Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  21:54:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
im not callin you a retard.
quote:

actin like ima complete retard

wtf.

alright. when people go into such depth to explain things to me it seems to think i dont understand the simple fact. you went to such length to explain a simple thing. As if i dont understand what you ment by the first few statements.

well that's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it.

Because if you understood then you wouldn't have taken offence - but then after justifying it, with your response, i'd be surprised if you even read it. It was logical and explained everything that i said, in case there was any miscommunication between what i said, and what you inferred. Which there obviously was, so there was justification in me verifying and explaining in detail.

So let me get this straight for a second.

You obviously posted up a clip of you singing for feedback. I gave you honest feedback, which you inferred to mean that you shouldn't ever sing again - even though i said if you wanted to pursue it to go see a vocal coach. Okay.

But then, after reading that you were offended by my first post (which wasn't meant to be offensive) I thought it'd be a good idea to explain what i meant - which you inferred to mean that i think you're a retard.

Come on man, is there any way to win with you apart from lying to you?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  22:31:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
....and I'll repeat my post from earlier -

quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
Lorenzo.

Andy has obviously sobered-up from Australia Day and, as hard as it may seem, is telling you the Truth. Be wise and believe him.

I don't know about anyone else here but if you've seen programmes like the X Factor the only episodes worth watching are the first few

where they hold the auditions and all the useless wannabes are told the truth that they can't sing and Simon Cowell, who tells them so, is made out to horrible.

WTF is wrong with the world these days where the Truth, as opposed to a vague and unqualified opinion, is no longer acceptable?

This topic is no different but Andy has had the good grace to suggest that by taking singing lessons you might improve.

Where on earth is there anything offensive in that???? Get over yourselves' people. ffs.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  22:51:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
Originally posted by Gisbo:
we are scene of hate?

Pretty much. At least on this site.

This site is full of pussycats compared to Ush mate. There is very rarely conflict or harsh words on this site, Id say its a very polite site actually :)

Yeah this site is very tame by comparison.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/01/27 :  23:51:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Jesus effing christ!

Lorenzo Lorenzo Lorenzo....

You're clearly a really nice guy but it might have been a little unwise for someone as sensitive as yourself to seek other people's opinion if you're unable to take any negative (but constructive) comments.

Nobody has said OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS AWFUL!, but i guarantee you some will have thought it. So you should be grateful people have tried to be nice about it.

It's nothing to do with 'hating' or people criticising just for fun - you want honesty, that's what you'll get here. Nobody has belittled you or made fun of you, you should in fact be grateful that people have taken the time to listen and give feedback - plenty of people don't get that.

I don't know of any place, either in 'real life' or the internet where everybody likes everything and agrees on everything with everybody else!

Well, not unless www.sycophanticarselickersoftheworldunite.com is a real website.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  00:13:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Jesus effing christ!

Lorenzo Lorenzo Lorenzo....

You're clearly a really nice guy but it might have been a little unwise for someone as sensitive as yourself to seek other people's opinion if you're unable to take any negative (but constructive) comments.

Nobody has said OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS AWFUL!, but i guarantee you some will have thought it. So you should be grateful people have tried to be nice about it.

It's nothing to do with 'hating' or people criticising just for fun - you want honesty, that's what you'll get here. Nobody has belittled you or made fun of you, you should in fact be grateful that people have taken the time to listen and give feedback - plenty of people don't get that.

I don't know of any place, either in 'real life' or the internet where everybody likes everything and agrees on everything with everybody else!

Well, not unless www.sycophanticarselickersoftheworldunite.com is a real website.

Everything about this post is true and couldn't really have said it better, though i tried (not here).

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  01:35:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
i was wondering why this post was so long, and after a few laughs i was glad i found out!

btw haven't heard the vocals, may or may not check them out

Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  01:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
isnt happy hardcore such a loving caring community hahahaha

so im gna sing a little song in text

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaa laaa la la la alalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

written by gisbo hahahaha

im so bored

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  02:39:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
if you don't think there's not enough love here, you're more than welcome to go to ush i'm sure they'll give you plenty of love over there.

didn't get a chance to hear the clip as it has been removed, but i'd rather someone who knows what they're talking about to be brutally honest w/ me no matter how hurtful it can be than to have my friends give unwarranted positive feedback, only to make a total ass of myself

redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  12:00:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
I would say in terms of other music communities which are blatantly and publically very 'cut-throat' hardcore is full of pussy cats who on the whole, all get along well.

