing sound good? exactly.

So the analogy of me dressing up like a ballerina is interchangeable with you using auto-tuning. I was just emphasizing the point that it won't help because well... it wont.

And then i said it'll sound horrible in a track because well... it will. It's not good singing - but i'll reiterate the fact that you KNEW this before you posted it up. The way i see it is i've been the nicest one by being truthful and detailed. How much worse would it be if you put these in a track, sent it out to every label and nobody wanted it? Without getting a reason why, you might start blaming your production or your music-writing ability - which might have nothing to do with it, just because people were not honest with you and told you that you can sing when you can't.

And by my count i'm also the only one who encouraged you by telling you if you want to pursue singing to go see a vocal coach.

So according to my count - i'm the only one who gave you a detailed honest answer, despite the fact you had an inkling the singing wasn't good (by asking people not to go too hard on you, and you could recognise there was no emotion in the recording - being common knowledge that there is emotion in singing). This leads me to believe you're disheartened by the honest comments and advice that i gave you - that's fine, but it's not my fault you can't sing. It's a rare ability - and even rarer with no training.

You were going to hear the truth eventually anyway be it from me or someone else - better on a forum than infront of a lot of people, hey? besides, if you actually want to pursue singing, or anything in music, you're going to need a much tougher skin than this. To be honest you're being a bit sensitive.

Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  20:58:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:
that wasn't singing

To be honest, anyone reading Andy's comments should know what they are in for so it's all good lol. No one gets special treatment so it's not like it's just Lorenzo that's getting the raw end of the deal. I see Andy already addressed this in his own post. Like the thread that came before this regarding Thumpa's opinions, it's just one persons opinion. No matter how bad and uncalled for it is, it is what it is so it's not the end of the world. Plus many people may agree with him but instead won't be vocal about it, that isn't really any better they just don't want their ego's hurt by people thinking they are a twat.

fair one ,
thumpa opinion marathon is in the past dont think it matter what went off i apoligised to him and left it there

wish this scene would pull together it seem that it become a scene of slagging everyone off

im slowly deciding i may quit but i love the music so it one hell of a hold back

well that what i think anyway

Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:02:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

Andy: i have tons of respect for you, but you did go a lil hard; you couldve sed the first few things and the last thing and stopped n i wouldve understood what you're were saying. but now i feel ashamed of my own voice and never want to try singing ever again.

now you guys can bash me for being a pussy cause i used the words "feel" and "please"

I opened by stating that it wasn't singing. It's not. That's not offensive, that's just a statement of truth. It just sounds like talking to me.

My follow-up was that auto-tune is not going to help. Because it wont - being a producer i know this first hand - there is no substitute for a good voice. No amount of processing will make bad tone or timbre good.

So far, by my count, nothing harsh. So, what i'm left to think is that the analogy is what you didn't really understand. So i'll explain that too.

Me trying to dance is like you trying to sing. I can't do it, but i've never had any training. what i mean is, i'm not a natural. You obviously know you aren't too, because you were expecting bad feedback. So you already knew you had no natural talent by asking people not to go too harshly on you, and stating that you already know you lack emotion on the recording. Have you ever heard emotionless singing sound good? exactly.

So the analogy of me dressing up like a ballerina is interchangeable with you using auto-tuning. I was just emphasizing the point that it won't help because well... it wont.

And then i said it'll sound horrible in a track because well... it will. It's not good singing - but i'll reiterate the fact that you KNEW this before you posted it up. The way i see it is i've been the nicest one by being truthful and detailed. How much worse would it be if you put these in a track, sent it out to every label and nobody wanted it? Without getting a reason why, you might start blaming your production or your music-writing ability - which might have nothing to do with it, just because people were not honest with you and told you that you can sing when you can't.

And by my count i'm also the only one who encouraged you by telling you if you want to pursue singing to go see a vocal coach.

So according to my count - i'm the only one who gave you a detailed honest answer, despite the fact you had an inkling the singing wasn't good (by asking people not to go too hard on you, and you could recognise there was no emotion in the recording - being common knowledge that there is emotion in singing). This leads me to believe you're disheartened by the honest comments and advice that i gave you - that's fine, but it's not my fault you can't sing. It's a rare ability - and even rarer with no training.

You were going to hear the truth eventually anyway be it from me or someone else - better on a forum than infront of a lot of people, hey? besides, if you actually want to pursue singing, or anything in music, you're going to need a much tougher skin than this. To be honest you're being a bit sensitive.

erm ouch ?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:03:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
indeed, what i said was just in the friendliest possible jest, not the be taken seriously in the slightest

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:07:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

erm ouch ?

i'm not going to be chastised by giving honest feedback on a topic asking for feedback.

if he wasn't prepared for bad feedback, he shouldn't be asking for feedback in the first place.

Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:16:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
thanks for the replies.

erm ouch ?

i'm not going to be chastised by giving honest feedback on a topic asking for feedback.

if he wasn't prepared for bad feedback, he shouldn't be asking for feedback in the first place.

haha ok chill out neways im out nothing left to say now bye now!

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:20:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
andy i really understood what you sed in your first post. you didnt need to continue. you're actin like im complete retard which is even more offensive and yes im a very sensitive person.

Edited by - Lorenzo.Tweakn on 2011/01/27 21:26:43
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:25:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
andy i really understood what you sed in your first post. you didnt need to continue. you're actin like im complete retard which is even more offensive.

It shouldn't have been offensive in the first place - but my most recent reply analysed your post, explained and rationalized my post, and i'm getting called a retard?

I thought i was being logical.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
im not callin you a retard.
quote:

actin like ima complete retard

wtf.

alright. when people go into such depth to explain things to me it seems to think i dont understand the simple fact. you went to such length to explain a simple thing. As if i dont understand what you ment by the first few statements.

Edited by - Lorenzo.Tweakn on 2011/01/27 21:39:06
atomsk
Advanced Member

United States
1,660 posts
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit atomsk's homepage  Reply with quote
Here we go.

*grabs popcorn again*

Back in high school now arent we?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page