Total online 1817
 Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 was 'Nessaja' by Scooter an original track?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/01/20 :  15:41:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Weekend was another of their rip offs:

Earth and Fire where a Dutch group but similar to the music from the UK of the same time

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/01/23 :  23:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore wannabes is what Scooter are.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/01/24 :  06:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

Successful is what they are. Can you really say that whatever genre they have dabble in, that they haven't gotten more sccessful than the others?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/01/24 :  08:19:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

Successful is what they are. Can you really say that whatever genre they have dabble in, that they haven't gotten more sccessful than the others?

Some of their tunes do stand out though.

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2018/01/27 :  13:35:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Scooter managed to have at least(!) one Single in the German one TOP100 charts 24 years in a row. There is no other act that comes even close to that!

Since Rick Jordan left they changed their songwriting and production style drastically. On the Albums they always had original tunes, mostly the trance tunes non of you even know ( :P ) but with the newer albums there is more original content on there. In my exes that didn't make the music better though.

And btw Weekend also uses a riff from this track. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3j8crRE2A&t=3m20s

Edited by - ViolonC on 2018/01/31 13:12:39
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/01/29 :  13:10:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Scooter does a bit of gabber it?s on the Body Combat playlists one which I quite enjoy.

DabeeDj
Starting Member

Ukraine
1 post
Posted - 2020/04/19 :  01:10:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DabeeDj's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, it's kinda necro post, but I guess some of you will be surprised:
Nessaja - Once Again, happy hardcore track released 7 years before Scooter:)

https://youtu.be/fH3tdG07VMo

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/04/19 :  10:07:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Scooter are what they are, and it works. I don't mind them.

Their early stuff was decent, and Endless Summer is amazing. That is my all time fave track, the piano riff in that is perfect.

And any group that has semi naked women dancing around to hardcore, is a win win in my opinion.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/04/19 :  10:35:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah it works for Scooter. I do like a good number of their tracks, yeah their early stuff was decent and tracks from around the same time as Nessaja. Friends is one of my fav Scooter tracks, first track heard from them.

I want you to stream! This is pretty good.

Dem Retak

Estonia
21 posts
Posted - 2020/04/19 :  13:10:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dem Retak's homepage  Reply with quote
You'd be surprised how many people loved Scooter. I used to be able to blast their tracks through the PA of the biggest pub/venue in my city. The owner, my boss and the senior bartender were all super into it. Sometimes it would still play even after opening the doors for customers and they wouldn't give a f*ck for like 30 minutes, even though it wouldn't be the music they usually play. I remember a group of younger customers cheering as the Scooter played. While I can't say i'm a fan of Scooter, I am happy for them being who they are and reaching mainstream. It definitely helps a lot bridging the cap between mainstream and true UK Hardcore. I was blasting all kinds of UK hardcore while cleaning the bar(while the venue was closed) and none of them minded at all. Let me remind you, in my country UK hardcore is unheard of. Scooter for older folks and hardstyle for younger folks is pretty much the closest thing to hardcore here.

Edited by - Dem Retak on 2020/04/19 13:24:14
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/04/19 :  14:16:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Did someone say... mainstream?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/04/20 :  07:14:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Did someone say... mainstream?

lmfao oh my god ! lol Well everyone gotta start somewhere I guess.

And they have the ability to show they are hardcore when they want to

Elys1um

Finland
39 posts
Posted - 2020/04/20 :  10:27:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elys1um's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dem Retak:
I was blasting all kinds of UK hardcore while cleaning the bar(while the venue was closed) and none of them minded at all. Let me remind you, in my country UK hardcore is unheard of. Scooter for older folks and hardstyle for younger folks is pretty much the closest thing to hardcore here.

Is Hardstyle very popular in Estonia? I know people from Finland travel to Hardstyle festivals/events there, some times for Trance line ups as well

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page