Every music industry is competitive. Actually, every INDUSTRY is competitive. Its like applying for a job, if you arent right for the role, they dont hire you so that your feelings arent hurt, they tell you they arent hiring you and that they went with someone else who is better, yet that doesnt upset people, its just life.
Music is no different, wether its hardcore, dubstep, rock or pop. You get people who are honest. Why? Because we all love the scene we are involved in, and people want to help eachother and the only way you can do that is through honesty.

Saying UK Hardcore is a harsh scene is so far off the mark. Hardcore is a soft scene, and that, mainly is because there is no money in it. The more money in an industry, the tougher it is. If you are a popstar and you album flops, you know this, the world knows this and you are dropped from the label and your career is effectively over. Those labels are driven by money, if you arent making it for them, go flip burgers. Where has this idea that everybody in hardcore has to get along come from anyway? In music there will always be conflict because its taste, and people like different things. WE CANT ALL LOVE EACHOTHER.
In hardcore if you have a couple of tracks that sell badly....who cares? Nobody actually knows what your sales figures are and nobody really cares, because no one is achieving anywhere near enough sales to make a living off mp3 sales in UK hardcore, not even close. So a label would never drop you for poor sales, and if they did, there are a million and 1 other digital half arsed run labels who will have you.

The problem with UK Hardcore is that there is no quality control. You can be the worst producer in the world and still sell your music by signing up to IMOdownload and 'starting a label'. This gives idiots the chance to think they are running a record label because they have an IMO account and a soundcloud page, and it lets deluded producers think they are awesome because they have tracks 'signed' to a 'label'.

The problem I have with this scene is that there are more labels than paying customers. I use the term label very loosely because I dont think you can class 90% of the labels in hardcore as a 'record label' because I genuinely dont think that the people running that 90% of labels know the first thing about the legal side and business and marketing side of music.

Getting slightly off the point now, so Ill wrap it up :p
People who think this scene is harsh....try another scene, a bigger scene, find out how harsh music really can be, cause in hardcore with how easy it is to become a 'signed artist' I think we have the easiest and safest scene in music.

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Edited by - redwingz on 2011/01/28 12:02:05
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  15:58:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

....oh yeh, Lorenzo, just for curiosity's sake, link me up to your vocals (as they're no longer on SoundCloud) and I'll use every trick in the book to make them sound as good as possible and that's a promise.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2011/01/28 16:03:27
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  16:03:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Wise words from Redwingz, who i suspect knows how to run his own little empire without needing meaningless encouragement from a bunch of brown-nosers who know chuff all about anything (but secretly daren't voice an opinion in case he gets famous)!

Gisbo, you must have so many people up your arse you don't know the difference between constructive criticism and ripping other people to bits.

You've either been let down badly in the past so much that you can't tell the difference or you do far too many drugs!

H3RO

United States
145 posts
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  20:35:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit H3RO's homepage  Reply with quote
I completely agree with everything Andy said. I've had the opportunity to talk to him and get to know him a little bit, and he's just an honest dude. He's not going to tell you something to make you feel good. He wasn't being mean...at all. Posting a clip of you singing and asking for feedback on a forum frequently visited by producers and musicians, and professional ones at that, i.e. Andy, you're going to get feedback. Instead of getting your feelings hurt and giving up on singing, which might not be your thing, but learn from what he's saying. No one here thinks any less of you because you can't sing.

atomsk
Advanced Member

United States
1,660 posts
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  20:53:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit atomsk's homepage  Reply with quote
Mr. Mods, I think this should be closed soon, not because everyone is harsh truthful. But because this is turning into a lynching, we all know the scene is hard, we hear about it every day. So just the sake of the forum, I think this needs be closed before it escalates into something worse.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  21:32:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
this site aint that harsh (i don't think anyway) i asked 4 advice n got it plus i got good feedback on my tunes n i h8 a lot o them n was expecting a fair bit of negativity but instead got helpful advice n even if i did get negative feedback it still wouldn't have stopped me i do it bcuz i enjoy it & btw i clicked on the link but it looks like you took it off soundcloud u shudnt have just bcuz people say it aint gud dnt mean u have to stop keep all ur bad examples n use em as a template to improve thats the only way to improve imho...keep tryin until you get it right not every1 can sing naturally some people have to learn so i say keep at it n you'll get there in the end dnt let any1 get you down n do what you want to do...even if it is terrible

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  21:47:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

The only thing I agree with is that it doesn't really sound like singing... it's very stare and you don't show much emotions, try to put more energy in your words, try to "let everything out" when you sing, that's the only advice I can give you for now :) Avoid being monotone!

But don't worry, I bet the guys in this thread wouldn't even have the balls to upload a clip like that ;) At least it shows you have more self-confidence than them, so don't give up! Cheers and good luck Lorenzo :)

Edited by - Revs on 2011/01/28 21:50:12

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page